OT: - Neutral games with Syracuse/Scheduling Pitt | The Boneyard

OT: Neutral games with Syracuse/Scheduling Pitt

Reaction Score
I know we'll almost definitely end up getting Cuse at Battle 4 Atlantis this year (if it doesn't get cancelled). Do you guys prefer all these neutral games with Cuse... obviously playing in MSG is different than playing in Atlantis, but I guess what I'm asking is would you rather the schools continue to play in MSG as often as possible, or would you prefer home and homes? I know MSG is huge to the UConn brand but it would be sick to have Cuse at home.

Also why haven't UConn and Pitt gotten together to schedule anything since realignment? Seems like a massive wasted opportunity on both parts. Thoughts/anyone else OOC you'd like to schedule?

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Selfishly I’d love to see Pitt on the schedule so I can see us play without traveling, but I don’t see it happening. Their M.O. back to Dixon is to schedule as many cupcakes as possible in non-conference and that seems to have carried over with Capel. Outside of the nostalgia factor and my own selfish reasons, they really wouldn’t add much to the schedule as they’re awful and I don’t see that changing anytime soon.

Reaction Score
UConn v Cuse still has juice. I don't mind it a perennial neutral-site game. Makes it seem special. Pitt? Meh.
Idk I think UConn and Pitt could still have some pull. Although it's not Cuse Nova or Gtown, remember how excited the fanbase was when we played Gtown OOC a few years ago? They were probably worse than Pitt is right now.

Reaction Score
thought it was well known cuse would never come back to gampel again

Reaction Score
I kind of feel like I'm done with Syracuse... Of course the more games at MSG the better, but as long as it's versus a big name does it matter who? Pitt hasn't been relevant to me since Kemba stuck a dagger in their face. It's taken longer, but I feel like I'm in the same place with syracuse too.

Reaction Score
I kind of feel like I'm done with Syracuse... Of course the more games at MSG the better, but as long as it's versus a big name does it matter who? Pitt hasn't been relevant to me since Kemba stuck a dagger in their face. It's taken longer, but I feel like I'm in the same place with syracuse too.
Couldn't disagree more. I'm all for new rivalries (Creighton this year seemed like a start) but I think the Cuse rivalry is important to both fanbases and should be maintained

Reaction Score
Playing Cuse annually at the MSG
Should be a given
It’s a great recruiting tool
Although a Mini Garden tourney with
UConn
Syracuse
Pitt
WVA
Should be kind of kool
Schools that hate each other are always fun.
This would be great

Reaction Score
Selfishly I’d love to see Pitt on the schedule so I can see us play without traveling, but I don’t see it happening. Their M.O. back to Dixon is to schedule as many cupcakes as possible in non-conference and that seems to have carried over with Capel. Outside of the nostalgia factor and my own selfish reasons, they really wouldn’t add much to the schedule as they’re awful and I don’t see that changing anytime soon.
I think playing @ Pitt every other year or so would be a good warmup/tester because we have been a pretty bad road team the last couple years.

Also Pitt would probably be our best OOC home game this year

Reaction Score
Pitt fans?
Laughter Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
remember how excited the fanbase was when we played Gtown OOC a few years ago? They were probably worse than Pitt is right now.
Yeah, but this is Pitt

Reaction Score
Anyone have thoughts on a home & home with Arkansas?

Both historical programs being revived by maniac coaches with great cultures and rabid fanbases. Would love to see the shouting match between Hurley and Muss on the sidelines...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You want to play Syracuse in NYC, fine. Makes sense.

You want a neutral site game against Pitt, you’re just throwing stuff against the wall.

But then someone suggested a home and home against Arkansas and suddenly the Pitt stuff looks better by association.

Reaction Score
You want to play Syracuse in NYC, fine. Makes sense.

You want a neutral site game against Pitt, you’re just throwing stuff against the wall.

But then someone suggested a home and home against Arkansas and suddenly the Pitt stuff looks better by association.
Lol Arkansas made the Elite 8 and is an electric program. I understand the historical ties with Pitt, but as a fairly younger fan of UConn I'd rather play Arkansas than a watered-down Pitt nostalgia game.

Don't get me wrong, I'd still want to play Pitt.

Reaction Score
Home and home or nothing. Both programs are now invisible in the city. Let's keep it that way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom