OT: - NCAA investigating Connecticut Men's basketball | The Boneyard

OT: NCAA investigating Connecticut Men's basketball

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
If the NCAA finds a reason to penalize UConn it will be the best thing to happen to the men's program in a long time. Getting out of that 9 million dollar Ollie buy out on a "just cause" loophole would be a huge blessing.
The men’s board was saying its $12 million.

Reaction Score
Not the kind of news to wake up to. :(:mad:

Report: NCAA investigating UConn men's hoops
About time---I have wondered since Jim Calhoun departed--something serious is very wrong--not one National Championship (so far) under Ollie. How can that we with Connecticut being the center of the Basketball universe?? I hope they find out soon.
Of course they may be studying how to transfer the course "Rocks for Jocks" to North Carolina..

Reaction Score
If the NCAA finds a reason to penalize UConn it will be the best thing to happen to the men's program in a long time. Getting out of that 9 million dollar Ollie buy out on a "just cause" loophole would be a huge blessing.

Aye ! The U should confess immediately. Three benefits: Good PR, lower penalty, and a new coach.

Reaction Score
About time---I have wondered since Jim Calhoun departed--something serious is very wrong--not one National Championship (so far) under Ollie. How can that we with Connecticut being the center of the Basketball universe?? I hope they find out soon.
Of course they may be studying how to transfer the course "Rocks for Jocks" to North Carolina..

To be fair Ollie did win a NC in his second year, but it was with all players that Calhoun recruited.

Reaction Score
Did UNC Chapel Hill do something illegal again? :confused:
How dare you!! A statement like that is nothing more or less than the NCheates. NC only offered a course, acceptable to the NCAA, with out attendance or grading as a requirement. Stupid me -- I didn't go to NC--but my grand daughter did, no wonder when asked how many eggs in a dozen she needed a computer. (inside joke).

Reaction Score
Most programs cheat to become good.
That may be phrased:
Most good programs cheat. Programs that cheat are good. It is good to cheat say most programs.
Then to take this it's ridiculous extension: Programs that don't cheat never succeed.

Using your "Most programs cheat to become good." what does that say about UCWBB??

Reaction Score
If the men's team is using unfair methods in their recruiting they are doing a pretty lousy job of it....

Do you think if they were winning year after year the NCAA would be after them?
Some schools are now offering a masters program, skipping undergrad completely in: Watching Basketball games--the students start with an A. No tests. Before graduation they evaluate the course. So far the students love it.

Reaction Score
The men's board has some interesting takes on this. One being that the school leaked this as Ollie has a "just cause" in his contract that would allow them to fire him w/o a buyout. It'll sure be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Reaction Score
Don't doubt for a minute that coaches will use this in recruiting against Geno and the women's program....

This would be considered tame compared to what some schools are already using.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Does this mean the UConn men get to win the NC next year or is that only for "perceived" academic violations.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom