Need new Netflix tv Shows to watch | The Boneyard

Need new Netflix tv Shows to watch

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
So my gym upgraded their equipment to allow access to online services like WatchESPN, Netflix, and Hulu. I have a Netflix account and just finished Mindhunter.

So I'm in need of recommendations for a new show to watch. I'm not a gory, horror fan but enjoy mystery, action, and definitely historic/semi historic based shows.

Any recommendations?

Reaction Score
I just finished Bodyguard and enjoyed it. If you are familiar with Game of Thrones, the star of Bodyguard is the actor who played Robb Snow. It's six episodes long and keeps up the suspense and mystery.

For historical fiction, try The Last Kingdom about the Saxon-Dane wars around the time of Alfred the Great.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I just finished Bodyguard and enjoyed it. If you are familiar with Game of Thrones, the star of Bodyguard is the actor who played Robb Snow. It's six episodes long and keeps up the suspense and mystery.

For historical fiction, try The Last Kingdom about the Saxon-Dane wars around the time of Alfred the Great.
Thanks. I am familiar with Game of Thrones so I know the actor you're referring to.

I have heard good things about The Lost Kingdom. Will definitely check that out.

Thanks for the advice!

Reaction Score
Watching last kingdom now, its good, definitely no game of thrones but a good substitute until the final season.

Godless is a good one too if you like westerns.

Reaction Score
just binged Bodyguard and really liked it. High quality UK police show that kept you guessing throughout. As long as you can tolerate Rob Stark's scottish accent that is. Keeley Hawes is the best.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
F all that crap.

Get some burn notice dvds.

Thank me later.

Reaction Score
Did you try Glitch? Two 6 episode seasons on Netflix with a 3rd season currently filming.

Wife and I both liked it.

Reaction Score
If you can understand the quite thick British accents, Happy Valley is outstanding. Liked the first season very much - and if you've seen Grantchester, it'll be hard to believe the villain.

Reaction Score
Mindhunter had a really good 1st season (there's supposed to be a 2nd). Narcos was great & Narcos Mexico has been great so far. Stranger Things (only saw season 1 so far) was very suspenseful, Schitts Creek is very amusing).

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
New to Netflix. Looking into more good shows myself. Wife started Orange/Black. We loved Breaking Bad. Surprised no Sopranos, which I missed back years ago. Seen Dexter & love Homeland on Showtime.
Heard good stuff about Ozark? Any other good comedy or dramas?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Mindhunter is actually exactly what I would have recommended based on your likes.

Similar to mindhunter is Manhunt:Unibomber which is a narrative recount of the FBI pursuing Ted Kazinsky. The fact that is :Unibomber leads me to believe there will be more seasons.

I just started watching You which is a little bit “soapy” or whatever but 3 episodes in its very suspenseful. It reminds me of Dexter a lot but the lead is doing everything for a girl so he’s the anti-Dexter in that way.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Mindhunter is actually exactly what I would have recommended based on your likes.

Similar to mindhunter is Manhunt:Unibomber which is a narrative recount of the FBI pursuing Ted Kazinsky. The fact that is :Unibomber leads me to believe there will be more seasons.

I just started watching You which is a little bit “soapy” or whatever but 3 episodes in its very suspenseful. It reminds me of Dexter a lot but the lead is doing everything for a girl so he’s the anti-Dexter in that way.

I also just started watching "You" and am about where you are. I started watching because reviews seemed to be good, but the 1st episode was quite creepy with all that stalking !

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I’ve only seen season one, but really digging “the blacklist”

Reaction Score
Check out the sitcom "I'm Sorry". Has some of the guys from "The League" in it.

It looks innocent on the cover, but has some seriously raunchy and hilarious plot lines/moments. Like "asscubes" for instance. Season 1 on Netflix, Season 2 now 2 episodes in on TruTV.

Reaction Score
My wife has been watching Schitt's Creek. From what I've seen it is pretty funny. May go back and watch from the beginning.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
We watched the Kominsky Method because it won a golden globe. It was good with a Curb Your Enthusiasm type vibe......

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom