NCAA expected to change guidelines for transfer waivers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NCAA expected to change guidelines for transfer waivers

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
More on the new rules, Westbrook's waiver, and other stuff:

And for what it’s worth, Geno Auriemma said on Monday at his Fore the Kids Golf Tournament that they still have not sent in a waiver request.

“They’ve got to put together a whole list of things they have to send in, so they’re still working on that,” he said. “And there’s no, ‘Well if you do this it’ll get approved. If you do this, they won’t.’ Who knows?”

Reaction Score
There should be 1 set of transfer rules for ALL NCAA sports not the "one from column A, one from column B" that there is now! Some consistency would be appreciated! Yes I know we're talking NCAA here!
If your recruiting head coach leaves for any reason the player(s) can transfer with no sit-out year!
If the school revamps the program, going from Div. I to Div. II, for example, the player(s) can transfer freely!
If the player flunks out or is kicked out of school if they go somewhere else they must sit-out 1 year to reestablish themselves, grades-wise and/or social-wise!
It should be known ahead of time what will be required to leave.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
New rule: Everyone transferring to ND gets a waiver. Everyone else can pound sand. Especially transfers to UConn.
Name for us the UCONN WBB player(s) that has ever submitted a waiver for immediate eligibility.

Reaction Score
Thanks for providing this article, Coco. I guess that we have conflicting data because Geno in the article in the Courant was talking about the "wait" and the inconsistencies involved in the NCAA decision-making and Kelli Stacy mentioned that the duration of waiver decision process varies case by case. I am confused, if not perplexed, as to how UConn is "awaiting" the NCAA decision, if they are yet to file, as the 6/24 Connolly post states...

My guess is that Daniel Connelly, who is a UConn student, misinterpreted something Geno said and that he actually was talking about having to submit more data, not the original request.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
My guess is that Daniel Connelly, who is a UConn student, misinterpreted something Geno said and that he actually was talking about having to submit more data, not the original request.
Your explanation makes much more sense to me.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Your explanation makes much more sense to me.

Wrong. Still waiting on her Kindergarten transcript certified by the state's Secretary of Education and proof of her original Rubella shot. Yesterday:

"And for what it’s worth, Geno Auriemma said on Monday at his Fore the Kids Golf Tournament that they still have not sent in a waiver request.

“They’ve got to put together a whole list of things they have to send in, so they’re still working on that,” he said. “And there’s no, ‘Well if you do this it’ll get approved. If you do this, they won’t.’ Who knows?”

NCAA Tightens Waiver Guidelines, Will it Affect Evina Westbrook?

Reaction Score
No hate or negativity is intended with this post; I'm just asking the question because there are many knowledgeable minds here.
What are the reasons Westbrook would receive a waiver? I'm unfamiliar with the process, but it seems to me like she has no legitimate reasoning for immediate eligibility. Also, does the committee only consider the waiver from the student's point of view, or do they also take into account the new school's request?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
No hate or negativity is intended with this post; I'm just asking the question because there are many knowledgeable minds here.
What are the reasons Westbrook would receive a waiver? I'm unfamiliar with the process, but it seems to me like she has no legitimate reasoning for immediate eligibility. Also, does the committee only consider the waiver from the student's point of view, or do they also take into account the new school's request?

No one here knows what the reasons will be. It will need to be more than just the coaching change.

Tennessee will be asked whether it opposes the waiver request. If it does, that will lessen the chances for approval. Before the recent tightening of the guidelines my thinking was that smart coaches wouldn't oppose a waiver request simply because someday they may seek a waiver for a transfer. The new guidelines may change that approach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom