Need a Split Next Week | The Boneyard

Need a Split Next Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maybe the most important week of the season coming up.

I know a lot of people have talked about it already on the board, but we need a split. Of course we would take 2 wins, but at least a split gets us to 2-3 in the league, and the schedule gets favorable for a couple of weeks. Lose both and were are 1-4 and in quite a hole in terms of the the conference standings. Win both and we are 3-2, the Texas trip doesn't sting so bad anymore, and we are off to the races.

Early observations on Memphis/Louisville. Memphis is a very streaky team when I have watched them. They have 4 very good senior guards, but they do turnover it over a lot, and I have seen them struggle from the 3 point line in a lot of games. Their front court has really improved since the beginning of the year, and Shaq Goodwin has been playing like a beast lately. He will be a very tough matchup. Will be interesting to see if we can go small in this game to match their guard play. Maybe play Napier, Boat, Kromah and Giffey along with Bridma/Nolan. Memphis will be fired up since they were blown out last time at home by Cincy.

As people have seen, Louisville has struggled against good teams this year. They still scare me. Russ Smith can go off for 30 any game. But he can also shoot you out of a game. Their front court is no longer a strength for them, so I think we matchup well against them. And its gameday at Storrs so Gampel will be rocking.

If we can find a way to steal the game Thursday night, we will have a ton of momentum for Saturday night. If we lose Thursday, I worry we play tight on Saturday.

Reaction Score
Smith is trying to make the NBA, and it's causing all sorts of problems for Louisville. This is going to sound harsh but in the future, when you see a tweener senior coming back off a national champion that loses 2 or 3 of its key players, you might want to see that kid leave as well so you start from scratch. Smith was going to be an oddball this year.

Reaction Score
00999-broom-dustpan-sweep.jpg

Reaction Score
I agree with everything you say. Steal a win Thursday or play them real real good and we'll be okay. If they have their way our guys could feel the next one to be a must and take the fun out.

No matter I'm all good with a split no matter how it turns out….2 very good teams and a real test of a week!

Edge2017

Bleed Blue
Reaction Score
Big week coming off a good performance, we win both.

Reaction Score
Statement wins, our bigs look motivated. Hopefully we spend next week looking like the team we have the potential to be.

I'm happy to be making a trip home next weekend for Gampel. LEGGO!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I want this team to play like they did against UCF with slight improvement in shooting percentage. Then things will take care of themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom