NCAA investigation tactics | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NCAA investigation tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You have to care.

This is an organization that claims to hold everyone to the same standards. That's the problem. Miami's fate should be tied to USC's and UConn's etc.

I don't care what they claim, their record shows otherwise. And I am all for standards, in fact i think the NCAA has come up with some sort of a "punishment standard" now that will go into effect next year or something. But they have never treated their members equally, regardless of how loudly they may claim that they do.

Reaction Score
You're closer to the rug everything gets swept under by JB and his team so please elaborate for us........to deny there have been many things that have found their way under those rugs would be laughable!!
Again you claim thousands of violations but can't name a single one. Is there anything that SU did that UC hasn't done? If you think UC is any bit cleaner than SU you really need a reality check.

Reaction Score
Again you claim thousands of violations but can't name a single one. Is there anything that SU did that UC hasn't done? If you think UC is any bit cleaner than SU you really need a reality check.

Covering up drug offenses that would bite a regular student in the butt?

Reaction Score
Covering up drug offenses that would bite a regular student in the butt?
What do you mean by "bite in the butt"? Again, it's the year 2013. The vast majority of universities really, really do not care about students smoking marijuana. Syracuse is right up there, as liberal of an institution that it is.

I went to college not too long ago, and one of my roommates got caught with marijuana in our dorm. He was written up and told to attend some drug counseling class for about 2 weeks. That's it.

Reaction Score
What do you mean by "bite in the butt"? Again, it's the year 2013. The vast majority of universities really, really do not care about students smoking marijuana. Syracuse is right up there, as liberal of an institution that it is.

I went to college not too long ago, and one of my roommates got caught with marijuana in our dorm. He was written up and told to attend some drug counseling class for about 2 weeks. That's it.

Syracuse policy (violation/1st offense/2nd offense):

Use or possession of
marijuana or drug
paraphernalia Disciplinary probation
Residential relocation (in the discretion of the case manager or hearing board)
Substance Abuse Prevention and Health Enhancement Office referral
Project CARE or community service referral and/or other educational project(s) Indefinite suspension for a minimum of 1 academic year

Reaction Score
Syracuse policy (violation/1st offense/2nd offense):

Use or possession of
marijuana or drug
paraphernalia Disciplinary probation
Residential relocation (in the discretion of the case manager or hearing board)
Substance Abuse Prevention and Health Enhancement Office referral
Project CARE or community service referral and/or other educational project(s) Indefinite suspension for a minimum of 1 academic year
Still don't get your point

Reaction Score
I submit that part of the perception issue is UConn's decision to got with the "none of the kids who did this are here anymore defense." They should have hit the ex post facto (after the fact rule change) and double jeopardy (We were punished for 2008 twice) elements. Those would have resonated far, far better.

I've been saying this for over a year.

Reaction Score
Syracuse has a policy on the books for students. It isn't swept under the rug.
My college has a drug policy also, same as SU. I knew many students caught with weed, POSSESSION in the DORMS. Nothing happened. General student population isn't drug tested like the student-athletes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom