NCAA grants transfer guard Dara Mabrey immediate eligibility at Notre Dame | Page 4 | The Boneyard

NCAA grants transfer guard Dara Mabrey immediate eligibility at Notre Dame

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
OK. I hope the whining is out of our system and we can get back to behaving like fans of the greatest basketball school in the nation. Time to put the swagger back in our attitude that we don't care what you do, you can't beat us on the court.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Does UCONN play ND this year & is it a home game?

Big "I don't know" on that. The ACC inferred that its members will a 30-24 game ACC schedule and ND announced that it will add another 4 games on top of that, but strongly inferring those will be "bus trip" games. Having driven between Long Island and/or northern New Jersey to South Bend, Indiana, way too many times in my life, I don't think UConn-ND qualifies as a "bus trip" :rolleyes: ;)

Too bad. I think the game is good for all involved, but I certainly get it.

I imagine those four games might consist of UConn's midwestern Big East rivals Marquette and/or Depaul, whom ND plays every year as well. Could also include B1G matches with Michigan State or Michigan and "Rte. 80" matches with Toledo or Valparaiso. Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Big "I don't know" on that. The ACC announced that its members will have a 24-game ACC schedule and ND announced that it will add another 4 on top of that, but strongly inferring those will be "bus trip" games. Having driven between Long Island and/or northern New Jersey to South Bend, Indiana, way too many times in my life, I don't think UConn-ND qualifies as a "bus trip" :rolleyes: ;)

Too bad. I think the game is good for all involved, but I certainly get it.

I imagine those four games might consist of UConn's midwestern Big East rivals Marquette and/or Depaul, whom ND plays every year as well. Could also include B1G matches with Michigan State or Michigan and "Rte. 80" matches with Toledo or Valparaiso. Stay tuned.
I feel like the "bus trip" comment was referring to away games. The UConn game would have been a home game this year. I think it would make sense to keep that as their big non conference game considering there's only 4. Maybe two out of conferences could be Michigan and Michigan St, or possibly Indiana?

Reaction Score
I feel like the "bus trip" comment was referring to away games. The UConn game would have been a home game this year. I think it would make sense to keep that as their big non conference game considering there's only 4. Maybe two out of conferences could be Michigan and Michigan St, or possibly Indiana?
ND vs Rutgers would probably be a good game.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Does UCONN play ND this year & is it a home game?

Scheduling Update, courtesy Graham Hays: ND vs UConn is a Definite No This Year.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Actually, UConn has 3 of the 4 top ratings for WCBB Final Four games. And none of the top four involved ND.

You piqued my interest and I found this article on sportsmedia watch

You're right:
- the UConn- Tenn. game in 2004 and brought in a 3.5 rating.
- UConn-Oklahoma brought in a 3.3 in 2003. Those are the only ones over 3.0 since 2000 that I can see

The 2014 UConn-ND championship did bring in a 2.8 rating.

On the other end of the scale, the UConn-Syracuse game in 2016 came in at 1.9, which kind of mirrored the actual game.

Reaction Score
how far back are you going? More than 10 years? 15?

Back to 1999. Do you have a different time period in mind. In fairness, that time period does encompass all of the ND championships, if not all of UConn's.

Reaction Score
Back to 1999. Do you have a different time period in mind. In fairness, that time period does encompass all of the ND championships, if not all of UConn's.

just curious, the page I saw only went back 15 years.

Reaction Score
I don't blame the UConn fans for being frustrated. I regularly state my opposition to waivers except for extremely unique circumstances. Mississippi State has benefited from waivers but I am not a fan of them.
However, isn't it better that Westbrook had a year to get healthy? She got to practice with the team, sat on the bench and was likely a vocal contributor to the roster. Westbrook impressed me at UT in the few games I saw her and believe she will be a major factor for UConn this year. It's water under the bridge now so just enjoy her play on the court this year.

If anyone expect the NCAA to be consistent or transparent they need to forget about it. It will never happen.
She’s also eligible to be drafted after this season... same as Azura Stevens. So we don’t know if we’ll have her for 1 or 2 years. That’s the difference.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Orangutan said:
Agreed. Still a year away (at least) from thinking about winning the ACC. I will settle for being mediocre this year instead of just bad.

Post edit correction:
I think the situation at ND is temporary. I expect Ivey to return the Irish to prominence in 2 years. She’ll have no trouble getting top rated recruits to play for her.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Post edit correction:
I think the situation at ND is temporary. I expect Ivey to return the Irish to prominence in 2 years. She’ll have no trouble getting top rated recruits to play for her.

Agree with that Carnac.
Coach Ivey started almost immediately on the recruiting front, going after top recruits when she got 2021 commitments from point guard Olivia Miles and wing Sonia Citron. She followed that up with an offer to Ayanna Patterson, the 2022 forward from Ft. Wayne, Indiana. We'll see how she does with Ms. Patterson and other 2022 prospects.

However, I expect she'll do well, given that she was MM's main recruiter for years, now she's top dog and also has a young, energetic assistant coach in Michaela Mabrey to work with her.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom