NCAA Transfer Portal - The process | Page 7 | The Boneyard

NCAA Transfer Portal - The process

Reaction Score
Would be nice if our staff (and facilities in place) can convince more kids like these to take a leap of faith and the opportunity to create their own legacy. I mean, it's right there. Right in front of them. Our program has been downplayed for some odd reason to the point where none of what it offers (let alone a quality education) isn't attractive.... Nothing against who we already have. Just saying we need a little taste of (a little more of it) of kids that have that "been there before" mindset. The ones that have played in packed P5 stadiums and know how to handle success. Couldn't do anything but help us (and them) right now...

Reaction Score
Exit 4 - looks like we're kicking tires on a couple of JUCO DEs that haven't committed anywhere yet.. (Mike Z)... more proof with Edsall not big on playing young pups too soon, which he had to do the last few years.. We need this depth though.. Kids already mature (physically) that can be a part of the top of the rotation (until a young pup shows enough to either be a part of that rotation or outshine everybody and take the lead). We need help on the ends (one guy goes out then the next man up can provide adequate support behind him) from that perspective.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Exit 4 - looks like we're kicking tires on a couple of JUCO DEs that haven't committed anywhere yet.. (Mike Z)... more proof with Edsall not big on playing young pups too soon, which he had to do the last few years.. We need this depth though.. Kids already mature (physically) that can be a part of the top of the rotation (until a young pup shows enough to either be a part of that rotation or outshine everybody and take the lead). We need help on the ends (one guy goes out then the next man up can provide adequate support behind him) from that perspective.

Yep. Let me warn you though, every 3-4 weeks we find a new set of JUCOs that we kick the tires on and then its radio silence.

Reaction Score
It's officially late now.. Hopefully one of them takes us seriously...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Scratch this potential JUCO DL off the board. The staff seemed to kick the tires, however we were playing from behind because Temple had offered first.

Reaction Score
Scratch this potential JUCO DL off the board. The staff seemed to kick the tires, however we were playing from behind because Temple had offered first.

DARNIT!!!!

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Interesting that Bryce Watts leaves VT for UNC. He is from Toms River NJ and visited Rutgers last week. It was pretty much assumed that he was coming home. By going to UNC it seems he will have to sit out a year.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Walt Bell with a coup....a stunner. And lets remember he picked up that LB from Penn St too.

Adams is a grad transfer. He appeared in 9 games in 2018 and recorded 7 tackles at corner.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
When are these programs going to run out of room? Another TE finds a new home.

Reaction Score
Looks like we'll grab either under the radar Grad Transfers or DII stars thru the portal...

Whatever it takes I guess.. I'm all in...

Reaction Score
What happened to all the penalties for kids transferring from one school to another in the same conference? Guess it's a free for all right now..

Reaction Score
Really good read if you have access...

>>It has become easier than ever for unsatisfied players to leave and start over at another school. These daily transactions — promising talents leaving decent situations to test their luck, backups preferring to bail instead of battle, freshmen leaving after one semester — have become the dominant conversation of this offseason. How will their coaches adapt and adjust?<<

>>What does he mean by that? Patterson argues too many kids come in under the mistaken impression that what they are right now is good enough, and thus they think they’re ready to play when they’re not. He argues only 1 percent are good enough to get to the NFL on ability alone, and everyone else needs to grow up and go through the process. He aims to build his program with players who embrace that truth and who want to be coached hard.<<

>>“A lot of guys talk about the de-recruitment process,” Shaw said. “You tell them how much you love them, then when they get here, you coach them hard. That shocks guys, right? Especially now with the transfer portal, they’ll think, ‘Hey, you were a different guy when you recruited me? Maybe I shouldn’t be here.’ ” <<

Reaction Score
Long but worthwhile for continued perspectives: Utah college coaches, ADs weigh in on how the NCAA transfer portal is impacting the college sports landscape

>>“There’s no guarantees and so you’ve really got to be thoughtful about what you’re managing at your own school before you go,” Harlan said. “I think those conversations need to continue to happen at an industry level.”

Harlan wonders if it’s creating an environment where some student-athletes are opting to leave instead of sticking challenging times out. There’s no such data, yet, but it’s a concern.

“That’s part of the maturation process and if folks are going to the portal to avoid that struggle then I don’t know if we’re really doing anybody any favors,” Harlan said.<<

>>... There was a huge influx of players interested in transferring after spring ball, unhappy with where they are on the depth chart.

“You better have some scholarships available beyond the signing day because there’s some good players in there,” Whittingham said. “We took advantage of that ourselves and so it’s caused you to hold back some scholarships for not only guys in the transfer portal but grad transfers. Recruiting now is literally every day of the year, 365 days a year.”<<

Reaction Score
Why is/was it ok to have some organization like the NCAA set up to dictate where a 18 to 22 year old can go to school and get a scholarship? So you play for red pants and see where its at and can't get out of it after year 2 (or even one). You play defense for UConn and after year one of the Crocker/HCRE2.0 defense fiasco you can't get out; it maybe only year 2 of the GREAT REBUILD but it could be YOUR final year.
This is not a sport opportunity for a bunch of students, this is an industry that produces billions for the many "non students" involved, letting students get out of a bad situation (whether anyone else would agree with what type of situation it is doesn't matter, what the student thinks is what matters) seems like a no brainer.
Lastly, why is it that players get to be portrayed as: give up too early, think they are better than they are, and my favorite from HCRE1.0/HCREDreamJob1.0/HCRE2.0 "not buying into the (meaning his) culture" and not "who the duckk would want to play for xxxxxxxxx.
Why can't the kids from Clemson or Alabama decide that being a 2nd string QB at those schools is not as good an opportunity as potentially starting somewhere else? "Cause it might inconvenience their current coach?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Why is/was it ok to have some organization like the NCAA set up to dictate where a 18 to 22 year old can go to school and get a scholarship? So you play for red pants and see where its at and can't get out of it after year 2 (or even one). You play defense for UConn and after year one of the Crocker/HCRE2.0 defense fiasco you can't get out; it maybe only year 2 of the GREAT REBUILD but it could be YOUR final year.
This is not a sport opportunity for a bunch of students, this is an industry that produces billions for the many "non students" involved, letting students get out of a bad situation (whether anyone else would agree with what type of situation it is doesn't matter, what the student thinks is what matters) seems like a no brainer.
Lastly, why is it that players get to be portrayed as: give up too early, think they are better than they are, and my favorite from HCRE1.0/HCREDreamJob1.0/HCRE2.0 "not buying into the (meaning his) culture" and not "who the duckk would want to play for xxxxxxxxx.
Why can't the kids from Clemson or Alabama decide that being a 2nd string QB at those schools is not as good an opportunity as potentially starting somewhere else? "Cause it might inconvenience their current coach?
You are so right. All 85 deserve and must be first string.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Ktuck, happy hunting for the unclaimed kids in the portal. The biggest name I recognize is Malik Barrow a DE formerly at Ohio State. Looks like he has been looking to land at UCF. Doesnt look like UCF gave him a scholarship. I believe he graduated, so he should have at least two years of eligibility as a grad student somewhere. I wonder if he tries to WO at one of the FL schools.

Transfer Portal: Tracking players exploring transfer options

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom