ND has a big Problem Tonite | The Boneyard

ND has a big Problem Tonite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Our inside game. Braker and Reimer get in foul trouble alot. Who's left. If ND sends their guards to the rim UConn has its fast break. If they dont then UConn gets alot of extra shots. ND stopped MD by stopping Thomas. They cant do that against UConn because of their 5 scorers, but UConn can pressure McBride and Loyd and still keep their Stef underneath. I really dont think this will be close. It will be interesting to see how Muffit makes adjustments. In the MD game ND looked great. MD didnt rebound, didnt get back on fast breaks and just overall didnt play well. That wont happen against UConn. To win number 9 in Tenn is great. To do it against ND is even better and to do it with the men already winning is off the charts terrific. Aja are you watching

Reaction Score
ND stopped Maryland by outrebounding them 50-21. Loyd and McBride are the best pair of wings in the country and will be very hard to keep each under 15pts. If UConn is able to shut down the others{Reimer, Braker, Allen, Wright, Mabrey, etc} and consistently knock down open jumpers on the offensive end they should be alright though. I still think this game is going to be a close game throughout. One thing that really worries me is the officiating. I have seen it too many times where the officials try to make themselves a bigger part of the game than the players.

Last edited:

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
ND stopped Maryland by outrebounding them 50-21. Loyd and McBride are the best frontcourt in the country and will be very hard to keep each under 15pts. If UConn is able to shut down the others{Reimer, Braker, Allen, Wright, Mabrey, etc} and consistently knock down open jumpers on the offensive end they should be alright. I still think this game is going to be a close game throughout. One thing that really worries me is the officiating. I have seen it too many times where the officials try to make themselves a bigger part of the game than the players.

Loyd and McBride are the best frontcourt in the country ??? Sure you don't have them mixed up with Tennessee ?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Loyd and McBride are not the frontcourt. Loyd and Allen are the ND backcourt. McBride is the third guard or wing.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
Loyd and McBride are not the frontcourt. Loyd and Allen are the ND backcourt. McBride is the third guard or wing.

Don't know how to do emoticons, Icebear, even the sarcasm ones. I would also argue that Loyd and McBride are not the best backcourt in the country.

The Kentucky "best in the country backcourt" babble by CBS last night really pulled it through for Calipari last night, didn't it ??

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Sawx was the one who called them the frontcourt.

Last edited:

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
Saux was the one who called them the frontcourt.

LOL, I know. You answered nicely, but I couldn't resist being snarky with Sawx

Reaction Score
Don't know how to do emoticons, Icebear, even the sarcasm ones. I would also argue that Loyd and McBride are not the best backcourt in the country.

The Kentucky "best in the country backcourt" babble by CBS last night really pulled it through for Calipari last night, didn't it ??

Ok I'll bite. Name a better backcourt then McBride and Loyd.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Jefferson and Hartley are better than Loyd and Allen. Stewie is better than McBride and has the awards to prove it.

Reaction Score
Our inside game. Braker and Reimer get in foul trouble alot. Who's left. If ND sends their guards to the rim UConn has its fast break. If they dont then UConn gets alot of extra shots. ND stopped MD by stopping Thomas. They cant do that against UConn because of their 5 scorers, but UConn can pressure McBride and Loyd and still keep their Stef underneath. I really dont think this will be close. It will be interesting to see how Muffit makes adjustments. In the MD game ND looked great. MD didnt rebound, didnt get back on fast breaks and just overall didnt play well. That wont happen against UConn. To win number 9 in Tenn is great. To do it against ND is even better and to do it with the men already winning is off the charts terrific. Aja are you watching

Seems like that's what they were saying about the Uconn men team vs UK before last night game, regarding UK size advantage.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Loyd and McBride are the best frontcourt in the country ??? Sure you don't have them mixed up with Tennessee ?
They said backcourt not front court in post?

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
ND stopped Maryland by outrebounding them 50-21. Loyd and McBride are the best backcourt in the country and will be very hard to keep each under 15pts. If UConn is able to shut down the others{Reimer, Braker, Allen, Wright, Mabrey, etc} and consistently knock down open jumpers on the offensive end they should be alright though. I still think this game is going to be a close game throughout. One thing that really worries me is the officiating. I have seen it too many times where the officials try to make themselves a bigger part of the game than the players.

McBride is a wing...learn before you post.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Seems like that's what they were saying about the Uconn men team vs UK before last night game, regarding UK size advantage.
The difference in the mens game was UK didnt have ballhandlers and couldnt make a foul shot. ND imo has no chance tonite. IMO to many people are living in the past when ND won 7 games vs UConn. That was a different ND team. UConn had injuries KML Bria.... We are healthy and playing with 5 AAs and the POY. ND doesnt have enough this time around. I find it hard for ND to make it a game.

One poster mentioned MD was out rebounded. MD played a terrible game. No rebounding no fast break defense no shooting just standing around watching ND. This is UConn. UConn has won 7 of the last 15 NCs. This is a healthy experienced UConn team. If Achonwa was healthy ND might have a chance to keep it close. Tonite UConn will shine.

Reaction Score
The difference in the mens game was UK didnt have ballhandlers and couldnt make a foul shot. ND imo has no chance tonite. IMO to many people are living in the past when ND won 7 games vs UConn. That was a different ND team. UConn had injuries KML Bria.... We are healthy and playing with 5 AAs and the POY. ND doesnt have enough this time around. I find it hard for ND to make it a game.

One poster mentioned MD was out rebounded. MD played a terrible game. No rebounding no fast break defense no shooting just standing around watching ND. This is UConn. UConn has won 7 of the last 15 NCs. This is a healthy experienced UConn team. If Achonwa was healthy ND might have a chance to keep it close. Tonite UConn will shine.

I hope UConn win because I love to see history being made, but like Geno said, all the teams you are playing at this
time of the year are very good team. If UConn executes the way UConn can, ND has little chance, but ....

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I hope UConn win because I love to see history being made, but like Geno said, all the teams you are playing at this
time of the year are very good team. If UConn executes the way UConn can, ND has little chance, but ....
But anything can happen, I get it.

Reaction Score
Louisville was a very good team last year, so....

Reaction Score
McBride is a wing...learn before you post.

First off I edited my post and didn't proof read what I typed SORRY. Second I have forgotten more about this sport then you will ever know!!! Don't throw stones when you live in a glass house.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
First off I edited my post and didn't proof read what I typed SORRY. Second I have forgotten more about this sport then you will ever know!!! Don't throw stones when you live in a glass house.

I am not particularly smart, so to be more informed is a lesser victory at best.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Ok I'll bite. Name a better backcourt then McBride and Loyd.
You didn't edit this one. You said frontcourt in your first post and backcourt in this one.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
ND stopped Maryland by outrebounding them 50-21. Loyd and McBride are the best pair of wings in the country and will be very hard to keep each under 15pts. If UConn is able to shut down the others{Reimer, Braker, Allen, Wright, Mabrey, etc} and consistently knock down open jumpers on the offensive end they should be alright though. I still think this game is going to be a close game throughout. One thing that really worries me is the officiating. I have seen it too many times where the officials try to make themselves a bigger part of the game than the players.
How do you define wings?

If Loyd (who is mostly a shooting guard) is a wing and McBride (who plays point guard when Allen sits) is a wing then I propose that these are the two players to compare with them not Hartley and Jefferson.

KML is Uconn's starting 3. When Stokes come in and Uconn goes big, Stewart is the wing.

So, in my opinion, KML and Stewart are every bit as good as Loyd and McBride. Probably better.

Reaction Score
How do you define wings?

If Loyd (who is mostly a shooting guard) is a wing and McBride (who plays point guard when Allen sits) is a wing then I propose that these are the two players to compare with them not Hartley and Jefferson.

KML is Uconn's starting 3. When Stokes come in and Uconn goes big, Stewart is the wing.

So, in my opinion, KML and Stewart are every bit as good as Loyd and McBride. Probably better.

You can define it any which way makes you happy.

Reaction Score

This is why I love to read this board. You can learn so much when EVERYONE is an expert. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom