NCAA does it again - to Louisville | The Boneyard

NCAA does it again - to Louisville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Would not let mens team travel to see LV womens team in NC game because it may be improper benefit. They changed their minds but it was too late to get to game. Unfreaking believable !!

Reaction Score
Would not let mens team travel to see LV womens team in NC game because it may be improper benefit. They changed their minds but it was too late to get to game. Unfreaking believable !!

At least our womens team did it in front of Rick, but yeah the NCAA=Nazis and Emmert=Hitler

Reaction Score
At least our womens team did it in front of Rick, but yeah the NCAA=Nazis and Emmert=Hitler

Emmert is a real pos. Hope he goes down in the Miami mess.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This is such a stupid story.

If Louisville wanted to get their men's team to New Orleans, they had the time. They got the waiver but decided not to change their plans. I guess the logistics of flying an entire men's hoop team and finding accommodations on short notice was a bit more than UL wanted to swallow.

I'm sure there wasn't a media outcry when UConn's men shuttled home when they doubled up in '04. And look what the UL men were spared from seeing...

Reaction Score
Plus, even if you think college athletics is a sham, at this point college hoops players are often so far behind on academics from being on the road for a month that you don't want to kill another two days just so they can wave Pom-poms. If someone ends up ineligible, folks ask why they weren't studying.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Plus, even if you think college athletics is a sham, at this point college hoops players are often so far behind on academics from being on the road for a month that you don't want to kill another two days just so they can wave Pom-poms. If someone ends up ineligible, folks ask why they weren't studying.

Well, there's a better chance of me showing up for classes at Louisville tomorrow than any of their players.

And I say that without a hint of judgement - if I'm a member of the national championship winning team, you're not going to see me in Sociology 101 for a few days. I'd be on my campus victory tour first.

Reaction Score
Well, there's a better chance of me showing up for classes at Louisville tomorrow than any of their players.

And I say that without a hint of judgement - if I'm a member of the national championship winning team, you're not going to see me in Sociology 101 for a few days. I'd be on my campus victory tour first.

or sign with an agent and live large, Hasheem stayed behind at the 09 FF sitting court side at the title game with his big shades on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom