Need a clutch shot...who you got? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Need a clutch shot...who you got?

Reaction Score
A slight transgression here but someone was asking me about this year's team compared to the great teams of the past. What was the most critical difference? INMO, it is a go to guy like Kemba, Shabazz, Rip or Allen. I don't trust anyone on this team to take the last shot.

zepfan

I'll make it.
Reaction Score
OT "If I had to choose a person to take a shot to win the game, it would be Michael Jordan. If I had to choose a person to take a shot to save my life... it be Larry Bird." Pat Riley. (Sorry, had to put that in there... best quote ever about clutch shooting).

Reaction Score
Bazz
Kemba
Rip
Ben
Ray

I think Rip is underrated in this situation. Ice water.

Ray was more clutch in the NBA, but as a college player he wasn’t as commanding of the game as Bazz, Kemba and Rip. He was great, but he didn’t own the court.

Ben was money. Could do it all on offense and hit huge shots at MSG.

Bazz and Kemba are pretty much dead even but I’m going with Bazz because he was the better shooter at UConn. I can’t argue if you go with Kemba though.

Reaction Score
KEMBA period, finito, end of story, game over man.

My god, what more can you do in 11 games.

Reaction Score
Phil Gamble ( NIT MVP)
Ben Gordon
Ray Allen
Caron Butler
Rip Hamilton
Khalid
Williams
Price
Kemba
Shabazz/RB/DD
Even
JA
All have made clutch shots in important games.
I suspect the best pure shooter on this team is Polley ,Followed by Gilbert , Vital and Adams but I can’t recall where anyone present now except freshman Adams have ever been in a meaningful game that came down to one shot. We will see what happens maybe Nova will reveal that guy.
How could you leave out Tate?

Reaction Score
I’d take Kemba, then Bazz, but Khalid seemed to always find a way. He wasn’t the best shooter, and it wasn’t always pretty, but he could find a way to score.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I’d take Kemba, then Bazz, but Khalid seemed to always find a way. He wasn’t the best shooter, and it wasn’t always pretty, but he could find a way to score.

Every time I see that replay, I swear that on the Vontego play, the ball came back to him from the front court before his foot came down in the front court, which is a back court violation.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Been thinking this over with a buddy. You need a UConn guy to make one clutch shot for you....just one. Everything on the line. Who you taking? And you can't say Olander, cause that just would't be fair. I'm going with goat...Rashad Anderson.
Onions def not getting enough respect in this thread OP. KEA is my all-time fave; Kemba will never be topped; but when I saw the thread title this morning the first name that came to my mind was Rashad.

His clutchness in that 2004 semi against Duke is indelibly etched in my heart, which I genuinely thought was failing as I stood in the stands in San Antonio while he rescued us. By the time he was at the free throw line—after sinking two clutch threes in the final moments—there was no one on the planet I would have rather had taking those shots. I’ve watched the video dozens of times since and it always confirms the confidence I felt that day. He was so relaxed and dialed in at the same time there was no doubt whatsoever.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Can’t believe nobody’s mentioned Antric Klaiber yet.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Kemba Walker. Easily.

Reaction Score
I have been an avid fan since 85 and my order is as follows:

1. Kemba
2/3. Bazz / Gordon ( to close to call)
4. RIP
5. Ray
6. Rasheed
7/8. John Gwynn / Chris Smith
9. Caron
10. Kahlid

My all Heart / Dirty Work Team

1. Gavin Edwards
2. Omeka
3. Kevin Freeman (Warrior)
4. Kirk King
5. Jeff Adrien
6. Niles
7. Donny Marshall
8. Jerome Dyson
9. Tony Robertson
10. Ricky Moore

Favorite to watch when all cylinders clicking

1. Stanley Robinson..... should have been so much more

Reaction Score
Onions def not getting enough respect in this thread OP. KEA is my all-time fave; Kemba will never be topped; but when I saw the thread title this morning the first name that came to my mind was Rashad.

His clutchness in that 2004 semi against Duke is indelibly etched in my heart, which I genuinely thought was failing as I stood in the stands in San Antonio while he rescued us. By the time he was at the free throw line—after sinking two clutch threes in the final moments—there was no one on the planet I would have rather had taking those shots. I’ve watched the video dozens of times since and it always confirms the confidence I felt that day. He was so relaxed and dialed in at the same time there was no doubt whatsoever.
Right?? I would've thought Rashad would get more love for this one! Ice in his veins

Reaction Score
Ray Allen...seems like the 90's have been forgotten.
Watch him vs Georgetown...nuff said

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom