ND-MD Game thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

ND-MD Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Not at all surprised. ND is well coached, Achonwa is a key player for them but they have a system, so it's not equivalent to MD losing Thomas, for example. This ND team still scares me, especially with Loyd and McBride playing the way they are.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Maryland looks overwhelmed by the moment, looking stuck to the floor and slow which is often a sign of feeling the pressure. It's a team with a lot less talent than ND and a lot less experience winning big games and it's showing.

When you're getting killed at what is your strength and advantage -- rebounding -- it's going to be a long night.

Reaction Score
this first half is ridiculous...the Irish are on their flopping dirty skills... even they are open when someone is closeby they end up on the floor... what kind of coaching is that. UCONN dont do that that tricks...just play plain basketball...just simple .

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I wish they had been given more of a fight from MD.

Shows how weak that Louisville region was. At least Baylor hung close until the last five minutes or so.

Reaction Score
Not at all surprised. ND is well coached, Achonwa is a key player for them but they have a system, so it's not equivalent to MD losing Thomas, for example. This ND team still scares me, especially with Loyd and McBride playing the way they are.

Not sure why anyone would be scared facing an undefeated team. It's not like it should be a surprise they are good and hard to beat.

HuskyJohn

Popular poster
Reaction Score
Notre Dame winning big with points on the inside. MD leads in 3s: 2 to 1

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
One of these teams is good. The other plays no defense.

McBride is the best player on the floor.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
yes, Natalie A is a vital part of Notre Dame's team

But it's not going to grind to a halt without her. The announcer said imagine if she was there how bad it would be. I think it would be very much the same actually. Maybe a few points more but when McBride is hitting like this forget it....

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Even without Achonwa, ND-UConn is going to be a really, really good game.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Terps had me fooled again. I bought into their strong run in the tourney thus far and thought maybe that was the real MD. Nope, the real MD is a poorly coached choker. Doesn't look as though they even had a game plan. Muffet packs it in the lane to compensate for NA's absence, doubles AT and MD makes no adjustments, like setting better screens and taking some mid-range shots to force defenders out a bit, or driving to the hoop to initiate contact and get to the foul line. Mincy is the only Terp willing or able to shoot from the outside and she's cold.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Let's see if Frese makes any adjustments at halftime....

(pause for laughter...)

Yes, Maybe she'll pick a different pep talk :p

That's the only adjusting she can do.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Notre Dame had four chances at its first 2 points of the game and that has been the way it has gone ... no surprises just plain old wanting it more

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Can we please win the Stanford game first? UConn maybe watching the National Championship on TV, you never know.
Contrary to popular belief, I don't think that anything we say on this board contributes in any way to the outcome of the games. But yes, Stanford will be a tough out.

Reaction Score
Not that this is a surprise{I predicted ND to win easily by double digits} but I thought Maryland was better than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom