Need 2 more guards | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Need 2 more guards

Reaction Score
Anyone want to speculate? As I said last week, to my knowledge I was told Jalen was coming back. That being said, I don't know if that was at a point where Jalen knew of this mass exodus or not so yea...
It's an April fools joke.

Reaction Score
He must be a pretty good floor general because his teams always win but I've never been too impressed with what I've seen. He's not a great athlete, has no jumper, has no left and needs to put on weight. He might turn out to be great but he certainly doesn't jump out as a special talent. And no this isn't sour grapes, never been high on him off of what I've seen.

That's my feeling on him too. Obviously a winner but he doesn't strike me as irreplaceable in any respect.

Reaction Score
That's my feeling on him too. Obviously a winner but he doesn't strike me as irreplaceable in any respect.
Agreed. His biggest draw to me is that he was the intangible winner.

But I know @Ricker and I have seen him play several times, and he's not the take over scorer that even Jalen or Mitchell could be at times. As you said, he's not irreplaceable.

The problem is that we have many players to replace now and only so many players available for 2017, each having some competition.

Diarra could be a solid start, but it's a stressful position to be in I'm sure.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We need to land another point guard in 2017 for certain.

Losing MAL hurts - a lot. A friend of mine who played college ball and who currently has a son playing ball in NEPSAC loves MAL's game

We saw what kind of impact lost recruiting years can have down the road for a program. This past year sucked in large part because a few recruiting classes were just botched.

Now this one is currently screwed and that will kill us in two years time. Again. And unfortunately, we've been losing ground pretty steadily with our 2018 kids as well.

Chillious and Ollie have their work cut out - they need to salvage 2017 while also making up ground in 2018.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I mean I see the excuse spin, and dont overall disagree that there is other crap at play here, but Jalen Adams and Alterique Gilbert is a pretty formidable duo. There are not many teams in the country that have two players together that good.
Yes, and add Vital to that.

C

Chief00

This was a failure at all levels. Again, I know many want to talk basketball but there's some real execution issues here. We have a guy (Miller) who is getting some termination payout and will receive a State of CT Pension basically forever. Yet, the firing (justified in my view) was carried out in such a sloppy and unprofessional fashion a whole chain of unnecessary events followed.
From KO's mouthpiece Oz announcing it for clicks before the agreed upon time and short circuit Miller's ability to get a job at the F4 without a whisper campaign about KO. Oz calling Miller lazy was wrong, especially just after KO fired him. Given the messy nature of this breakup - there was no early meeting with Miller - setting the rules of this breakup including a smooth handoff of recruits and current players he positioned coached. Where was the the implementation of EE Handbook rules the normal employee is given when they leave their job - where they can't sabotage the organization, etc?

Oz asking an Internet Forum for a list of recruits (that Miller was suppose to maintain) is further indication of what a cluster F this all turned into.

This turned into an angry, petty and dysfunctional breakup at the employee /management level and we have not even gotten into player buyin and how fun Storrs is now post Bunkey.

Reaction Score
He must be a pretty good floor general because his teams always win but I've never been too impressed with what I've seen. He's not a great athlete, has no jumper, has no left and needs to put on weight. He might turn out to be great but he certainly doesn't jump out as a special talent. And no this isn't sour grapes, never been high on him off of what I've seen.
I had same impression. He won did some good small things like defense and rebounding for a guard but when I have seen him he was very underwhelming. Reminds me of Quentin snider on Louisville. Nice player you can win with but not a player you win because of.

Reaction Score

Not too long ago watched blake harris highlights. .like him better..

Reaction Score
We need to land another point guard in 2017 for certain.

We saw what kind of impact lost recruiting years can have down the road for a program. This past year sucked in large part because a few recruiting classes were just botched.

I think a 2 guard would be more important with Gilbert classifying down to being a freshman this year.

Reaction Score
Losing MAL is a huge blow, kid is going to be special....

This program has now gotten knock to the mat....

Last time this happen Kevin Ollie was able to get this program off the mat and fight back, I am hoping the same results happened in the very near future, really upset about losing MAL, that should never happen, I get the other 2.

I saw him play twice and a couple of times on tv.....Didnt think he was elite at all. Some of you are right...just a winner. Someone to put in when Ollie is pissed about not running our offense. He will, solid 4 year guard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom