NCAA to proceed with 2021 national men’s college hockey tournament April 8-10 in Pittsburgh (USCHO) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

NCAA to proceed with 2021 national men’s college hockey tournament April 8-10 in Pittsburgh (USCHO)

Reaction Score
How could UMass screw up so badly? UConn will probably be the top New England public school for quite a while.

Hockey draws affluence. ADs know this. That's why SHU is building a new rink.
SHU new rink is on hold due to the pandemic.

Reaction Score
Come on man...it would be huge for a Hockey East team to win it all.

As a general rule of thumb, I usually root for teams in your conference to win championships. I did this all the time with the old Big East. In my mind, a team from your conference winning national championship helps to raise the stature of all teams in the conference.

Reaction Score
Considering Merrimack and UConn are the only programs UMass has a winning all time record against in the Hockey East, UMass winning would be huge. St Cloud can wait a bit longer.

Reaction Score
To each his own. Don't care for UMess nor give a hoot whether they win for HE. Same same in particular regarding BCU, Rooting for the Huskies of St Cloud.

Reaction Score
What the heck is up with huge sparklers going off when a team scores a goal? Becoming a circus.

Reaction Score
Huskies are actually outshooting the Minutemen at this point. UMass is making the plays that score.

Reaction Score
Yes and that program was on just as bad a shape a few years back. They have been hockey east for longer sure but completely irrelevant. And facilities aren’t exactly incredible. To be runner up then champs speaks to what their coach built up there.

Reaction Score
Yes and that program was on just as bad a shape a few years back. They have been hockey east for longer sure but completely irrelevant. And facilities aren’t exactly incredible. To be runner up then champs speaks to what their coach built up there.
I believe UMass is in the midst of a $2 million renovation for the hockey locker room. A locker room, not a mansion.

I suppose the silver added to the hockey uniforms is justified now...

Reaction Score
Umass winning puts a lot more pressure on Cav. Don’t have to be a Boston team to be successful
It should put pressure on Cavanaugh. (Btw, did you know he makes more than Carvel?)

Consider this - Carvel started at 22-49-4 in his first two years and and then totally remade UMass hockey. We, however, have been stuck in mediocrity for Cavanaugh's entire tenure.

No more apologists for Cavanaugh, please. He hasn't advanced UConn hockey very much at all. Now we have a stark example an hour up the road of what a quality coach can do with a moribund program.

21-22 has to be make or break for Cavanaugh.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It should put pressure on Cavanaugh. (Btw, did you know he makes more than Carvel?)

Consider this - Carvel started at 22-49-4 in his first two years and and then totally remade UMass hockey. We, however, have been stuck in mediocrity for Cavanaugh's entire tenure.

No more apologists for Cavanaugh, please. He hasn't advanced UConn hockey very much at all. Now we have a stark example an hour up the road of what a quality coach can do with a moribund program.

21-22 has to be make or break for Cavanaugh.

This is a ridiculous take.

Reaction Score
Where did UMass get this coach? What's the story?
Interesting story...Grew up in Canton, N.Y. (where St. Lawrence is located), played at SLU. Worked his way thru the coaching ranks as an assistant at the college level and then scouting and assistant in the NHL. SLU hired him as an assistant and the as HC a year later. He kind of turned the SLU program around. Wife was from Amherst and he liked the Hockey East opportunities. St. Lawrence is a tough location for recruiting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom