NCAA Tournament Officially Cancelled | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NCAA Tournament Officially Cancelled

Reaction Score
So for teams that were on a post season ban this year...does that get carried over to next year now. Not much of a punishment if nobody goes this year.

Reaction Score
Imagine being a Rutgers fan right now.

... imagine being a Rutgers fan during any time period I guess...

I have a bunch of family and friends. I legit feel bad for them, that big 10 invite is still a nice silver lining though.

Reaction Score
It's going to be really interesting to see what the Ncaa does with guys transferring or leaving early. LIkely no Nba combines, and would be hard to move declaration dates. Probably moves a lot of player movement back to summer which will make rosters volatile for longer. Not the best of situations.

Reaction Score
Gonna be a quiet spring.

Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 5.44.44 PM.jpg

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
I was among those hoping postponement meant there was a narrow possibility postseason play could still happen, but of course it's always better to err on the side of caution. Also, the logistics of coordinating the rescheduled dates and all other details of tournaments would be a pretty monumental task, and even then it would still be a big "IF." In a way this feels like an attack on our nation, and other nations, and we are left in stunned disbelief at the damage being inflicted, but we shall rise above this and come away from it wiser, stronger, and with a greater appreciation for those around us, for true leaders, those in the medical community fighting this thing, and for the Giver of life.

We'll never really know if this was an overreaction, but we would sure know if we didn't react enough.

Reaction Score
IMO this should have been postponed instead of flat out cancelled. Give some time to fully understand the situation. If it's still this bad in a month then cancel it.

do you just assume they haphazardly decided to cancel?

Reaction Score
IMO this should have been postponed instead of flat out cancelled. Give some time to fully understand the situation. If it's still this bad in a month then cancel it.
What more is there to understand? Italy has shut down. Iran is digging mass graves.

“If it’s still this bad in a month” good god you clearly are oblivious to this entire thing. This will be far worse in a month.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Duke will hang a banner

Syracuse is going to try to find any remaining living members of the Helms Committee.

Anyway, it's the right thing to do, but I'm wondering how the NCAA makes do for the short term. March Madness represents at least a third of their revenue, if not more.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It's nice to know that it takes a once in a lifetime pandemic for the NCAA to put its own greed in check. But at least we know it is possible.

Except this isn't close to a once in a lifetime pandemic.

Reaction Score
it was a joke, obviously they should have cancelled the tournament lol
Yeah I'd imagine most people haven't been as obsessive in reading all these posts and can tell the idiots from the sane. I knew it was a joke immediately

Reaction Score
The NCAA gets 75% of their operating revenue from March Madness....what do they do now?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
some people are just incredibly selfish and only care if their entertainment needs are met
No. What about the players who worked so hard to compete for a national championship.... Especially the Seniors? Will the NCAA give them another year of eligibility? The numbers are far short of thise of annual flu cases, the tourney always occurs during flu season and it is never canceled.....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom