ND and Tenn Lose - Very satisfying for Fans of UConn [merged thread] | The Boneyard

ND and Tenn Lose - Very satisfying for Fans of UConn [merged thread]

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Despite desperate come backs,
The two favorite teams whose ineptitude we most enjoy observing, did not disappoint,
and did it again this evening.
(I apologize for the awkwardly written sentence above).

Notre Dame, despite Destinee Walkers heroics fell to Virginia Tech, 68-62

And UTenn, again despite my fav Rae, kicking some butt, lost to a pretty solid Arkansas (wouldn't want to see them in the post-season).
Rae is a Jack-in-the-box type; out of control, charging around, way too many fouls...but also a fierce competitor with significant talent
UTenn went down, 83-75...a few more defeats and perhaps Charlie will dump them off his spcial list...ND is kaput....

Reaction Score
My cable package out her in San Diego is weird. I don't get the Pac 12 Network, nor the Big Ten, or most of the ACC. But I do get the SEC Network, and sometimes can get an ACC game. Tonight, I got to watch TN go down to Arkansas, and then see ND lose to VT. Does it get any better than that? Happy guy!

Reaction Score
Brunelle scored 20 and Walker scored 19 pts each but ND still lost to Virginia Tech 68-62. ND has a great 4Q, outstanding VT 28-15. But it was too late.

I really feel sorry for ND.

Reaction Score
Not when those are teams that UConn played. It weakens UConn RPI and makes their NCAA seeding worse. It's great when those teams lose to UConn, but not to other teams when UConn has played them.

Last edited:

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Ed is correct. And while you can hate on those teams all you want, the truth is Notre Dame can win a couple games and still isn't going anywhere. And Tennessee, while it "could" make the NCAA's, is not the juggernaut they used to be, are not a threat to UConn in any way, and are not satisfying to their fan base.

Reaction Score
Not when those are teams that UConn played. It weakens UConn RPI and makes their NCAA seeding worse. It's great when those teams lose to UConn, but not to other teams when UConn has played them.

None of that RPI stuff would matter if we had beaten Baylor and played Oregon and SC close. Whatever our seeding turns out to be, it's on us.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
The problem with the LVs is they need good guards. Their passing and ball handling skills are not guard like. With all that height that many posters admire, is not enough to play the game. UConn bigs over the years for the most part were good ball handlers and good passers.

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
None of that RPI stuff would matter if we had beaten Baylor and played Oregon and SC close. Whatever our seeding turns out to be, it's on us.
Well said. We play the next team on the schedule and do the best we can. No more, no less. Geno has always said (and I'll take liberties here) forget seeding and play the team you're up against.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
It doesn’t matter at all. UConn will be a 1 or 2 seed.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Ed is correct. And while you can hate on those teams all you want, the truth is Notre Dame can win a couple games and still isn't going anywhere. And Tennessee, while it "could" make the NCAA's, is not the juggernaut they used to be, are not a threat to UConn in any way, and are not satisfying to their fan base.
This isn’t the men’s game. The RPI isn’t hurt by those teams losing. Our RPI is hurt because we didn’t beat the better teams. Outside chance a team or two could make us a lower seeded 2, but we still have to beat a few good teams one way or the other to come close to an NC or the FF.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
What? Are you another one who wants to state what is and what isn't satisfying to us fellow UConn Husky fans? All due respect to you, I find that statement disrespectful. And I would also add that there is also a significant amount of UConn fans who still are not a fan of CVS and her tactics so be careful where you tread. I certainly would not tell any fan of another team who they like or don't like especially in their house. Seem like common courtesy to me, but then again courtesy around here often disappears. For most of us it is MM herself we dislike, for Tenn it is their loud, obnoxious fan, delusional fan base who still have the calendars on 1995 and the UT administration that we despise. I can get you the link to the 'Bama football site and you go on there and tell them that Auburn losing is not satisfying to their fan base and you can let me know how those responses go...

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Living in Florida we get both the SEC network and the ACC network on our cable package.

So I was flipping back and forth between the games. To me Tennessee is irrelevant but I would like to see them improve to the point of being relevant again. And I love it when ND goes down.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
What? Are you another one who wants to state what is and what isn't satisfying to us fellow UConn Husky fans? All due respect to you, I find that statement disrespectful. And I would also add that there is also a significant amount of UConn fans who still are not a fan of CVS and her tactics so be careful where you tread. I certainly would not tell any fan of another team who they like or don't like especially in their house. Seem like common courtesy to me, but then again courtesy around here often disappears. For most of us it is MM herself we dislike, for Tenn it is their loud, obnoxious fan, delusional fan base who still have the calendars on 1995 and the UT administration that we despise. I can get you the link to the 'Bama football site and you go on there and tell them that Auburn losing is not satisfying to their fan base and you can let me know how those responses go...
Umm, I think Knight was saying TN is not satisfying to their own (TN) fanbase. You may wanna walk that back.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Umm, I think Knight was saying TN is not satisfying to their own (TN) fanbase. You may wanna walk that back.
He might want to clarify...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
He might want to clarify...
It was pretty straight forward.

And Tennessee, while it "could" make the NCAA's, is not the juggernaut they used to be, are not a threat to UConn in any way, and are not satisfying to their fan base.

Reaction Score
Rest assured, both ND and Tenn will be back in the near future. Hopefully, with the experienced gained this year, and the new recruits joining the UConn family over the next two years, UConn will be in contention again competing with "real" chances for the National Championship. I am confident that Geno will continue to put top teams on the UConn schedule and present the most competitive teams against which the UConn women will have to compete with all of their skills and their desire to win. Couple this with, hopefully, a more competitive environment within the Big East, will be the best preparation for the NCAA Tournement.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The one thing I would point out to UConn fans is that if we learn anything from the LV’s steady decline and ND’s precipitous decline it should be that UConn’s presence as an elite team is never assured, and should always be considered precarious at best. A couple injuries this year and the Huskies could have been looking at a ND type free fall.

We need to cherish this great program as long as we can with the understanding that some day it’s likely that the mighty UConn Husky dynasty will face it’s own inevitable decline.

Reaction Score
The one thing I would point out to UConn fans is that if we learn anything from the LV’s steady decline and ND’s precipitous decline it should be that UConn’s presence as an elite team is never assured, and should always be considered precarious at best. A couple injuries this year and the Huskies could have been looking at a ND type free fall.

We need to cherish this great program as long as we can with the understanding that some day it’s likely that the mighty UConn Husky dynasty will face it’s own inevitable decline.

Wise old panda :)

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Lady Vols might end up as a 10 Seed and sent to Storrs depending on which Region they are assigned to.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Count me among the fans who enjoy seeing both programs go down. No team will come close to the amount of pleasure I get, though, from watching UTenn go down. They can't lose enough in my book.

And just in case you want to see even more craziness, head over to VolNation.com and check out the game threads. The whole "Kellie is no better than Holly" section of fans are out in full force. One clever poster wrote "from Holly to Jolly - it's not very Merry". I thought that was a good one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom