ND awful again, UCF is a better team | The Boneyard

ND awful again, UCF is a better team

Reaction Score
Put Norte Dame in the layoff and they prove they don't belong. But they still get the money and they have made a bundle when they should have gotten none.

UCF certainly would have shown better even with a back up QB,

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Agree with @minidarren that UCF was behind UGA and OSU, but yes compare their results against Pitt.

Pitt @ ND L 14-19
Pitt @ UCF 14-45

College football has become a joke because nobody plays anybody out of conference anymore. It’s entirely possible that UGA is the second best team, I suspect that they are.

Reaction Score
So much for the ND "mystique", yet still they will be contiually voted as a top team, when, at best, they middling so called powerhouse. Clemson set everyone straight, with their pasting of the Irish. The power of college football resides in the SOUTH. Any more questions.

Reaction Score
College football's HoF WAS moved from South Bend to Atlanta, after all.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Before he went to Florida, Urban Meyer said he wanted to go to ND but they had to lower their admission standards for him to win there. They wouldn't, and he went on to win championships at places that did have lower standards.

This week I saw that ND football was one of a few schools that had a 100 percent graduation rate.

I give them credit for not selling their soul for football...but it means they won't have the athletes to compete with the Clemsons and Alabamas of the sport.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame has lost eight (8) straight major bowl games.
Notre Dame’s lost 8 straight big bowls. Let’s rank them
Their bowl record is going to destroy their "mystique".

Off to the ACC they'll go. Have gone the way of Pitt and Cuse. Unfortunately, Syracuse will still have an economy.

There's no way Notre Dame will be able to maintain independence with a losing bowl record. The Irish are being wrestled into a conference.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
There is absolutely zero question in my mind that UCF, with their backup QB, would have put up a FAR more competitive fight against Clemson than Notre Dame did. Notre Dame was the least deserving Playoff participant to date, and that's saying something considering how many blowouts we've had shoved down our throats in this new scam system. Playing a mediocre ACC-based schedule and playing against traditional big name programs in their extreme down years is not impressive to anyone...except Committee members and folks who bow down to Old Money Club propaganda. Ohio State, Georgia and, yes, UCF were all much more deserving to play Clemson than smoke-and-mirrors Irish. But they'll surely get another Playoff chance in 5 years when the Committee has decided it can't bear the thought of the beloved Irish being left out any longer...and they'll get smoked again.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
UCF is not going to get one of the four bids no matter how good they are. The Cartel, aka P5, want no part of any G5 team in their playoffs. Since we live near Orlando, I can assure everyone that if UCF wins its bowl game they will lay claim again to being the national champion.

Georgia, despite 2 losses, is a far better team than ND. Next would be tOSU though I think they are notch below Georgia.

Reaction Score
Before he went to Florida, Urban Meyer said he wanted to go to ND but they had to lower their admission standards for him to win there. They wouldn't, and he went on to win championships at places that did have lower standards.

This week I saw that ND football was one of a few schools that had a 100 percent graduation rate.

I give them credit for not selling their soul for football...but it means they won't have the athletes to compete with the Clemsons and Alabamas of the sport.
I'm a little fuzzy on the details but listening to a defensive player from Oklahoma interviewed on ESPN radio this week I couldn't tell if he was actually speaking English.

Reaction Score
UCF proved this year no G5 school is ever getting in after back to back unbeaten seasons. Unless they expand and guarantee a spot to the top G5 school it ain't happening.

Reaction Score
My laugh out loud moment of the day was when the pregame talking head, whom I do not have a name for carried on. (Not his exact words) "It is preposterous / absurd to think Notre Dame is a 12 point underdog".
Maybe he meant it should have been higher and I missed it. ;)

Reaction Score
Their bowl record is going to destroy their "mystique".

Off to the ACC they'll go. Have gone the way of Pitt and Cuse. Unfortunately, Syracuse will still have an economy.

There's no way Notre Dame will be able to maintain independence with a losing bowl record. The Irish are being wrestled into a conference.

What kind of mystique do they deserve when UConn owns a winning record against them.

Reaction Score
The system is in Flatline mode

There won’t be significant wide interest until you do have the underdogs winning - and that starts opening when the field is 8.

A Boise winning against a major name a decade ago is the sterling example of the possibility set.

Reaction Score
UCF is not going to get one of the four bids no matter how good they are. The Cartel, aka P5, want no part of any G5 team in their playoffs. Since we live near Orlando, I can assure everyone that if UCF wins its bowl game they will lay claim again to being the national champion.

Georgia, despite 2 losses, is a far better team than ND. Next would be tOSU though I think they are notch below Georgia.

Rightfully so. Alabama or Clemson can also claim a share.

Reaction Score
Just a quick perspective in favor of UCF being in the playoffs with a chance for the NC. In MLB, prior to 1947, how many black players were selected as MVP? How many since then?

Reaction Score
I'm a little fuzzy on the details but listening to a defensive player from Oklahoma interviewed on ESPN radio this week I couldn't tell if he was actually speaking English.
Some of these student-athletes can barely spell their name, let alone put together coherent sentences. Remember Cardale Jones of Ohio State a few years ago said "we ain't come here to play school," and I believe him. CFB and MCBB should be spun off into their own little leagues so we can end this charade that they are students when they are really just playing in the minor leagues for the NFL and NBA.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
If you ever watch Last Chance U on Netflix, it gives you a perspective on what it's like recruiting kids today. You root for these kids but they are tough to motivate. Of course these are kids who have had problems at other schools, but the good players do end up back in FBS. And none are going to ND.

That's the part that always shocks me with coaches who are in their 60s and 70s and still want to coach. Recruiting is not easy.

Reaction Score
Some of these student-athletes can barely spell their name, let alone put together coherent sentences. Remember Cardale Jones of Ohio State a few years ago said "we ain't come here to play school," and I believe him. CFB and MCBB should be spun off into their own little leagues so we can end this charade that they are students when they are really just playing in the minor leagues for the NFL and NBA.
As if pro leagues want their free farm systems to go away.

Reaction Score
4 issues of the entire post-season for CFB

P5 Cartel shutting out non-P5 from 4 team playoff.
Very few P5 vs G6 Bowl matchup.
The best players on many teams just skipping Bowl Games (or getting suspended for whatever).
ND Mistique - it's real but not the biggest issue by far.

Maybe an 8 or 16 team playoff rotating among Bowls would solve much of this. If I'm a Coach Mr. Superstar can buy his own ticket to the game if he decides not to play. Consider yourself quit.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
If I'm a Coach Mr. Superstar can buy his own ticket to the game if he decides not to play. Consider yourself quit.

What good reason would a highly touted prospect have to play in a meaningless exhibition game?

Easy for the head coach to say play when they have millions in the bank, as opposed to the kid that helped make those millions and has $0 in their bank account to show for it.

C

Chief00

Put Norte Dame in the layoff and they prove they don't belong. But they still get the money and they have made a bundle when they should have gotten none.

UCF certainly would have shown better even with a back up QB,

Agree.

Reaction Score
Agree with @minidarren that UCF was behind UGA and OSU, but yes compare their results against Pitt.

Pitt @ ND L 14-19
Pitt @ UCF 14-45

College football has become a joke because nobody plays anybody out of conference anymore. It’s entirely possible that UGA is the second best team, I suspect that they are.
I think Clemson with Dexter Lawrence playing and Trevor Lawrence coming into his own now, is better than either Georgia or Alabama. I would rank them 1) Clemson 2) Bama 3) Georgia 4) Oklahoma or Ohio State

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom