OT: - Need some good news | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Need some good news

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Ok, here's your laugh for the day. It's all I got.

D21FC91C-FA25-4124-93B8-FCB897D3C34B.jpeg

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Somebody told me after my vascular surgery in May, that I must be a cat, because I seem to have 9 lives.
Unfortunately, by my count, I'm down to my last one.
Enjoyed a great day catching stripers on the river on Thursday. Got home and was busy getting the boat and my gear ready to do it again on Friday and Saturday. Bent over to climb out of the boat and felt a twinge behind my knee. Not really a pain, just 'something'. And I knew that I had to sit down before I fell over. Eventually managed to get out of the boat and put stuff away. Shortly after laying down in bed, my entire leg was in pain. Especially my foot, which was frigid to the touch. Spent most of the night sitting up with my feet on the floor to maintain some gravity driven blood flow. Called vascular doctor in the AM, and was in his office for an ultrasound by 2. Blood clot blocking virtually all of the new, goretex femoral artery he put in my leg in May. In the ER by 3:15. To the OR by 7.
According to the doctor, I was likely within a few hours of gangrene. Don't ever want that again, even if it's only a leg this time.
They cleared the kink that they believe caused the clot, reamed out the replacement femoral artery, ballooned a couple spots of "real" artery in the foot, and I was home by late afternoon yesterday.
Normal protocol would have me on a blood thinner following that clot. But given that my platelet count runs 40 to 50 thou, I'm in a risk would outweigh the reward situation, so we've got nothing going preventative-wise.

So somebody cheer me up and tell me we're really going to have a basketball season this year.
So, tropical storm ETA rolled through my area yesterday afternoon and into last night.

My house was not flooded out.

That is some good news!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom