NCAA tourny thread | Page 25 | The Boneyard

NCAA tourny thread

Reaction Score
Obviously they didn't win. But they earned respect for the league with that performance and proved that they have a great coach who can coach in this tournament. The more of this means the less we will need to depend on someone like Mick Cronin.

All fair points, it hasn't even been 24 hours since the game so I am a little pissed about it.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
ASweet3781 post: 3094864 said:
This league has had enough miserable moments that to ignore some actual progress is just being a gluten for punishment. BTW the leagues 3 best historical programs had down years.

If anyone has the problem mentioned above, this should help. Be sure to use the Amazon button above to order.

41AviKqEjML._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Reaction Score
Sweet 16 match ups are gonna be insane those game are where your weaknesses get exposed, even the UVA- Oregon matchup will be a great game Oregon is the hottest team in the tourney.

Reaction Score
All fair points, it hasn't even been 24 hours since the game so I am a little pissed about it.

Oh I am too. Huge opportunity to get Duke out blown.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Would've been nice to get Kenny Wooten. Dammit.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
We really could have used UCF to win that game. Houston in the S16 is no surprise but UCF in it, beating Duke to get there would have went a long way for our conference.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Every single 1,2 & 3 seed made it through to the sweet 16 has this happened before?

Reaction Score
That is what I was trying to say, No other Northeast team feeds my passion llke UConn. I will root for AAC teams since it benefits UConn.

I would argue that the success of Northeast teams is more beneficial for UConn. UConn should continue to schedule these teams. No matter how good the AAC teams become, it's gonna be hard to draw fan interest with a team that plays 2,000 miles away. Regional games draw interest, its just the way it is. Connecticut needs to continue to play its regional rivals now more than even before.

Obviously I want the AAC to succeed, I just don't see the southern AAC teams ever being a big draw for UConn home games. I hope I'm wrong

Reaction Score
We really could have used UCF to win that game. Houston in the S16 is no surprise but UCF in it, beating Duke to get there would have went a long way for our conference.

That would've been huge. So close!!

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Not tournament related but can we not look back and laugh at Zack Browns recruitment? That was the most sketchy recruitment in Uconn history bar none. Surpassing Nate Miles. There was no way he was ever going to suit up for us. What was KO thinking?

Reaction Score
Not tournament related but can we not look back and laugh at Zack Browns recruitment? That was the most sketchy recruitment in Uconn history bar none. Surpassing Nate Miles. There was no way he was ever going to suit up for us. What was KO thinking?

Thank god he never came here.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
He’d be suiting up for Geno at this point.

Reaction Score
Sooo...The NET pretty much nailed the Sweet Sixteen.

I really have wondered about the validity of the NET....maybe not as much now.

As much as I doubted NET, it sure as hell held true in this weekend's matchups. It nailed 14 of the Sweet 16 teams and the only 2 that didn't make it played higher ranked NET teams so it was impossible for it to nail all 16.

...;13. Wofford - Round of 32 (Lost to #6 UK so impossible for both to make the Sweet 16)

....15. Buffalo - Round of 32 (Lost to #10 Texas Tech so impossible for both to make the Sweet 16)

If NET holds true in the Elite 8 it will be:

Gonzaga > FSU
Michigan > Texas Tech
Duke > Virginia Tech
Michigan State > LSU

Virginia > Oregon
Tennessee > Purdue
UNC > Auburn
Houston > Kentucky

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Or...maybe it is just one of thise years with the top 16 going to the Sweet Sixteen.

The AP poll got 15 out of 16 with the only miss swapping Oregon for Buffalo.....

Even the humans got it pretty much right.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom