NCAA Puff Piece on UConn APR Turnaround | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NCAA Puff Piece on UConn APR Turnaround

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
Same story at most colleges. Freshman year was awesome then things started going downhill...I wish I had a dollar every time I heard that one.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
{Tongue firmly planted in cheek}...Is anyone else shocked by the noticeable absence of any Mark Emmert quotes/statements?

That slime probably wanted nothing to do with this puff piece as he wanted to be on stage to present our two programs with their National Championship trophies.

Reaction Score
I think he didn't automatically capitulate and he wasn't too stubborn to acknowledge JC was right.

I'd agree with this if he hadn't jerked KO around on contract renegotiations over some pretty innocuous perks.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
D
I'd agree with this if he hadn't jerked KO around on contract renegotiations over some pretty innocuous perks.

Wasn't the penalty for going to another college one of those perks? I like it.

Does Herbst have the ability to fire tenured professors?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Herbst is an awful President. I was a student there for her first few years and just seeing some of the stuff she does is puzzling.
Yes because the President's actions directly affect the typical day-to-day life of the student body. Philip E. Austin was president when I was a student and I couldn't pick him out of a line-up.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I can't remember who it was when I went. Never saw him, even on TV. But I remember we didn't like him.
I do agree that teaching should be more of a factor when hiring faculty but it is all about research.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Sometimes, complainers are loud and make a lot more noise than those who see the positives and compliment. Other times, a few people search more for negatives than positives in life. Of course, never on the Boneyard, and generally that only applies to some people. ;)

What if they're actually doing a pretty good job? Or, even better than most of their predecessors?
Absolutely.

I was buying light fixtures for my garage a couple weeks back and the guy who helped me got right up to the point of begging (didn't hit it, but was in the area) me to take the on-line survey. Like most people, if someone helps me, I'm grateful but forget about it as soon as I hit the Berlin Turnpike. If a customer is not happy, many go right to the website to leave a review and b1tch about the lousy customer service. I actually found a few minutes to leave a couple nice sentences at the end of the survey.

Husky25

Reaction Score
The students don't like her. There's an entire twitter page devoted to her with the hashtag #thankssusan . While it's mostly in jest, many of the complaints are real.

Well then if there's a student Twitter page, then I guess that settles it.:eek:

She's focusing on campus "beautification" when multiple departments are on probation due to poor teaching. The tuition continues to increase even though they said it would stay stagnant. We're consistently at the top of the list for poor teaching performance. There still aren't enough dorms, and nothing has been done to address that. And parking has been a problem for years there and no one has brought that up either. They just decided to close the library at midnight instead of 2am like it has been forever. .

The library hadn't been open until 2am forever. It used to close at midnight when I was there (What do you actually learn/retain after midnight anyway?). At least you don't have a hefty bag on the façade to guard against falling bricks on to passers by.

Spring weekend is still dead and nothing but a cop fest. The entire atmosphere of the school became much more strict and serious over the four years that I went there.

This has more to do with a death directly related to Spring Weekend activities. How would you have reacted differently if you were in their position? Parents were literally forcing their children to attend other schools because of the inherent danger of UConn. What would you have done over Spring weekend, that you couldn't do on any number of given weekends? If you went to UConn only a 4 day campus wide blow out between the NCAA Tournament and Finals, the issue may not be with the administration, Just sayin'...

I just graduated last year, and while I enjoyed UConn, the administration was less than desirable. They don't care about the students, they just want money and to keep climbing the academic ladder, regardless of student life. It's great because my degrees value will only increase, but it sucks when you're actually going to school there.

You could have transferred...

Reaction Score
god forbid someone has a f*king opinion on this board. Way to treat a new member you old f*ing hags.
Wow! Talk about an over reaction. BB, people are simply disagreeing with you or sharing how things really haven't changed much over the years. A few have supported some of your concerns. You can have your opinion, just show some backbone when people disagree with you. Your reaction hurts your credibility. If you think the reaction in opposition to your position in this thread is harsh, wait till someone kicks your ass in a thread about what you think about a recruit, a current player or the team, to that matter.

You gotta be thick skinned to last on this board. Just sayin'!

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
god forbid someone has a f*king opinion on this board. Way to treat a new member you old f*ing hags.
No problem with having an opinion. The problem lies in having facts to back up the conclusions made from those opinions. Otherwise your just another freescooter, and you don't see many posts from that old hag.

It is fun watching these complaints from afar. The frau's department was all but dissolved (despite that the university has a bronze statue of the department founder in the entrance foyer!) and you wouldn't know it from the dean's messages or the activities of the admissions committee. Oh come to our Ivy league institution study this discipline, just don't expect any professors with any expertise in the department... You are complaining about what is commonplace in nearly every university at every level. Comedy when it happens to others, tragedy when it happens to you.

Now let's talk about reclining seats on airlines! We'll be sure to reach a consensus there. :p

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Yeah I'm deleting my account, if I could i figure out how to with this awful interface.

Seriously, you're not going to get new members when most of you are a bunch of a_holes

Adios.

Reaction Score
Yeah I'm deleting my account, if I could i figure out how to with this awful interface.

Seriously, you're not going to get new members when most of you are a bunch of a_holes
This board will somehow find a way to survive without you. And this board has no problem adding new members and will continue to be a popular place for mature UConn fans to discuss UConn hoops and related topics. It's not our loss, but yours. No need to delete your account. Just simply remove the Boneyard bookmark and never come back. I'm not telling you to do so, and wish you'd be part of this fun loving dysfunctional family, but whatever...

Husky25

Reaction Score
Thanks for the PM. Mature. I state a fact and ask a few legitimate question and I get a go F myself. There are plenty of students and former students here who can interact like adults (Sadly, there are also plenty of adults who throw more tantrums than my two year old about less innocuous statements). C'est La Vie. Probably better off before one of the more insidious posters get at you (far more than I).

Reaction Score
RIP BasedBazz
8/30/14 - 9/4/14

Taken from us too soon by an enlarged sense of self-importance and a dangerously thin skin.

Reaction Score
Can someone who's better at the internet than I am locate and post the "That Escalated Quickly" image.

Reaction Score
Can someone who's better at the internet than I am locate and post the "That Escalated Quickly" image.

No, but here's a bunny with a pancake on its head

bunny.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member