NCAA tourny thread | Page 22 | The Boneyard

NCAA tourny thread

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Barnes has made some questionable coaching decisions in the second half...

Reaction Score
Come on. Yes that was a bad foul call but Tennessee allowed Iowa to get back in it after being up 25.
Don't even think Cronin would have the balls to use that as an excuse if they lose.

Reaction Score
Good shot selection by Bone, just missed it, though.
This Tennessee collapse has Rick Barnes’ name written all over it.
I have no idea why Schofield wasn't in the game on that last possession, SMH

Reaction Score
Moss has been great in 2nd half, but in OT he's trying to be the hero. Get the damn ball into Cook or Garza:mad:

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Finally starts running the offense through Williams and gets 5 points in the last 2 possessions....

the Q

Reaction Score
The dude is a monster.

Best player on the floor and it seemed like they just ignored him the last 10 minutes of regulation

Reaction Score
Interesting fact about Tennessee. They play a single 4 or 5 star recruit on their team. Every player was ranked outside of the top 150 in his class.

Tennessee recruits guys who fit the style of play that they want to play.

the Q

Reaction Score
7 straight points running it through Williams

Reaction Score
Interesting fact about Tennessee. They don’t play a single 4 or 5 star recruit. Every player was ranked outside of the top 150 in his class.
They have some beef. Get me a Williams.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
They have some beef. Get me a Williams.
Part of the reason why we don’t get to the line as often as other teams is that we have guys who look to avoid contact rather than playing through it. This puts us at a big disadvantage, it forces us to shoot well from the field to have a chance to win.

Reaction Score
Not sure if it's a one year aberration but it's concerning that college basketball may be going the way of college football and demographics. LSU, Florida State. Auburn, Tennessee, etc. The athleticism of some of these teams is unreal. I saw FSU up close last night and they had some blocks that I'm not sure landed yet. Meanwhile most of the northeast programs outside of Nova's run under Wright are at their worst and don't compare. That's why I don't buy this back to the Big East nonsense. It's just not the same anymore. Marquette and Seton Hall were awful against Murray State and Wofford. So was St. John's. It's not the future. Houston, Memphis, UCF, etc probably have more potential going forward.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not sure if it's a one year aberration but it's concerning that college basketball may be going the way of college football. LSU, Florida State. Auburn, Tennessee, etc. The athleticism of some of these teams is unreal. I saw FSU up close last night and they had some blocks that I'm not sure landed yet. Meanwhile most of the northeast programs outside of Nova's run under Wright are at their worst and don't compare. That's why I don't buy this back to the Big East nonsense. It's just not the same anymore. Marquette and Seton Hall were awful against Murray State and Wofford. So was St. John's. It's not the future. Houston, Memphis, UCF, etc probably have more potential going forward.

We should hold out for an SEC invite

UconnU

Reaction Score
Goes without saying a UCF win here would go a long way for the conference. Go Knights!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Not sure if it's a one year aberration but it's concerning that college basketball may be going the way of college football. LSU, Florida State. Auburn, Tennessee, etc. The athleticism of some of these teams is unreal. I saw FSU up close last night and they had some blocks that I'm not sure landed yet. Meanwhile most of the northeast programs outside of Nova's run under Wright are at their worst and don't compare. That's why I don't buy this back to the Big East nonsense. It's just not the same anymore. Marquette and Seton Hall were awful against Murray State and Wofford. So was St. John's. It's not the future. Houston, Memphis, UCF, etc probably have more potential going forward.

Five years ago the SEC was mediocre aside from UK and Florida at times. Now it’s a juggernaut. The population is shifting south, and the quality of athletes coming out of the south is fantastic. There is a shift and it isn’t likely to shift back. Especially when kids from New Haven go to LSU. It’s not like the northern teams are bad, both Michigan schools look great, but the south has caught up.

The AAC does indeed have potential. It’s a southern urban conference which bodes even better for basketball than football.

Reaction Score
Not sure if it's a one year aberration but it's concerning that college basketball may be going the way of college football and cultural demographics. LSU, Florida State. Auburn, Tennessee, etc. The athleticism of some of these team is unreal. I saw FSU up close last night and they had some blocks that I'm not sure landed yet. Meanwhile most of the northeast programs outside of Nova's run under Wright are at their worst and don't compare. That's why I don't buy this back to the Big East nonsense. It's just not the same anymore. Marquette and Seton Hall were awful. So was St. John's. It's not the future. Houston, Memphis, UCF, etc probably have more potential.
It's all cyclical. SEC schools decided to dump a lot of money in basketball and they all got really good coaches who are cheating like crazy. Southern basketball players aren't more athletic than Northeast basketball players. New England prep is the best high school basketball in the country. Not going to go through all their rosters but the best player for LSU is from New Haven, arguably the best player for Auburn the 2 years before this is from Waterbury, and arguably the best player for FSU is from Lowell, MA.

You bring up FSU with blocks, we led the country in blocks for like 10 straight years. Leonard Hamilton has been down there for a long time and has been building a program in his image, they are really good after years of building.

UconnU

Reaction Score
It's all cyclical. SEC schools decided to dump a lot of money in basketball and they all got really good coaches who are cheating like crazy. Southern basketball players aren't more athletic than Northeast basketball players. New England prep is the best high school basketball in the country. Not going to go through all their rosters but the best player for LSU is from New Haven, arguably the best player for Auburn the 2 years before this is from Waterbury, and arguably the best player for FSU is from Lowell, MA.

You bring up FSU with blocks, we led the country in blocks for like 10 straight years. Leonard Hamilton has been down there for a long time and has been building a program in his image, they are really good after years of building.
Northeast/Mid-Atlantic prep basketball is still the best, on average, but the gap is certainly closing. Places like Atlanta and Memphis never used to be hotbeds for basketball talent but they are now. Part of it is sheer numbers, almost all the states in the south have growing high school enrollment whereas the north student enrollment is either flat or on the decline. Also football participation is on the decline nationwide a lot of kids who would have played football in past in the south are now playing basketball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom