NCAA Drops PSU's Post Season Ban | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NCAA Drops PSU's Post Season Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This is horsehockey. PSU looked the other way for a long time and then tried to muddy the waters of transparency.

The NCAA is a useless piece of horsehockey.

A pox on both their houses!

Anyone who committed a crime should have been arrested and prosecuted. The NCAA should never had anything to do with it.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Anyone who committed a crime should have been arrested and prosecuted. The NCAA should never had anything to do with it.

Of course criminal penalties are warranted for anyone who had anything to do with the cover-up of child rape (coaching staff, AD's, office staff, boosters, school administration, politicians, police, fire, the person who takes out the garbage - everyone). But, in addition to those criminal penalties, the NCAA should have had to balls to also hurt the very thing those people were trying to protect: the football team. The NCAA has rules regarding institutional control for this very reason, but for selfish reasons has chosen to no longer enforce them.

The NCAA doesn't get off just because our criminal justice system is a mess - they both look bad here.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Of course criminal penalties are warranted for anyone who had anything to do with the cover-up of child rape (coaching staff, AD's, office staff, boosters, school administration, politicians, police, fire, the person who takes out the garbage - everyone). But, in addition to those criminal penalties, the NCAA should have had to balls to also hurt the very thing those people were trying to protect: the football team. The NCAA has rules regarding institutional control for this very reason, but for selfish reasons has chosen to no longer enforce them.

The NCAA doesn't get off just because our criminal justice system is a mess - they both look bad here.

Well if the justice system did their job - I have no idea if they did or not then the appropriate people would be punished. I'm not sure how keeping kids who never met the perps out of a bowl game makes any sense.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
Well if the justice system did their job - I have no idea if they did or not then the appropriate people would be punished. I'm not sure how keeping kids who never met the perps out of a bowl game makes any sense.

This is a completely false argument. First of all, any PSU player on the team at the time had the opportunity to transfer to another school without penalty. And second of all, anyone who is there now knew when they committed that there was a five-year suspension hanging over the program. The punishment was leveled on the program, not the athletes.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I'm with uconndan97 on this one. They played us, denied all of our appeals, despite significant evidence that the current kids had much higher APR scores. Somewhere UNC leaders are smiling.
...and by significant evidence you mean their actual grades. Don't get me started on this...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This is a completely false argument. First of all, any PSU player on the team at the time had the opportunity to transfer to another school without penalty. And second of all, anyone who is there now knew when they committed that there was a five-year suspension hanging over the program. The punishment was leveled on the program, not the athletes.

We can disagree. Institutional control of sports sure. This isn't something that I think has anything to do with the athletic governing body.

If you don't see transferring as a penalty probably not worth discussing anyway.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
This is horsehockey. PSU looked the other way for a long time and then tried to muddy the waters of transparency.

The NCAA is a useless piece of horsehockey.

A pox on both their houses!
PSU did not cover this up for decades. The new NCAA policy is exactly what Joe did. The NCAA is doing this to avoid lawsuits by various elements involved and know they, the NCAA, were in jeopardy. Both UCONN and PSU football were abused by the NCAA.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
PSU did not cover this up for decades. The new NCAA policy is exactly what Joe did. The NCAA is doing this to avoid lawsuits by various elements involved and know they, the NCAA, were in jeopardy. Both UCONN and PSU football were abused by the NCAA.

There is literally nothing more amazing than Penn State fans.

Batman get alerts as quickly as the JoePa apologists do.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Then they might as well police nothing. 99% of sanctions are for past crimes.

The NCAA? Yes they almost always punish the wrong people. It should be coaches and athletic directors who are sanctioned not schools generally. They usually screw that up though too. Sellers goes to China while Tom Moore cashes 7 figure checks.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
There is literally nothing more amazing than Penn State fans.

Batman get alerts as quickly as the JoePa apologists do.

They also had more fans attend a game in Dublin than UConn had last week vs. SB. Think about that.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
The NCAA did the right thing for the current football players. They should have done the same thing for UConn, when we put corrective actions in place and demonstrated progress.

I am a UConn grad and have gone to every bowl game and ND game. My daughter is a freshman at Penn State. I bought season tickets so that we can see her at school. 97K fans for Akron, 21K students. Student tickets are put on sale by class, and they sold out in 7 minutes for the freshman. I am sure that the other classes were the same. Awesome experience. Hopefully, Diaco can move UConn in the same direction.

Reaction Score

Ok so what time frame for cover up and dissimulating is OK?

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score

WTF?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

This statement is actually true, if one cared to update themselves from the initial media frenzy. The NCAA was on very shaky ground in its lawsuits. They got what they wanted. That they folded like a cheap suit only supports that. The part not being played up is that the State of PA now gets to decided where the $60 million is spent. The NCAA wanted no part of that lawsuit or the various other groups because they would have lost.

Those actually responsible are being dealt with by the court system. We'll see what happens there, but this was never an athletics issue. It was the University name being protected, if anything. The NCAA has more jurisdiction over the UNC scandal then it had over PSU.

Reaction Score
This statement is actually true, if one cared to update themselves from the initial media frenzy. The NCAA was on very shaky ground in its lawsuits. They got what they wanted. That they folded like a cheap suit only supports that. The part not being played up is that the State of PA now gets to decided where the $60 million is spent. The NCAA wanted no part of that lawsuit or the various other groups because they would have lost.

Those actually responsible are being dealt with by the court system. We'll see what happens there, but this was never an athletics issue. It was the University name being protected, if anything. The NCAA has more jurisdiction over the UNC scandal then it had over PSU.

Agree on that point. What happened in Unhappy Valley should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law as it was horrendous and criminal. But, the NCAA is not a government (state nor federal) agency that has the power to pursue criminal acts and their act of taking $60 million in public taxpayer money left them very vulnerable to a series of lawsuits, none of which would have ended well for the NCAA. Emmert got his blood and his publicity; but, now it's time for him to sweep it all under the rug because what he did was borderline illegal. Just place the debris right next too the leftovers from UConn 2000, academic fraud at LSU while Saint Saban was there, etc.

Reaction Score
What's really behind the Penn State decision? It is the NCAA's growing fear that the P5 will secede.

Actually I think it is only a matter of time before the P5 does exactly that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom