NCAA Women's Tournament Rebounding Record? | The Boneyard

NCAA Women's Tournament Rebounding Record?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does Janel McCarville still hold the single tournament rebounding record at 75? I know she set that record from Minnesota's run to the NCAA Championship semi-finals in 2004, averaging 15 per game. I thought, for some reason, it had been broken, but I can't see anything for certain that it ever was broken. I know Nneka had 73 in the 2010 tournament to come close.

Anyway, I ask b/c UW's Chantel Osahor, who I believe was "only" averaging single digit rebounds before the tournament, currently has 60 entering the Final Four. She should definitely get hers against Syracuse's guard-oriented team. But 15-16 rebounds in a single game is still a lot. However, should UW advance to the Championship game, she might have a decent shot at the record (if 75 is indeed still the record).

Reaction Score
Does Janel McCarville still hold the single tournament rebounding record at 75? [/B]I know she set that record from Minnesota's run to the NCAA Championship semi-finals in 2004, averaging 15 per game. I thought, for some reason, it had been broken, but I can't see anything for certain that it ever was broken. I know Nneka had 73 in the 2010 tournament to come close.

Anyway, I ask b/c UW's Chantel Osahor, who I believe was "only" averaging single digit rebounds before the tournament, currently has 60 entering the Final Four. She should definitely get hers against Syracuse's guard-oriented team. But 15-16 rebounds in a single game is still a lot. However, should UW advance to the Championship game, she might have a decent shot at the record (if 75 is indeed still the record).

Yes.

Reaction Score
Yes.

Great, thanks! IF UW advances, obviously rebounds will be hard to come by against UConn. But even snagging 5 or 6 will make the record that much more feasible for a very deserving young woman!

I know a few folks on the West Coast/UCLA boards who were long-time fans of Osahor and felt she was underrated and didn't get enough respect are patting themselves on the back with her incredible performances this tourney, and of course very happy for her.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Does Janel McCarville still hold the single tournament rebounding record at 75? I know she set that record from Minnesota's run to the NCAA Championship semi-finals in 2004, averaging 15 per game. I thought, for some reason, it had been broken, but I can't see anything for certain that it ever was broken. I know Nneka had 73 in the 2010 tournament to come close.

60 means that she is averaging 15 per game so getting 14-16 in a single game would be 'average' for her NCAA run.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
60 means that she is averaging 15 per game so getting 14-16 in a single game would be 'average' for her NCAA run.
One problem for her vs. Syracuse might be that the orange jacked up 30 3-point shots (and made 14 of them). Shooting that many 3's means the ball will likely take a longer bounce off the rim. Would be harder for her to grab boards that way. We will see, though. I'm rooting for the other Huskies to make it to the NC game...

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Interesting to note that they are shooting under 30% even after yesterdays display on threes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom