New AP Poll | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New AP Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
The last TX game also featured something I'll never forget: then TX assistant (and former/again TN assistant) Micki DeMoss walked right by Geno in the handshake line at the end of the game w/o offering her hand. Classy.
DeMoss did that every time UConn and Texas played. I don't know how far back that goes but I certainly don't recall her pulling that stunt when she was at TN before and they were still playing UConn.
So, it can certainly be deduced that DeMoss decided to do it around the same time Summitt ended the series with UConn.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The last TX game also featured something I'll never forget: then TX assistant (and former/again TN assistant) Micki DeMoss walked right by Geno in the handshake line at the end of the game w/o offering her hand. Classy.

I'm sure DeMoss was just in deep thought about the Texas team and the stat sheet she'd just been handed. Isn't that the reason given for why Summitt walked off the court without shaking DeMoss' or the Texas team's hands after Texas beat Tenn in '08? (BTW, Summitt at least apologized for her actions.)

Bad feelings and losses don't always bring out the best in people.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
i'd forgotten about that Nan. i'll bet the Syracuse player never thought she'd be caught on TV tripping coach... i that was the game Syracuse decided to play overly aggressive and hack and smack the UCONN players, so Geno asked the team what they wanted to do and the answer was "leave the starters in and bury them"... there was a lot of bad blood after that game. the Orange coach never instructed his kids to stop playing dirty either.

Reaction Score
I'm sure DeMoss was just in deep thought about the Texas team and the stat sheet she'd just been handed.
I'm sure that's it. And funny enough, she managed to emerged from this fog to shake the hands of all the other members of the UConn coaching staff.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
i'd forgotten about that Nan. i'll bet the Syracuse player never thought she'd be caught on TV tripping coach... i that was the game Syracuse decided to play overly aggressive and hack and smack the UCONN players, so Geno asked the team what they wanted to do and the answer was "leave the starters in and bury them"... there was a lot of bad blood after that game. the Orange coach never instructed his kids to stop playing dirty either.
There was a bit of trash talk before the game from a couple of SU players who said anyone on their team could guard Maya - and a few other pithy comments. Maya's line from that game: 40 points (14-23, 10-14 from three), 13 reb, 2 assists and 2 steals.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Was that the game when Caroline went down in the first half?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
There was a bit of trash talk before the game from a couple of SU players who said anyone on their team could guard Maya - and a few other pithy comments. Maya's line from that game: 40 points (14-23, 10-14 from three), 13 reb, 2 assists and 2 steals.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
that was a great trip down memory land DC. thanks for posting that... when she scored her 40th point, it was Syracuse 44, Maya 40...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scorpio1

Top Bottom