NCAA tourny thread | Page 24 | The Boneyard

NCAA tourny thread

Reaction Score
Houston looks great.
It's the AAC's last stand.

Kind of like 2011, when 11 Big East teams got in, but only 2 made it to the Sweet 16 (Marquette and UConn). All the pundits were ripping the BE, but UConn winning shut them up really good.

Reaction Score
Uh oh, looks like OSU is gonna make Houston shoot free throws from here on out 3 mins left. This could get...dicey.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Houston is putting on an absolute clinic on how to win a game right now.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Oregon seems to be a better team without likely lottery pick Bol bol? Overrated?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Houston is putting on an absolute clinic on how to win a game right now.

They aren’t playing very well really, but they are playing the odds. It’s a Belichick move. Ohio State usually sucks from 3 or this wouldn’t even be this close.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think Irvine will make enough shots to beat Oregon. But I’m not staying up to watch it.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Good showing of Houston fans here. They’re remaining side of the bracket is nightmare fuel though Auburn, UNC, Kentucky... sheesh.

Reaction Score
Not gonna give UCF any credit for almost beating Duke and Houson was supposed to beat Ohio State so I'm not gonna give them too much credit either.

Reaction Score
The next game will draw lots of attention since it's Kentucky. Expect the media to do a lot of looking back to Houston's glory days under Guy Lewis, and expect to see Hakeem, Clyde, and Elvin dragged out for interviews. Phi Slamma Jamma, and "The Game Of The Century" back in 1968.

Reaction Score
Not gonna give UCF any credit for almost beating Duke and Houson was supposed to beat Ohio State so I'm not gonna give them too much credit either.

BS. Duke is the favorite to win the title and the 3rd place team in our league had them beat. If you don't think that helped their program and the conference your crazy. No one believed UCF belonged on the same court as Duke prior to that game. They did certainly athletically.

Houston was playing in an aging empty arena collecting dust just 3 years ago and had 1 NCAA tournament appearance in 25 years. They are in the Sweet 16 with a shot to do damage. They athletically belong on the court with anyone.

This league has had enough miserable moments that to ignore some actual progress is just being a gluten for punishment. BTW the leagues 3 best historical programs had down years.

Reaction Score
BS. Duke is the favorite to win the title and the 3rd place team in our league had them beat. If you don't think that helped their program and the conference your crazy.

Houston was playing in an aging empty arena collecting dust just 3 years ago and had 1 NCAA tournament appearance in 25 years. They are in the Sweet 16 with a shot to do damage.

This league has had enough miserable moments that to ignore some actual progress is just being a gluten for punishment.

Sure will help their program but did they win? If Houston beats UK I will give them credit, they are very good if I didnt think they were I would give them credit for beating an 11 seed, giving them credit for beating an 11 seed would be insulting them.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Good showing of Houston fans here. They’re remaining side of the bracket is nightmare fuel though Auburn, UNC, Kentucky... sheesh.

That part was nice to see too. I hope Sampson sticks around because it would be cool if he could pull off a real Houston revival.

Reaction Score
Sure will help their program but did they win? If Houston beats UK I will give them credit, they are very good if I didnt think they were I would give them credit for beating an 11 seed.

Obviously they didn't win. But they earned respect for the league with that performance and proved that they have a great coach who can coach in this tournament. The more of this means the less we will need to depend on someone like Mick Cronin.

Reaction Score
BS. Duke is the favorite to win the title and the 3rd place team in our league had them beat. If you don't think that helped their program and the conference your crazy. No one believed UCF belonged on the same court as Duke prior to that game. They did certainly athletically.

Houston was playing in an aging empty arena collecting dust just 3 years ago and had 1 NCAA tournament appearance in 25 years. They are in the Sweet 16 with a shot to do damage.

This league has had enough miserable moments that to ignore some actual progress is just being a gluten for punishment. BTW the leagues 3 best historical programs had down years.
Agree with this. The fact that Houston was formerly an elite program adds to the narrative. They've done what St. John's, and Depaul, two other heavyweights from the 80s, have failed to do, return to the big stage. I want to see if they can make it pay off by being able to really tap into the talent pool in that area. Lots of good players down there. Wouldn't be a bad idea for UConn to start sniffing around down there. UConn still has a great brand, and some kids want to get away from home, but like to be in a league that has teams in the home area.

Reaction Score
That part was nice to see too. I hope Sampson sticks around because it would be cool if he could pull off a real Houston revival.

I'd be very surprised if he left. He can win a championship at Houston and the boosters there can make it worth his while. There is no reason to leave.

Imagine what that program can become now that their recruiting profile is about to take off.

Dick Gavitt's league still works basketball magic.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom