NCAA Championship Game | Page 6 | The Boneyard

NCAA Championship Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What....a....screw....job. Look at the stats. Consider that Wisconsin barely ever fouls. Consider that they were called for only 2 or 3 fouls in the entire first half. The refs took over for the NCAA darlings and it can happen again tomorrow to our women's team. Hate the refs. It makes you wonder why we even follow sports.

Reaction Score
I figured Wisconsin would play big down the stretch with all the experience, but they completely lost composure. A few iffy calls, but their offense was terrible late.

9 point lead with Okafor/Winslow out and they gave it all up within a blink of an eye. Inexcusable for a team with such experience.

Reaction Score
I figured Wisconsin would play big down the stretch with all the experience, but they completely lost composure. A few iffy calls, but their offense was terrible late.
I'd love to blame the zebras, and when the fouls were 10-4 in the second half I was, but down the stretch, Wiscy's missed easy ones and the shot clock violation...inexcusable.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Sure the refs were awful, but that was a pretty huge fail by Wisconsin down the stretch. Their offense was so lost, especially after Okafor got his 4th, which makes no sense.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
That's why Bo Ryan is 67 and hasn't won shizz.

Reaction Score
As expected, Wiscy had no shot without a bigger lead. There were going to be NO calls their way as it came close to the end. How can those 3 refs be the only fn people on earth not to see that ball hit Winslow's finger? Disgusting

Reaction Score
An absolute classic? The shilling of some of these college hoops talking heads is really unreal.

Reaction Score
Did the officials admit they close there eyes to dukes mistakes? How did they not see him touch it.
The touch, the step on the end line, all the charges called blocks...Dook gets this treatment so often.

With that said, Wisconsin just couldn't make plays during winning time.

The turning point in that game was when Allen went off and brought dook back into the game. Props to that kid as much as he fits the annoying little white Dookie kid that just pisses you off. Allen is a surprisingly athletic kid with some solid skills.

Reaction Score
Sure the refs were awful, but that was a pretty huge fail by Wisconsin down the stretch. Their offense was so lost, especially after Okafor got his 4th, which makes no sense.

Yeah they failed but they were also getting mugged. Winslow had no right being in the game he fouled out 5 times in the 2nd half. It's painful to watch.

But some has to go on the Badgers too, I guess.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Yeah they failed but they were also getting mugged. Winslow had no right being in the game he fouled out 5 times in the 2nd half. It's painful to watch.

But some has to go on the Badgers too, I guess.
They were getting mugged while chucking up terrible 3s and missing layups? Right.

I hate Duke as much as the next guy but Wisky blew it.

Reaction Score
Duke drove the ball to the rim and got fouled, Wisconsin tried it but the calls? Maybe the Kentucky game took too much from them, Dekker was a ghost from outside.

Reaction Score
They were getting mugged while chucking up terrible 3s and missing layups? Right.

I was surprised that Wisconsin got away from there good ball movement and player movement off the ball. They did way too much dribbling and surprisingly lost their composure down the stretch.

Reaction Score

Ok they were all good calls no doubt. It's pretty easy to turn the corner when Jones is hip checking and grabbing you? You got it BU......please it was awful. Some has to do with Wisconsin a lot has to do with calls. I am sure you agree with Winslow running through the guy and getting 2 shots too? It was awful

Reaction Score
Horrible last foul by Hayes at halfcourt, costing the Badgers championship comeback. There was no need to foul, just play good d and try to get ball back for a three to tie.

Reaction Score
Horrible last foul by Hayes at halfcourt, costing the Badgers championship comeback. There was no need to foul, just play good d and try to get ball back for a three to tie.

If anything they should have fouled M Jones when they trapped him prior to the Hayes foul, I agree.

Reaction Score
Yeah, that was a bonehead play. Didn't understand that one.

Reaction Score
Well that was a completely unsatisfying end to the basketball season. Oh well, I guess we have the rest of the 2015 recruiting season to look forward to and then see what Ollie can do for 2016.

Reaction Score
Jones (1), MJones (0), Cook (0) and Allen (0)playing all the guards minutes - 1 foul .. this is all you need to know!

Reaction Score
D-NICE said:

Based on how much they struggled to get a shot off, and how little time they would have had left (with Duke still having a foul to give), I don't think they would have had a good chance at a three to tie. Probably would have been a Dekker heave, if Duke didn't foul on purpose to give them a one and one.

But you don't foul the 89 percent foul shooter with plenty of time to trap and force the ball into someone else's hands.

Reaction Score
Anyone else notice Dekker was not the same player after seemingly losing his balance going after that loose ball? He looked daze, not as confident and not at all aggressive from that point on. Wonder if he rec'd some sort of concussion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom