Need to play smaller rest of year | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Need to play smaller rest of year

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So many takes. Agree with the notion that Polley isn’t the answer to anything. Bad D, no rebounding, no handle, can’t pass and shooting is just meh.

As for Hawkins in place of Jackson, I get it but teams would press us immeidately and Hawk is a turnover machine. He should be first off the bench and play more.

Hawk for Whaley. So Jackson as a 4? Or Martin? There may be moments to run that lineup. Start of game, no. Just please never Polley as a 4.

I stand by starting Akok for Whaley. Better spacing, good shot blocking, more speed and ball handling. But nobody will agree and Akok getting zero minutes while Johnson played tells me he is done here. Hurley wasted a valuable player, but that’s nothing new.

Whaley is best as a backup 5. I am confused by Hurley’s recruiting. Why is Springs here? Johnson is a future 5, not a 4 in this system. How is Donovan going to see the floor? Amazingly, I thought PF was a depth spot and I now don’t think we have a single 4 on next year‘s roster that Dan will play. DH is not going to play Johnson next to Sanogo, even though he should. Expect him to look at grad transfer small ball 4s.

Reaction Score
I mean Tyrese has shot it at 40% pace but he needs space to get his shot off. RJ has struggled as of late but he’s also the only one who can consistently get to the rim albeit to small to finish often. When you see our slow starts at times and you look at the lineup it’s not scary or hard to guard at all. But I don’t think we have many answers to change that, hence the problem.

Reaction Score
I think today put the start polley debate to rest. He ended up checking in within 3 minutes of the start and brought nothing to the table. It’s mystifying that he struggles so much, he boulder be putting up an air ball off the dribble like he did.
Jackson’s spot could be in some trouble, once he went up and got his shot blocked it was like all the wind got knocked out of his sails right away. I really hope he develops some mental toughness to fight through a poor start and stay confident and aggressive.
Unfortunately, we have a couple of players that revert into a shell if their first action doesn't succeed. Had to love what Nova did to us underneath when they were challenged. They just kept at it until we fouled, or they scored. That kind of determination is money in the bank!

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
@HuskyHawk - I believe Alok was on the injured list for the game (foot). Not sure what’s going on with him overall though.

Ok, what is up with Springs? I think he played a minute the other day and I was like “who dat?”

Johnson struggled a bit, I mean he tripped our own guy pretty much on one play BUT he’s had little play time so not surprised. He did seem to be visibly improving during his floor time so I’d love to get him some more minutes when possible.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom