ND owns UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ND owns UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakibomb25

Yamasaki Let the Good Times Roll
Reaction Score
And I acknowledge that. Any loss is tough, especially when the stakes are high (Don't remind me about the times UConn has knocked out Stanford of the NCAA tournament... those were rough losses).

I am not disputing that losses are tough - I am just disputing the notion that Notre Dame owns UConn right now. I just don't buy it. To me, when a team owns another team, the result is never in doubt. If UConn were to play Notre Dame again, I don't think you can say with certainty that Notre Dame will come out with a win. You just can't, given how close EVERY game has been.

You want to talk about owning? UConn owns Duke. UConn owns Rutgers. If those teams were to play, it's with certainity that UConn would win 100 percent of the time. That isn't the case with Notre Dame. Of course, it could just be all semantics. Some people look at the win streak and say that because Notre Dame has won three in a row this year, the Fighting Irish own the Huskies. I think you have to dig a bit deeper to actually see what is going on and that's all that I'm saying.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Has Notre Dame beaten UConn three times this year? Yes. Does it mean the Fighting Irish "own" the Huskies?

Once is an occurrence, twice is a coincidence but three times is a trend. And 7 of 8? That's practically a natural law. :|

Reaction Score
Hey Fiftyish...the Irish have taken 7 of 8 from UConn. The pwnership goes back farther than this season.

It comes down to the best players and they were on Notre Dame. Diggy and McBride trump any of the softys we got. Love our guys but when UConn continuously says its about winning it all then they and the fans should be able to take all criticism.

Bria and Stef are under a lot of pressure...they have two more chances but could be the first 4-year players to not win a Title in, like, forever. Since Amy Duran, I think.

I'll be rooting hard for these guys.
Not quite true. The refs have been terrible for most games. A call or 2 either way can decide the games. Here are things still fresh in my mind: there were 2 scrums under the basket where it seemed like Lewis (?) (same ref both times) waited for a leg to touch the end line before calling out of bounds, not jump ball. Both times she ruled a UConn player had touched the end line. The calls should have been made at least 2 seconds earlier in each case, when no one was near the lines. Third instance, and ESPN (as usual) never shows controversial calls, but I didn't see any evidence to change Stewart's 3-pt shot to a 2-pt shot. The ref in position next to her signaled a 3. We didn't see any video evidence to refute the call on the court. Imagine if we were up 1 with the ball and 18 seconds left.

Reaction Score
I love how all of a sudden the NDvsUCONN match up only started counting 2 years ago. Our record against them in like 18-11. Yea they've beaten us the past couple of years but by no certain means they've owned us in the match up in the Big East Conference
Actually it is 28-10. Even worse than you thought.

Reaction Score
Actually it is 28-10. Even worse than you thought.

That's even better but according to some were 1-7 against ND since it started getting "competitive". I love the "the sky is falling, the sky is falling" approach (sarcasm on)

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
Not quite true. The refs have been terrible for most games. A call or 2 either way can decide the games. Here are things still fresh in my mind: there were 2 scrums under the basket where it seemed like Lewis (?) (same ref both times) waited for a leg to touch the end line before calling out of bounds, not jump ball. Both times she ruled a UConn player had touched the end line. The calls should have been made at least 2 seconds earlier in each case, when no one was near the lines. Third instance, and ESPN (as usual) never shows controversial calls, but I didn't see any evidence to change Stewart's 3-pt shot to a 2-pt shot. The ref in position next to her signaled a 3. We didn't see any video evidence to refute the call on the court. Imagine if we were up 1 with the ball and 18 seconds left.

They did show a replay that showed Breanna's foot quite clearly on the line - a 2 pointer for sure -only one angle showed it.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
That's even better but according to some were 1-7 against ND since it started getting "competitive". I love the "the sky is falling, the sky is falling" approach (sarcasm on)
Yeah, that's the record from a very specific starting point with a very starting point. It is like a team going on a 10 points run when trailing by 30. They still end up down 20 and there are good reasons to expect the momentum can shift very quickly back the other direction.

Reaction Score
They did show a replay that showed Breanna's foot quite clearly on the line - a 2 pointer for sure -only one angle showed it.
It was inconclusive to me, and I don't remember any announcer validating the call or not. For sure it was close though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom