NCAA Transfer Portal - The process | Page 17 | The Boneyard

NCAA Transfer Portal - The process

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Pat Narduzzi takes the baton from Randy Edsall....now can Randy find some cover? Probably not.

“You look at that transfer portal going around the country, it’s ugly," Narduzzi said, per The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. "They really should call it the 'Ugly Toilet Portal.' It’s not good for a lot of kids...

"When you look at the amount of kids who transfer from Power 5 (schools), how many really make it back to Power 5? They don’t. They’re going down (to a smaller school or lower classification), or they’re asking to see if they can come back here if they did go in the portal.”

Reaction Score

Here's the part that hurts the kid the most:

While a player entering their name in the transfer portal means they intend to explore their options, it does not necessarily mean they will leave. A player is free to withdraw his name at any time. However, schools are under no obligation to keep a player on scholarship once they enter the portal.

Not good. Once a kid explores the school he's currently at can bolt on him.. Not a good look for colleges... Cattle hurding at its finest.. Sad stuff....

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

While a player entering their name in the transfer portal means they intend to explore their options, it does not necessarily mean they will leave. A player is free to withdraw his name at any time. However, schools are under no obligation to keep a player on scholarship once they enter the portal.

Not good. Once a kid explores the school he's currently at can bolt on him.. Not a good look for colleges... Cattle hurding at its finest.. Sad stuff....
I can think of a certain school that might have had 60 kids in the portal if you were truly allowed to put one foot out the door and keep one in the program. Does your wife let you browse?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I can think of a certain school that might have had 60 kids in the portal if you were truly aloud to put one foot out the door and keep one in the program. Does your wife let you browse?
My wife would kill me.. Do tell on the one that peruses....

Reaction Score

If the kid is not all in, the school should be able to move on as well.

Reaction Score

That's why usually have a hs coach reach out to other college coaches to see if they're interested before entering the portal.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Here's an electric Philly RB that did a year at Salisbury prep school before taking a scholarship to Marshall now in the portal after one year. The staff had some follows on him back in 2018.

Reaction Score
Here's an electric Philly RB that did a year at Salisbury prep school before taking a scholarship to Marshall now in the portal after one year. The staff had some follows on him back in 2018.

Grandson of Earl?

Reaction Score
Fickell has to be one of the best recruiters in college football. In a non p5 situation, he gets very strong hs kids, but he's got a bama rb and now a nd wr with 2 seasons left. Guy's good:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I just don’t think so. There are plenty of P5 transfers available and if you can sign 4* and 5* recruits as well, why go after G5 transfers?
Guess Coyle was P5 afterall

Reaction Score
I was curious about Marvin Washington.
He said he was recently offered by Eastern Kentucky via social media.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
New Haven native appears to me transferring from Michigan to Texas.

Reaction Score
If the kid is not all in, the school should be able to move on as well.

I am not sure I agree. One presumes a kid enters the portal because he feels the school is not all in on him. There is no other way to explore whether u might be a better fit elsewhere. Last, this isn’t a prison sentence - why is it so bad that a kid says, I want to play, I don’t see a path here or I think I'd be happier elsewhere and want to explore options?

Schollys need not be renewed by the school. This is a 1-way street. At no other point in their careers will they be told they must stay for 4-5 years regardless of whether the job works out, the boss they joined to work with moves on, etc.

when we level the playing field for players and coaches, I’ll feel different.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Just saw the Tarik Black to Texas IG post. Guess he didn’t wanna come closer to home lol

Reaction Score
Update on the current transfer stats from 24/7.

P5 to P5 = 104
P5 to G5 = 81
P5 to FCS or below = 76
G5 to FCS or below = 66
G5 to P5 = 32
G5 to G5 = 23
FCS or below to G5 = 16
FCS or below to P5 = 11

Reaction Score
Update on the current transfer stats from 24/7.

P5 to P5 = 104
P5 to G5 = 81
P5 to FCS or below = 76
G5 to FCS or below = 66
G5 to P5 = 32
G5 to G5 = 23
FCS or below to G5 = 16
FCS or below to P5 = 11

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors