NCAA Issues Five Level I Violations to Arizona | The Boneyard

NCAA Issues Five Level I Violations to Arizona

Reaction Score
Is this really even news? there are numerous notice of violations handed out to P5 schools and they amount to nothing. I am not sure what will happen first one of these big boys gets a stiff penalty of the Ollie fiasco is brought to a legal conclusion. The NCAA and Mark Emmert are gutless.

Reaction Score
It's one big ******g joke goes back a long time and over and over again. Rinse and repeat, caught red-handed and nothing burger. I concur ncaa and Emmert are gutless and Miller isn't going anywhere.

Reaction Score
My opinions on NCAA violations have evolved over the past few years. Partly because of the disgraceful UNC situation and partly because I feel like NCAA rules turn regular people into criminals.

One of the charges relates to a $500 loan to an athlete. The NCAA rules have these kids and coaches behaving like criminals because some poor kid benefit from his incredible skill. A skill he spent years developing. Nothing was stolen. No one was hurt. All that happened was someone was paid for their talents. That's actually how the world works everywhere else. Except for poor black kids who dedicate their formative years to develop skills the rest of society demands.

Sorry for the bit of hyperbole, I just don't even know what the NCAA is doing anymore. Everyone involved in college sports is making millions. The NCAA, the Universities, the major coaches, the TV Networks. But we are turning young kids into criminals for developing the actual skills all those other entities demand. I'm actually a bit mentally broken on this topic. It all just seems fraudulent to me.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
My opinions on NCAA violations have evolved over the past few years. Partly because of the disgraceful UNC situation and partly because I feel like NCAA rules turn regular people into criminals.

One of the charges relates to a $500 loan to an athlete. The NCAA rules have these kids and coaches behaving like criminals because some poor kid benefit from his incredible skill. A skill he spent years developing. Nothing was stolen. No one was hurt. All that happened was someone was paid for their talents. That's actually how the world works everywhere else. Except for poor black kids who dedicate their formative years to develop skills the rest of society demands.

Sorry for the bit of hyperbole, I just don't even know what the NCAA is doing anymore. Everyone involved in college sports is making millions. The NCAA, the Universities, the major coaches, the TV Networks. But we are turning young kids into criminals for developing the actual skills all those other entities demand. I'm actually a bit mentally broken on this topic. It all just seems fraudulent to me.
I understand what you are saying but rules are rules and if you turn a blind eye on a $500 loan things just escalate. Until they come up with equitable rules for schools and athletes to follow you have to utilize what is on paper now.
There are other outlets for the kids - Europe/GLeague etc
The college game is a place for kids to show what they have for 1 or more season. There are arguments and discussions both pro and con but they do receive a free ride so there is a sense of compensation.
I don't know what the answer is but open market compensation would be a nightmare for all but a handful of schools

Reaction Score
I understand what you are saying but rules are rules and if you turn a blind eye on a $500 loan things just escalate. Until they come up with equitable rules for schools and athletes to follow you have to utilize what is on paper now.
There are other outlets for the kids - Europe/GLeague etc
The college game is a place for kids to show what they have for 1 or more season. There are arguments and discussions both pro and con but they do receive a free ride so there is a sense of compensation.
I don't know what the answer is but open market compensation would be a nightmare for all but a handful of schools
I agree with the "other outlets" portion of your comment.

Another thought. Maybe all the other entities should not make any profit. Or get paid with room, board and free classes. They'd lose their *. The whole enterprise would just stop. By the way Dickie V, you no longer are a millionaire. You now live in a dorm. Dinner is 4-7:30p. Have fun baby. I'm mostly kidding. But it's an interesting thought.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I wonder if Arizona has its own wire room, or if Miller has to go to the bank every time they want to send a recruit cash.
I'm sure their is a cash app for such transactions. Keep things simple.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom