NCAA Infractions? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NCAA Infractions?

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
AD DB needs to come out, with a strong statement on this before ESPN spin doctors get to this. Something along that lines of it's time to close that chapter of our program and move on with a new coach etc. The alums understand what show cause means and that means $0.

Reaction Score
Not trying to defend what Ollie did, but reading the list of infractions they really do seem to be pretty minor compared to all the paying players stuff that we've been reading about for over a year. If those schools don't get hammered it will be a complete joke.

Reaction Score
Not trying to defend what Ollie did, but reading the list of infractions they really do seem to be pretty minor compared to all the paying players stuff that we've been reading about for over a year. If those schools don't get hammered it will be a complete joke.

Yeah, I'm fine with them punishing Ollie for breaking the rules and I'm glad what UConn self-impose was enough but other schools better get hit much harder...and I'll believe it when I see it.

Reaction Score
The violations outlined are mostly ridiculous. The main one, and the reason why KO got the show-cause is he was not truthful and did not cooperate with the NCAA. If you read the Findings of Fact section of the NCAA's document, some of what UConn actually did is really absurd.

- Student managers attended pickup games, took stats, and gave the stats to the coaches
- Video coordinators gave instruction to players on a few occasions
- Boosters talked to a recruit on an official visit and spoke highly of the program
- Same recruit *MIGHT* have gotten one free meal on a visit
- Same recruit had a video call with booster on an official visit
- Staff lost count of number of recruiting-person days

The more serious violations are definitely the ones relating to the training sessions from the trainer in Storrs and Atlanta. The report isn't 100% clear on who paid for the players' travel to Atlanta but that would not be a minor infraction.

What's clear though is KO's statements to the NCAA on some of these issues were inconsistent with the facts of what happened, and that's what ultimately doomed him with the NCAA.

Reaction Score
The violations outlined are mostly ridiculous. The main one, and the reason why KO got the show-cause is he was not truthful and did not cooperate with the NCAA. If you read the Findings of Fact section of the NCAA's document, some of what UConn actually did is really absurd.

- Student managers attended pickup games, took stats, and gave the stats to the coaches
- Video coordinators gave instruction to players on a few occasions
- Boosters talked to a recruit on an official visit and spoke highly of the program
- Same recruit *MIGHT* have gotten one free meal on a visit
- Same recruit had a video call with booster on an official visit
- Staff lost count of number of recruiting-person days

The more serious violations are definitely the ones relating to the training sessions from the trainer in Storrs and Atlanta. The report isn't 100% clear on who paid for the players' travel to Atlanta but that would not be a minor infraction.

What's clear though is KO's statements to the NCAA on some of these issues were inconsistent with the facts of what happened, and that's what ultimately doomed him with the NCAA.

The bold are some of the reasons most people hate the NCAA. A few years ago I remember Emmert was on Mike & Mike and one of the Mike's asked him about the the ridiculous length of the NCAA rule-book and so many of its silly rules similar to what is shown above. Emmert agreed and promised all of the silly rules would be taken out. Never happened though.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I mean...he has a show cause. I hope he has saved his money.

What? You don't think that he can convince a jury that the NCAA collaborated with UConn and penalized them and put them on probation as some elaborate ruse to help UConn avoid paying Ollie? Because that's one winner of a legal position right there. :rolleyes: It's pretty much "the dog ate my homework".

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
For the people who were calling GM a snake you look ridiculous now. @whaler11 Rule #1 of the NCAA don't lie.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom