NCAA Transfer Portal - The process | Page 10 | The Boneyard

NCAA Transfer Portal - The process

Reaction Score
Didn't know if I should've posted this inquiry in the transfer portal post or 2020 recruiting thread so I just decided on the transfer one.
@huskymedic - it seems we might be going after juco (Butler CC) OL Adam Sheriff... Allen and Giufre are following him they Twitter. Looks like he's following back. Do you know if we've offered him? Lord knows we need some serious OL help with the recent departures.

Reaction Score
Didn't know if I should've posted this inquiry in the transfer portal post or 2020 recruiting thread so I just decided on the transfer one.
@huskymedic - it seems we might be going after juco (Butler CC) OL Adam Sheriff... Allen and Giufre are following him they Twitter. Looks like he's following back. Do you know if we've offered him? Lord knows we need some serious OL help with the recent departures.

I’ve seen nothing about an offer or a visit and see the same things you’ve seen. UMass is chasing as well.

Reaction Score
The idea of going after P5 guys buried on the depth chart is a good one. A selling point that no one else in the AAC could say is "come here and and play 5 games against P5 opponents". Can any non P5 team say that? As I've said before, UCONN has a chance to be something special. That said, I've been an optimist who refuses to learn his lesson!

Reaction Score
The idea of going after P5 guys buried on the depth chart is a good one. A selling point that no one else in the AAC could say is "come here and and play 5 games against P5 opponents". Can any non P5 team say that? As I've said before, UCONN has a chance to be something special. That said, I've been an optimist who refuses to learn his lesson!
Let's face it, we are not getting kids with a bunch of fbs offers out of HS. A kid like Morgan wasn't sniffing the field at ND. Here was the best LB we had.

Reaction Score
Let's face it, we are not getting kids with a bunch of fbs offers out of HS. A kid like Morgan wasn't sniffing the field at ND. Here was the best LB we had.

I think I agree with your overall premise, although DJ had a lot of offers. Ultimately, We need to focus on kids like him who just want the opp to play and local kids who simply want to come home and play in front of friends and family.

Reaction Score
I think I agree with your overall premise, although DJ had a lot of offers. Ultimately, We need to focus on kids like him who just want the opp to play and local kids who simply want to come home and play in front of friends and family.
I disagree with your analysis. There will be way more kids in the portal than available FBS scholarships. Look at last year's portal and you will see plenty of 4*s and 3*s out of high school that did not find a landing spot last year. UConn's biggest problem is the desire to take either transfers or Grad transfers. A kid like DJ who graduated from Notre Dame is not an issue.

Remember, many kids from schools that are headed to bowls or the playoffs have not entered the portal yet. Still, look at these numbers so far:

QBs: 10 4* and 11 3*
RBs: 2 4* and 24 3*
WR: 1 5*, 8 4*, 37 3*
TE: 2 4*, 10 3*
LBs: 1 5*, 30 3*
DBs: 9 4*, 45 3*

What are harder to find in the portal are linemen. Look at what is available so far:

OL: 1 5*, 3 4*, 16 3*
DT: 1 4*, 5 3*
DE: 1 5*, 3 4*, 8 3*

Reaction Score
That is what I mean. A kid with a ton offers that got recruited over with other kids who had a ton of offers. He came here and provided the best LB play of anyone on our roster the last 2 years.

We could provide a place for these kids to showcase themselves given all the P5 opponents we are trying to play.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Since when is McMurphy a funny guy?

Reaction Score
Maryland Twin DTs Breyon and Brandon Getty entered the portal.. Redshirt sophmores.. ... Just sayin....

Reaction Score
This OL guy is somebody we should be all over. He's a grad transfer and has good bloodlines. Couldn't hurt

Ole Miss junior OT Bryce Mathews has entered the NCAA Transfer Portal, per sources:

https://post original url/nYHXmOdqFY https://post original url/OPvoNED8gq

Reaction Score

I sure hope we're doing our due dilligence on this. Hopefully we can make SMU like moves... Get this thing turned around. Winning games will cure a lot of what we're going thru... Putting guys on this squad that could help us win NOW has to be a top priority... We don't necessarily need to go bowling (would be a nice bounce back), but we need to see 5 to 6 wins and show a ton of LIFE in most of the losses...

Reaction Score
We would appear to have two chances to get this guy, the proverbial "slim and none", unfortunately, but maybe he'd consider transferring here to be able to showcase himself against 5 P5 opponents?

Reaction Score
Lol... come home young lad. Held a 2019 UConn offer -> Malachi Burby (DE) from Berlin CT attending Cheshire Academy, Cheshire CT (Wake Forest Commit 3/27/18>Decommit 8/23/18>Rutgers Commit 10/26/18)

He really does need to simply come home... Opportunity (aplenty) awaits this young man in his own back yard... I forgive him for spurning us.. It's a win win situation on both sides IMO....

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Btw - Schiano - wasting no time telling certain kids to hit the road? Perhaps

Reaction Score
Btw - Schiano - wasting no time telling certain kids to hit the road? Perhaps

I am sure the local media will attack him momentarily; we all know they hate it when a coach tells a prospect his offer is rescinded

Reaction Score
Jacob Morgenstern (CT kid that played at St Luke's then went to Duke) is now in the transfer portal. a nice depth guy, no?

Duke redshirt junior LB Jacob Morgenstern is in the transfer portal, per a source:

2020 College Football Transfer Portal
2020 Players in the NCAA College Football Transfer Portal
247sports.com

Reaction Score
I’ll take P5 LB all day. I don’t care if he ever played. Our LB play has been that bad
Agreed. He's better prepared than true frosh/redshirt frosh that are 20 lbs too light and haven't grown into their bodies yet....

Reaction Score

Thought this was interesting - not sure I remember it being put this way before:

>>If a waiver request meets one of the 11 waiver standards adopted through the Division I governance structure, the staff can approve the request if it shows extenuating and extraordinary mitigating circumstances beyond the student-athlete’s control. If the staff denies the request, the student-athlete can appeal to the Division I Committee for Legislative Relief to be granted immediate eligibility.

Most of the waiver requests fall into criteria of no participation opportunity at the previous school; egregious behavior; student-athlete injury or illness; and family member injury or illness. But some of the waiver requests fall outside the guidelines of these categories and are approved based on the totality of circumstances.<<

>>“You can’t compare a no-participation-opportunity waiver request to an injury/illness waiver request,” Hataway says. “Whether it’s right or wrong, the media and the public want to know how a case is being denied in an injury/illness case, but someone else is getting to play immediately in a no-participation-opportunity case. One is athletics-based, and the other is not.”

Each case is decided on its own merits. For example in a no-participation-opportunity waiver request, a student-athlete is more likely to receive a waiver if the student-athlete’s previous school agrees that a participation opportunity isn’t available instead of disputing the claim.<<

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Still have no idea how Fields from Georgia was eligible this year but that is the power of the top BCS schools

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom