NCAA Hoops - Week of 2/24-3/1 | The Boneyard

NCAA Hoops - Week of 2/24-3/1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
Don't look now, but Mick Cronin is moving toward the top of the Pac-12. Won 5 straight and 1/2 game back of Bobby Hurley.

Reaction Score
Hamilton has moved FSU ahead of Coach K's stars to the top of the ACC....Beat Louisville for 2nd time on 2/24 while Duke lost to Wake.

Not an elegant year for the conference...Noles play ugly ball, win ugly and no team stands out...star power down.

Hamilton has recruited 13 players since 2017....and they average out at 6'8"....may be one of the longer teams.

Last edited:

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Talent may be the primary ingredient in the recipe for a champion, but it's the seasoning that really makes the difference.

Reaction Score
Talent may be the primary ingredient in the recipe for a champion, but it's the seasoning that really makes the difference.

Duke should be better next year as the freshmen mature...if Tre Jones leaves, point guard may fall back some.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I would like to think that the idea of bringing in a large, talented freshman class of one and dones is pretty well shown to be a path to not winning much of anything at this point. Experience matters a lot. More than talent, although experienced talent is the best of all.

Until Magette, Coach K never had one and dones. I have to think that Duke, UK and a few others are looking at Baylor, Dayton and SDSU and seeing the truth of college basketball. A five star one and done can put you over the edge when added to the right overall roster.

Reaction Score
I would like to think that the idea of bringing in a large, talented freshman class of one and dones is pretty well shown to be a path to not winning much of anything at this point. Experience matters a lot. More than talent, although experienced talent is the best of all.

Until Magette, Coach K never had one and dones. I have to think that Duke, UK and a few others are looking at Baylor, Dayton and SDSU and seeing the truth of college basketball. A five star one and done can put you over the edge when added to the right overall roster.
Which region do you think Kansas will opt for in the NCAA Tournament? Midwest or South? Houston or Indy? Considering a few of the local 2 seeds that could show up in the Midwest it will be interesting which region Bill Self selects.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Which region do you think Kansas will opt for in the NCAA Tournament? Midwest or South? Houston or Indy? Considering a few of the local 2 seeds that could show up in the Midwest it will be interesting which region Bill Self selects.

since when does he get to choose? Where are the Games? Normally Midwest for sure.

Reaction Score
Duke lost 3 of their last 4 all to unranked teams. Ya think maybe they could drop out of the top 10.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
4 Top 10 teams go down today, 3 of them to unranked teams. Gonzaga is in a dogfight too.

Reaction Score
Jay Huff was one rebound away from a points/rebounds/BLOCKS triple-double!

None bigger than his 10th block of the game after blocking Vernon Carey's game-winning layup attempt with three seconds to go.

Here's his post-block and draw the foul reaction:

Screen Shot 2020-03-01 at 4.27.23 PM.png

Reaction Score
Watched Nova and PC or at least some of it and that same team that shot 12-23 from 3 vs our Huskies threw bricks all game at a 5-30 level. Even with that disgusting level of play somehow PC had to hang on to win yet they were projected by the moron Lunardi to already be in? I mean maybe bubbling after the win but please they’ve been killed in a few games this year. If Nova shot like that vs US our guys would’ve handled them easily. And that’s with Bouk not being good yet nor Whaley.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Duke lost 3 of their last 4 all to unranked teams. Ya think maybe they could drop out of the top 10.
Coach K is looking for that back brace he needed in '95.

Reaction Score
Watched Nova and PC or at least some of it and that same team that shot 12-23 from 3 vs our Huskies threw bricks all game at a 5-30 level. Even with that disgusting level of play somehow PC had to hang on to win yet they were projected by the moron Lunardi to already be in? I mean maybe bubbling after the win but please they’ve been killed in a few games this year. If Nova shot like that vs US our guys would’ve handled them easily. And that’s with Bouk not being good yet nor Whaley.
Blew out Texas,beat Marquette twice, split with Nova, Seton Hall, Butler, Creighton (smashed them at home) they are all ranked. Split with St John's who are still considered a quad 1 team. PC is definitely in......that's what happens when you play in a good conference, you get opportunities to boost the resume. Would not surprise me if PC wins the BET.

Reaction Score
You're totally wrong on this, PC is clearly in.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You're totally wrong on this, PC is clearly in.

I don't know about that. The bubble is so big and so tight, that we could see 5 teams move in or out by next week.

Reaction Score
Providence will complete the most providence season of all time by winning the big east tournament and losing in the first round

Reaction Score
After the big win... There should be no doubt that PC is in. I'm not saying they are lock either. Just saying that if the Selection Sunday were today they would be in. They were the last four in before beating Nova and beating Nova away should get them away from the bubble.

They should go at least 1-2 to finish the regular season + BET . If they go 0-3 they will be in serious trouble.

Reaction Score
After the big win... There should be no doubt that PC is in. I'm not saying they are lock either. Just saying that if the Selection Sunday were today they would be in. They were the last four in before beating Nova and beating Nova away should get them away from the bubble.

They should go at least 1-2 to finish the regular season + BET . If they go 0-3 they will be in serious trouble.
exactly. providence and xavier are in basically the same position of needing 1 more win. providence has the enviable position of having depaul left on the schedule. If they could take a fall against X that'd be ideal

Reaction Score
exactly. providence and xavier are in basically the same position of needing 1 more win. providence has the enviable position of having depaul left on the schedule. If they could take a fall against X that'd be ideal

Honestly. I think Xavier is in better shape that PC. I could see a situation of Xavier going 0-3 and still getting in. It wont look good. But they would still get in. 19-13 in the Big East, this year, will get you in.

Xavier has the tougher end of the season. but that's good too. No bad losses!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom