NCAA Tournament Officially Cancelled | Page 3 | The Boneyard

NCAA Tournament Officially Cancelled

Reaction Score
No. What about the players who worked so hard to compete for a national championship.... Especially the Seniors? Will the NCAA give them another year of eligibility? The numbers are far short of thise of annual flu cases, the tourney always occurs during flu season and it is never canceled.....
Because the tests are easily accessible and so our numbers are fully accurate?

people here are myopic and dumb.

Yes, I feel bad for the seniors, but suggesting this is equivalent to the flu--especially with what's going on in Italy--shows you are incredibly ignorant and should probably sit this out.

Reaction Score
No. What about the players who worked so hard to compete for a national championship.... Especially the Seniors? Will the NCAA give them another year of eligibility? The numbers are far short of thise of annual flu cases, the tourney always occurs during flu season and it is never canceled.....

So putting their lives and other lives at risk makes more sense?

Reaction Score
It's called life lessons. Not everything in life goes as we wish.

Reaction Score

He is doubling down folks, he is doubling down.

Reaction Score
The country already should've shut down for like two weeks. Two weeks of terrible pain is worth it to prevent a year of pain.
Yup. Look at the difference between South Korea and Italy and that should tell you which we should have been following. One has a mortality rate around 0.85% (still almost 9x as deadly as the flu) and the other somewhere around, what, 6%?

Reaction Score
My bad. I didn't pay attention to who posted it. It's hard to tell around here with all the chuds showing up out of the woodwork.
No doubt. I really wish the ban hammer would come out more regularly at moments like this.

Reaction Score
No doubt. I really wish the ban hammer would come out more regularly at moments like this.
It's incredibly hard. I've way too invested in this so I've seen all the idiots come out but there's so many

Reaction Score
I just realized…

This means every college basketball program’s streak of making the NCAA tournament ended in 2020. All teams begin next fall looking for their first “consecutive” season. Finally, true parity in college basketball.

Reaction Score
I just realized…

This means every college basketball program’s streak of making the NCAA tournament ended in 2020. All teams begin next fall looking for their first “consecutive” season. Finally, true parity in college basketball.
Except some teams did make it by winning autobids.

Reaction Score
This is no joke. 50-70% of people may get infected. My kid goes to school in NYC and is home on break and has been in bed with body aches and weakness. We're calling her doctor to bring her in tomorrow. They don't want people just dropping in without mask etc to avoid infecting people there. Hopefully, a test is available. Take it seriously people.

Reaction Score

Oh hell yeah....FSU was declared the ACC AQ Champ...rated #4 in AP and Coaches...soooo

Hang a Final Four banner !

Reaction Score
Now is the time for UCF to claim a natty and have a parade to compliment thier football natty.

Reaction Score
Congrats brother
Wait, if this thread has turned into a baby shower, serious congratulations @tcf15.

I took his post to mean he had planned on taking annual paternity leave during March Madness—as I assume he does every year. (How else can you the explain the exceptional quality of UConn Husky Games or his posts here, especially during the crunch-time of MM?)

Reaction Score
As best as I can tell, the following teams made the 2019/2020 NCAA Division One Men’s Basketball tournament prior to its cancellation:

• Liberty – Atlantic Sun
  • Hofstra –Colonial
  • Northern Kentucky – Horizon
  • Yale – Ivy League
  • Bradley – Missouri Valley
  • Utah State – Mountain West
  • Robert Morris – Northeast
  • Belmont – Ohio Valley
  • Boston University – Patriot League
  • East Tennessee State – Southern
  • North Dakota State – Summit League
  • Gonzaga – West Coast

These schools seem to be the only automatic qualifiers prior to the NCAA cancelling the tournament, and, hence, the only teams that actually “made” the tournament before it no longer existed.

In other words, the above list of 12 schools will begin next fall with more consecutive seasons of having made the NCAA tournament than Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, Kentucky, Syracuse…

Reaction Score
The NCAA charges every student athlete who wants to play in college $75 each to register with the clearinghouse to grant eligibility to play in college and does nothing for this money. That's 10s of millions of dollars each year. They should use some of this to cover the scholarships of any players who want to come back for a 5th year.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
You clearly don't even know what cancel culture means. It's sad you got a bunch of likes for this comment.
I should have made it more obvious it was a joke, but I didn’t realize so many people actually think that this is “just the flu”. I feel bad that our public education system has failed them so badly.

Reaction Score
I should have made it more obvious it was a joke, but I didn’t realize so many people actually think that this is “just the flu”. I feel bad that our public education system has failed them so badly.
They're frankly just following what our president said for months. There are other problems there, but, in their defense, it shouldn't be unreasonable to listen to POTUS.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom