NCAA Drops PSU's Post Season Ban | The Boneyard

NCAA Drops PSU's Post Season Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
The NCAA is a dying organization, IMHO. They can't/won't police the big boys so they are left with worry about whether the bagel has cream cheese on it and, of course, harassing UConn. It's time for a new model.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Unbelievable. So raping kids and covering it up for decades deserves only 1 extra year penalty as a bunch of low academic scores? I know our mistake was not asking all of our basketball players from the 80s and 90s to enroll in some bogus basket weaving course and apply it to the 2006 APR, but c'mon now. This on the heels of UCONN slapped with a minor penalty for a friggin' 1 minute phone call to a 12 year old KID.

I hate the NCAA so much. Fake classes, raping kids, and applying 1990s students to the APR is okay. A phone call to an excited kid to congratulate her on her unbelievable accomplishments is not okay. F Emmert. F the NCAA.

UCONN Autonomy.

Reaction Score
if it were announced at the time that their penalty would be a 2 year postseason ban and loss of scholarships, emmert would have been hung from a tree by the general public.

lol, whatever. it's all just a big joke.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I would accept this if our kids weren't penalized for someone else's test scores and someone else's decision to transfer...

NCAA = Scumbags

Perfectly fine to be mad about the UConn nonsense but this seems fair.

Reaction Score
Great timing NCAA lift the post season ban the second Ray Rice is suspended.

Reaction Score
There is no point penalizing the kids at Penn State now for a dead guy and a guy in jail.

This is horsehockey. PSU looked the other way for a long time and then tried to muddy the waters of transparency.

The NCAA is a useless piece of horsehockey.

A pox on both their houses!

Reaction Score
Anyone else wish William William would clean house with these NCAA duck*ers

Reaction Score
This just in.... the remainder of PSU penalties and sanctions will be served by UCONN's Football, Basketball, and Baseball teams as well as Geno being suspended for the upcoming season.

-Mark and the NCAA

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Just add this to the list of golden opportunities lost due to the inept AD who ran the show from 2003 to 2011.

If there ever was a window where we could have made a bit of a name for ourselves it was post Fiesta Bowl with the giant who normally towered over everything in the northeast on reduced scholarships and a postseason ban. Instead of driving ahead with a bright, young, energetic head coach attempting to take the programto new heights we had P driving the program into obscurity.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
In and of itself - maybe.

When there's a double standard - no.

Consider the timing as well - it's just more evidence they are coming apart at the seams.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
This is just such a crock of *expletive*. UconnDan nailed it with his comment on the APR ban. The NCAA is so worthless why does it exist?

Oh I know. To crap over UConn if they look at someone the wrong way.

I just can't believe this anymore

Reaction Score
I believe this was the plan all along. This explains why Predator State didn't fight the sanctions nor did the Governor. The Filth...I mean NCAA had to look tough so they laid down tough penalties with a wink and a nod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom