Need a basketball fix? KK Arnold and Ashlynn Shade on NBA TV at 7:30 pm ET | The Boneyard

Need a basketball fix? KK Arnold and Ashlynn Shade on NBA TV at 7:30 pm ET

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Heck of a roster for the girls team. Nike Hoop Summit

USA Basketball announced today that the Nike Hoop Summit, featuring a women’s and men’s double-header, will air live from Portland’s Moda Center on Saturday, April 8 at 7:30 p.m. ET on NBA TV. The inaugural women’s game will tip off at 7:30 p.m. ET followed by the men’s game at 10 p.m. ET. Additionally, the games will stream live on the NBA App.

Reaction Score
Heck of a roster for the girls team. Nike Hoop Summit

USA Basketball announced today that the Nike Hoop Summit, featuring a women’s and men’s double-header, will air live from Portland’s Moda Center on Saturday, April 8 at 7:30 p.m. ET on NBA TV. The inaugural women’s game will tip off at 7:30 p.m. ET followed by the men’s game at 10 p.m. ET. Additionally, the games will stream live on the NBA App.

Good reminder. In addition to the obvious interest in our two newcomers, there was some speculation regarding an interesting prospect on the world team from Kenya named Okot. She is 6-5 and it might be interesting to see how she looks against top US competition.

Reaction Score
Ummm Fournier is REALLY good.imagine if she works on her shot. I wasn’t at all impressed hearing about her and seeing her videos. Now watching her against KK and Shade and the other girls on team USA, she is really good. Plays a little fast and out of control but once she slows down and is coached by Geno hopefully, watch out. She has a motor and plays hard. She is Stewie without the jump shot. I’m really impressed with her desire to win and she is one of th youngest on the court. If we get her, look out. She needs to be refined and will be kinda a project but she has a will to win and a crazy motor and crazy athleticism. I like her a lot. These all stars from the USA are having a hard time handling her.

Reaction Score
Toby plays Crestwood, as well for Kia Nurse’s AAU team. Aaliyah played for the same two teams as well. I say it’s all aligning for UConn :):D
Could be. I'm pretty sure her rebounding and defense will be very good, and she has good mobility and handles the ball well. Even if not a great shooter with her physical tools and handle I think she will score at a decent level. Her ESPN rating doesn't mean much because they usually don't rate foreign players that they don't see much very highly if they rate them at all. Aaliyah was in a similar range for example.

Seems like she, Strong and Carlton are the PF targets for 2024. I would be happy with any of the three but hope we get at least one of them.

Reaction Score
Really good women's game and talent. I like Toby Fournier and don't know why we aren't recruiting her hard. I can tell you if the world team had Dominique Malonga then the game would have been a lot closer. We really should be recruiting her now and hard. She is a phenom and superstar.

Reaction Score
Fournier is also I believe has a. Small forward body but plays like a 4. That’s a problem because she is soooooo skinny. And KK needs to make better decisions. I believe she doesn’t value her possessions like she should. I’m not worried because Geno will make sure that changes. She is really good just also needs a bit of refining. I like Shade because I think she is already at the point where she doesn’t try anything that she is not good at so she always looks like she is making the right decisions or scoring.

Reaction Score
Based on what I see in the Hoop Summit game LSU is going to be a beast next year, They will supplant SC next year as the powerhouse in the SEC and basketball. Mikaylah Williams and Del Rosario will be starters next year.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Really good women's game and talent. I like Toby Fournier and don't know why we aren't recruiting her hard. I can tell you if the world team had Dominique Malonga then the game would have been a lot closer. We really should be recruiting her now and hard. She is a phenom and superstar.
UConn is recruiting Toby. Read the recruiting thread for more info

Reaction Score
UConn is recruiting Toby. Read the recruiting thread for more info
Thanks. We only have 2 open scholarships avail so I think thats why Morgan Cheli committed when she did and didn't want to not have a seat at the table. We still need a big and wings as well. It will be interesting on who the next commit will be or who we pick up in the transfer portal.

Reaction Score
I thought Okot showed enough to remain intriguing as a possible prospect as well. She wasn't involved in the offense but rebounded very well and looked decent against Del Rosario. I haven't heard much new on her situation lately regarding eligibility or interest in coming to a US college, after a report she might have already found a US school.

Reaction Score
Pretty entertaining game. Some great talent on display and they will only get better at their next stop. For the World, Swain, Fournier, and a few other players, wherever program they end up, that program is getting some great talent.

Reaction Score

I think in these types of games (all-star type games), Ashlynn and many players, just can read the room and understand and see the bigger picture. Her time will come.

Reaction Score
Pretty entertaining game. Some great talent on display and they will only get better at their next stop. For the World, Swain, Fournier, and a few other players, wherever program they end up, that program is getting some great talent.

Isn't Swain a WNBA draft prospect? Thought that's what I heard from the announcers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom