ND at #15 DePaul | The Boneyard

ND at #15 DePaul

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I think the game is on Saturday. Anyone know if it is on TV? If so...time and channel?
We host DePaul a couple of days before we visit ND...a chance to scout both teams.
I assume DePaul will play fast and shoot threes...if they are hitting they might test ND.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The game is at 2 pm Eastern time and is on DePaul All Access, I assume that’s a pay-for channel. It’s a travesty this game between two ranked teams, friendly rivals from the Big East days, isn’t at least on ESPNU or NBC/CSB/Fox Sports.

Just for general information, almost all teams will note media outlets on the schedules on their official sites.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Appreciate [and agree] with your take on no TV....and thanks for the general info for future
wonderings.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
ND and DePaul play each other all the time and DePaul played ND very tough at South Bend last year. It will be another outside (DePaul) vs. inside (ND) battle. Hoping the return of Brianna Turner helps the Irish cause in that equation.

I'll miss watching this one live, being that I'll be in Yankee Stadium rooting on the footballers against Syracuse. Go Irish!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
ND and DePaul play each other all the time and DePaul played ND very tough at South Bend last year. It will be another outside (DePaul) vs. inside (ND) battle. Hoping the return of Brianna Turner helps the Irish cause in that equation.

I'll miss watching this one live, being that I'll be in Yankee Stadium rooting on the footballers against Syracuse. Go Irish!
Bring your parka and boots!

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Well, I'll be at the DePaul game. Maybe you can tell me how the football game went and I'll tell you how the basketball game went ;)

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

How has Turner looked so far, in (the few) games and in practice?

Reaction Score
Well, I'll be at the DePaul game. Maybe you can tell me how the football game went and I'll tell you how the basketball game went ;)

you'll get to see two old NJ Shore Conference "friends" go at each other again with Mabrey and Kelly Campbell (who should have been recruited by UConn)..........I expect them to trade baskets and elbows throughout the game............

Dillon77

Reaction Score

Sounds like a plan. Hopefully, the Irish will be successful in pounding it inside in both Gotham and Chitown!

Dillon77

Reaction Score
you'll get to see two old NJ Shore Conference "friends" go at each other again with Mabrey and Kelly Campbell (who should have been recruited by UConn).....I expect them to trade baskets and elbows throughout the game..

Mabrey and Campbell were on each other like stickum' last year.
Mabrey has been held out of the first two games dealing with some quad issues and is listed as day-to-day. Getting the impression that if this was the playoffs, she'd be out there, but MM is taking a long view of this and wants her to be as ready as possible.

I like Campbell...she was a cool competitor in that TOC run and does a good job keeping Bruno's track meet running smoothly. Based on her success, I wouldn't be surprised to see him raid the Shore Conference again.

Reaction Score
and how about at the football game?..:rolleyes:

Hoping for good weather, but it really doesn’t matter. I’m flying out for the game, and a weekend in NYC. As long as we win, it will be a great weekend.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
How has Turner looked so far, in (the few) games and in practice?

VaMike. In post-game interviews after the first two games, Turner keeps stressing she's been practicing with the team all summer and played in the summer games in Italy and Croatia. She's most certainly in good shape and showing no signs of the knee injury in her running and jumping.

That said, D1 ball is different than summer tours and she missed a bunch of bunnies in the (first) Harvard game. But she got a double-double against a Penn team that threw a pesky zone at the Irish in game two. And we started to see some of the Bri moves that you take for granted, but are really unusually gifted for someone that tall: running the floor ahead of the break, catching a ball over her shoulder and depositing a layup in seemingly one motion; the toss-it-up virtual tip-in; and, the quick follow-up offensive rebound and bank shot. Also saw a drive from the left side which she turned into a smooth up and under from the right. And, with her back to the basket, a nice bounce pass to a cutting Shepard.

Have not seen the intermediate jumper she's been working on, but I still think she's cleaning up on the "usual" elements. She and Jessica Shepard are looking for one another while taking turns passing and getting the ball. And I suspect she'll get even more accurate feeds once Mabrey returns to the lineup and all the Irish are in their "comfort" roles. Frosh Jordan Nixon will be fine over time, but Mabrey and Turner have two years of working with each other.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Bring your parka and boots!

Nan: For sure..any temps under 50 and the hiking boots are on (keep the feet warm!). And the green Irish parka is most certainly ready for wear! ;)

Hoping for good weather, but it really doesn’t matter. I’m flying out for the game, and a weekend in NYC. As long as we win, it will be a great weekend.

Have a good flight in. Both teams have solid alumni bases in the City, plus the Irish have the subway alums. For an ND-Army game, I hopped on a D train at Columbus Circle and the entire train was dressed in blue, gold and green! Hoping for the same when my wife and youngest daughter (also now an alum) take the same train to 161st Street. Should be a blast...go Irish!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
VaMike. In post-game interviews after the first two games, Turner keeps stressing she's been practicing with the team all summer and played in the summer games in Italy and Croatia. She's most certainly in good shape and showing no signs of the knee injury in her running and jumping.

That said, D1 ball is different than summer tours and she missed a bunch of bunnies in the (first) Harvard game. But she got a double-double against a Penn team that threw a pesky zone at the Irish in game two. And we started to see some of the Bri moves that you take for granted, but are really unusually gifted for someone that tall: running the floor ahead of the break, catching a ball over her shoulder and depositing a layup in seemingly one motion; the toss-it-up virtual tip-in; and, the quick follow-up offensive rebound and bank shot. Also saw a drive from the left side which she turned into a smooth up and under from the right. And, with her back to the basket, a nice bounce pass to a cutting Shepard.

Have not seen the intermediate jumper she's been working on, but I still think she's cleaning up on the "usual" elements. She and Jessica Shepard are looking for one another while taking turns passing and getting the ball. And I suspect she'll get even more accurate feeds once Mabrey returns to the lineup and all the Irish are in their "comfort" roles. Frosh Jordan Nixon will be fine over time, but Mabrey and Turner have two years of working with each other.

Thanks for that detailed and thoughtful update -- Of all the kids UCONN recruited in recent years that we didn't get, Turner stands out to me for some reason. I just really like that kid, and hope she has an outstanding year and a successful transition to the W. Count me as a big fan, even when they play UCONN (as long as we still get the W that night :D)

Reaction Score
Have a good flight in. Both teams have solid alumni bases in the City, plus the Irish have the subway alums. For an ND-Army game, I hopped on a D train at Columbus Circle and the entire train was dressed in blue, gold and green! Hoping for the same when my wife and youngest daughter (also now an alum) take the same train to 161st Street. Should be a blast...go Irish!

So a guy who was in Dillon in ‘77 and has a daughter who is an alum. That is quite a coincidence. FYI - The coincidence being that I was in Dillon in 1977, and I have daughters who are alums.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Turner also had a double double in the Harvard Game I’m pretty sure.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The game is at 2 pm Eastern time and is on DePaul All Access, I assume that’s a pay-for channel. It’s a travesty this game between two ranked teams, friendly rivals from the Big East days, isn’t at least on ESPNU or NBC/CSB/Fox Sports.

If they wanted it televised... they should have played it on any other day of the week besides a Saturday afternoon in November. Anyway.... Go Irish

Reaction Score
I will be at the game with the "bride". I will be super disappointed if Mabrey does not play.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
If they wanted it televised... they should have played it on any other day of the week besides a Saturday afternoon in November. Anyway.... Go Irish
Or WatchESPN or College Sports Live, or anything.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom