OT: - Nembhard Out for the Season at Creighton | The Boneyard

OT: Nembhard Out for the Season at Creighton

Reaction Score

Injured his wrist going for a steal at St. John's last night. Creighton is on the right of the bubble but they have a tough schedule coming up - @ Providence, vs. us, and vs. Hall.

Reaction Score
Figures Providence gets to play Creighton Satruday night to win the regular season title.

Reaction Score
Hate Creighton but always a bummer to see a guy go down with injury. Ryan is going to be (already is) a fantastic player, prayers to a quick recovery

Reaction Score
That sucks.

Nembhard is a really fun player to watch and is one of the many underclassmen that are part of my "hate to love" group, AKA players that I find easy to root for and therefore hard to not root for when we play against them:
  • Nembhard
  • Posh Alexander
  • Justin Lewis
  • Dwon Odom
  • Eric Dixon
  • Chuck Harris
  • Arthur Kaluma
  • Dylan Addau-Wusu
  • Colby Jones
I'm sure there are more, just these are ones off the top of my head.

Shereef Mitchel is out for the year too, so Trey Alexander will get most of the minutes at the point while four-star redshirt freshman Rati Andronikasvhili play some point too.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Creighton probably just needs one more win to get in the tournament, hope it is not us.

Reaction Score
And UConn.
Appreciate you calling a spade, a spade.

I'm beating a dead horse here but the "PC is lucky" argument continues to frustrate me. For comparison sake here's a list of players we've avoided due to injuries/covid:
-Adrian Baldwin
-Kyle Lofton
-Darryl Morsell
-Justin Moore
-Nate Johnson
-Posh Alexander

We've had our fair share of injuries to deal with, too. They happen. No one says we are lucky for avoiding this crop of players. Good freaking grief, Providence is 23-3 and now likely to win the BE regular season title. You are what your record says you are. They are a good team that knows how to win in crunch time. You know when that really matters? March. Them being good is great for the conference. I look forward to (hopefully) rematching with them in the BET to avenge our loss and then rooting for them to go far in the NCAA's for the conference's sake.

Reaction Score

I'm beating a dead horse here but the "PC is lucky" argument continues to frustrate me. For comparison sake here's a list of players we've avoided due to injuries/covid:
-Adrian Baldwin
-Kyle Lofton
-Darryl Morsell
-Justin Moore
-Nate Johnson
-Posh Alexander

We've had our fair share of injuries to deal with, too. They happen. No one says we are lucky for avoiding this crop of players. Good freaking grief, Providence is 23-3 and now likely to win the BE regular season title. You are what your record says you are. They are a good team that knows how to win in crunch time. You know when that really matters? March. Them being good is great for the conference. I look forward to (hopefully) rematching with them in the BET to avenge our loss and then rooting for them to go far in the NCAA's for the conference's sake.

It is not debatable whether or not they are “lucky”. There is much more too it than the injuries.

Reaction Score

-Adrian Baldwin
-Kyle Lofton
-Darryl Morsell
-Justin Moore
-Nate Johnson
-Posh Alexander

It's brought up constantly any time someone tries to mention we had a good win. I'm sure within the next few weeks we'll hear the Nova win doesn't look as good because Gillespie sprained his ankle or something. The reality is every team is getting "lucky" with timing of games throughout the year. It all evens out eventually

Reaction Score
Creighton probably just needs one more win to get in the tournament, hope it is not us.
At this point, I’m trying to be optimistic and see it as a win-win. Either we beat Creighton, lock in the BET 3-seed, and stay hot, or they beat us, we fall to the 4, and have PC potentially in the semis for an easier road to the BE final instead of Nova.

Reaction Score

-Adrian Baldwin
-Kyle Lofton
-Darryl Morsell
-Justin Moore
-Nate Johnson
-Posh Alexander

Beat Nova with Justin Moore.
Beat Marquete worse with Morsell.
Beat St. John's with Posh.

Also, played games without Sanago, Martin, Whaley. Any alleged luck we have had has more than evened out.

I hope they lose in round 1 of the tournament and Cooley goes 1-6 in the tournament during his 11 year span of mediocrity in Providence.

Reaction Score
Bad news them and him. He is a real good player and they will be seriously impacted by this loss.

We need to capitalize on their resultant weakness next week.

Reaction Score
Clearly Providence is sending hit men to enfeeble their opponents before playing them.
Patriarca family still putting in work on Atwells Ave.

Reaction Score
Beat Nova with Justin Moore.
Beat Marquete worse with Morsell.
Beat St. John's with Posh.

Also, played games without Sanago, Martin, Whaley. Any alleged luck we have had has more than evened out.

I hope they lose in round 1 of the tournament and Cooley goes 1-6 in the tournament during his 11 year span of mediocrity in Providence.
My point was not that we haven’t beat teams at full strength.

Reaction Score

It is not debatable whether or not they are “lucky”. There is much more too it than the injuries.

I won’t pretend to have any insight into the algorithm behind the luck metric on KenPom as my AP statistics teacher in HS couldn’t have cared less about helping us learn. With that said I’d love to know why them being 11-1 in games decided by 5 points or less makes them lucky. To me that shows poise & composure when it matters most on a consistent basis, not luck.

Reaction Score
Creighton isn’t on the bubble, they’re squarely in. Horrible loss for them, it’s like us losing Cole.
They are in Lunardi's "Last Four Byes" and are an 11 seed per Bracket Matrix. They're definitely in as of today, but that's a bubble team. If they drop the remaining games on their schedule, they'll be in trouble.

Terrible injury either way. Gotta feel for the kid and his teammates after such a surprisingly great season.

Reaction Score
I won’t pretend to have any insight into the algorithm behind the luck metric on KenPom as my AP statistics teacher in HS couldn’t have cared less about helping us learn. With that said I’d love to know why them being 11-1 in games decided by 5 points or less makes them lucky. To me that shows poise & composure when it matters most on a consistent basis, not luck.
It’s not that they’re having close games. It who they’re have close games against. It’s troubling. It’s going to bite them in the arse at some point.

Reaction Score
Poise and composure is obviously a factor, but 11-1 is unheard of and is not even close to sustainable. Based off of their efficiency ratings on both sides of the ball their expected record is much worse than the actual.

Reaction Score
Poise and composure is obviously a factor, but 11-1 is unheard of and is not even close to sustainable. Based off of their efficiency ratings on both sides of the ball their expected record is much worse than the actual.
It’s simple math and probability. It’s not rocket science

Reaction Score
It’s not that they’re having close games. It who they’re have close games against. It’s troubling. It’s going to bite them in the arse at some point.
A bit of recency bias here since they struggled with Depaul and Butler. Besides those two every other game decided by 5 points or less is a top 68 team on KenPom:
Wisconsin 25
Northwestern 68
TT 7
Uconn 18
Seton hall 37
Xavier 35
Marquette 32
St. John’s 66
DePaul 109
Nova 12
Butler 135

Online statistics