Need Carlton on floor | The Boneyard

Need Carlton on floor

Reaction Score
For the vast majority of the game Carlton looked like he took a step back. It wasn't like a few weeks ago when he had a half where
shots just weren't dropping. It seemed his head wasn't in the game. I don't understand how a guy can step out of bounds like he did and he had some other questionable moments.
That said, his last few minutes were huge. He played very good D without fouling the final stretch of the game. I loved Whaley today, but nobody wants to count on a repeat performance against Houston tomorrow. Carlton needs to be focused and stay on the court tomorrow.

Kauffmak10

BleedBlue
Reaction Score
He gets a bad game once in awhile, especially when getting no slack from crappy refs.

Exactly.. he’s still growing as a player and with that comes some inconsistency.. love the steps forward I’ve seen from him this year with more growth to come as he gets more and more experience!

Reaction Score
Love Josh but didn't Whaley play a hell of a game? I.W needs to be in games like today for his defense and rebounding. He was an intimidating presence.
Defense,rebounding and free throws are important for UC going forward. GO HUSKIES!

Reaction Score
Carlton has a chance to redeem himself today. He should come out of the locker room with the UConn swagger. As for Whaley, if he gives anything close to his performance yesterday, I like our chances.

Reaction Score
Give him the first couple possessions. Set plays to get him good position on the block and make some moves. Early confidence for him is our friend!

Reaction Score
Love Josh but didn't Whaley play a hell of a game? I.W needs to be in games like today for his defense and rebounding. He was an intimidating presence.
Defense,rebounding and free throws are important for UC going forward. GO HUSKIES!
As long as he doesn't have to play post defense he is fine. He gets manhandled when he tries to do it and has stupid fouls. IW needs to beef up in a bad way to play more than 11 minutes a game.

Reaction Score
As far as Carlton he barely got any shot attempts. The guards felt they had a lot of open shots from the outside and were finding each other. They were hot. Unfortunately in the second half when the game got tighter they still weren't looking for JC inside. They have to run some of the offense through him. He is too good to waste his offensive talent.

Reaction Score
Played 16 minutes with 6 boards and 4 blocks. Only one FG attempt. The trey's were droppin and that set the pace. Not a terrible game IMO.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Coach Hurley on with crispino right now saying that Josh is fatigued from all the minutes he has played. Ugh.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Coach Hurley on with crispino right now saying that Josh is fatigued from all the minutes he has played. Ugh.
You know that was a joke, right?

Reaction Score
Played 16 minutes with 6 boards and 4 blocks. Only one FG attempt. The trey's were droppin and that set the pace. Not a terrible game IMO.

And the stripes made a couple of really questionable calls to get him in foul trouble. Thats mostly why the minutes were down but well said on the 3's, 9 for first 11 why throw it down to him as much as normal. Still need to score it down there or throw it there so they don't just sit on the three point line defensively but still, they made everything they looked at. May have to do it again in 10 minutes LOL

Reaction Score
As far as Carlton he barely got any shot attempts. The guards felt they had a lot of open shots from the outside and were finding each other. They were hot. Unfortunately in the second half when the game got tighter they still weren't looking for JC inside. They have to run some of the offense through him. He is too good to waste his offensive talent.
Yes. The offense barely looked for him when he was in the game. I'm concerned that they can forget that they can and need to go inside. I love seeing the guards light it up. And I was hopeful that they would come out and pound it in to Josh in the 2nd half. But they still didn't really look to him. I hope he gets involved today.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Cobb deserved those minutes earlier in the year. Whaley may deserve them now. Neither of those statements are in conflict with one another.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom