NCAA says it ruled on Sid Wilson's eligibility last month | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NCAA says it ruled on Sid Wilson's eligibility last month

Reaction Score
I sure hope not. I'm so sick of this fire Ollie stuff. Seriously. Let it go. I get that the team is flawed. It's not entirely his fault. Injuries and personality issues have played a part.

Injuries you could consider an excuse, except the injured player has a history of the same problem and should have been recruited over, rather than letting his would-be replacement bail for another program.

Personality issues? Who assembles the personalities on this team? This was supposed to be a team of the "right kind of guys" after the supposed malcontents left last year.

Reaction Score
Injuries you could consider an excuse, except the injured player has a history of the same problem and should have been recruited over, rather than letting his would-be replacement bail for another program.

Personality issues? Who assembles the personalities on this team? This was supposed to be a team of the "right kind of guys" after the supposed malcontents left last year.
This is like a bad dream that never ends.

Reaction Score
NCAA says it ruled on UConn player eligibility last month

NCAA spokeswoman Michelle Hosick declined to detail the decision, but said UConn was notified verbally on Dec. 20 and in writing on Dec. 22. She says the school has 30 days to appeal any part of the ruling, but had not filed such an appeal as of Wednesday afternoon.

This was the week they notified a couple other schools (Kansas with de Sousa), so that definitely makes sense.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So UConn finds out on the 20th about Sid Wilson then tells the media this on the 29th:

NCAA says that as of today, they haven't filed an appeal. So they were waiting to hear what exactly?

Wow that is not good.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Doesn’t add up... only explanation that makes any sense is that UConn must have decided on some “drop dead” date after which it didn’t make sense to keep pursuing...

Reaction Score
For openers, there is no context to the verbal notification. Add to this, the written notification, which for all we know could have been sent via traditional (snail) mail on the Friday before Christmas (may have sat in an outgoing mail bin until the following Tuesday), may not have arrived on campus until yesterday (considering the holidays).

I imagine the appeal (or lack there of) would need to come from our compliance department and it would come from direction of AD Dave (with input from KO).

Also, it is very possible that we need the document in hand prior to filing the appeal (I would guarantee that there is a formal process, you can't merely pick up the phone and say "we appeal").

Before we throw out accusations of incompetence or ulterior motives it may make sense to get full information.

PS - it is no surprise to me that the written notice went out on a Friday before a holiday weekend. NCAA at its finest.

Haha

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score

They had a few months to fill out the team. And it wasn't so much Vance as it was his dad that's the malcontent.

The idea of recruiting over Gilbert is funny. They had MAL but he decided to go elsewhere. Kid is very talented and had the surgery to correct the issue. Kind of a freak thing he was hurt again. Not sure you could see it coming.

Reaction Score
They had a few months to fill out the team. And it wasn't so much Vance as it was his dad that's the malcontent.

The idea of recruiting over Gilbert is funny. They had MAL but he decided to go elsewhere. Kid is very talented and had the surgery to correct the issue. Kind of a freak thing he was hurt again. Not sure you could see it coming.
Coach is jinxed. Fire him.

Reaction Score
The idea of recruiting over Gilbert is funny. They had MAL but he decided to go elsewhere.

yeah who the hells fault is that? we lost 4 players in the off-season and that is all on Ollie. We replaced them with freaking Anderson, Williams, Cobb and DO. All who shouldn't even be on the floor for a UConn basketball team

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
So they basically lied.

Ollie essentially lied last year about Gilberts shoulder too when it was glaringly obvious the kid was done for the season.

Reaction Score
The fact sid wasn’t on the trip tells me all I need to know
Since he’s ineligible he’d have to pay his own way to get to the game so him not being on the trip basically just tells us that he doesn’t want to drop a grand to go to Tulsa Oklahoma.

Reaction Score
Since he’s ineligible he’d have to pay his own way to get to the game so him being on the trip basically just tells us that he doesn’t want to drop a grand to go to Tulsa Oklahoma.
But it’s okay to for him to go to Arizona n Auburn lol

Reaction Score
I don’t think decision had been made yet at that time so he was still kinda in limbo
Wow NCAA is a joke ... but they made decision on Beverly for nc state in no time .. we stay getting hosed

Reaction Score
yeah who the hells fault is that? we lost 4 players in the off-season and that is all on Ollie. We replaced them with freaking Anderson, Williams, Cobb and DO. All who shouldn't even be on the floor for a UConn basketball team
Not Sure why I'm bothering but it's pretty slim pickings by that time of the year.

Reaction Score
Not Sure why I'm bothering but it's pretty slim pickings by that time of the year.
how about he doesn't lose 1/3 of the team then, moran

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom