Men - NCAA Baseball “Road to Omaha” Selection Show (5/30/22 @ Noon on ESPN2) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Men NCAA Baseball “Road to Omaha” Selection Show (5/30/22 @ Noon on ESPN2)

Reaction Score
One (minor) positive to the new BE set up is we only have 8 conference weekends so we have one or two extra for OOC matchups vs other conferences with more in conference weekends.

Actually, UConn plays only 7 weekends of conference games during the regular season in Big East baseball.

Reaction Score
Details of Shipley. Its playing surface is FieldTurf (dirt mound) and the dimensions are 320 down the left field line, 385 to center and 325 down the right field line.

Maryland is number 2 in team home runs with 121. Wake is number 7 with 108.
The dimensions really concern me. Seems to be similar to that of Georgetown's park. Both Maryland and Wake are HR hitting teams. Pitching is going to have to be on like they were against Xavier in BE tourney. Going to be some long balls. Also, we tend to get big eyes in smaller ball parks and swing for fences. Hope they can refrain from doing that and keep the pop ups down.

Reaction Score
The dimensions really concern me. Seems to be similar to that of Georgetown's park. Both Maryland and Wake are HR hitting teams. Pitching is going to have to be on like they were against Xavier in BE tourney. Going to be some long balls. Also, we tend to get big eyes in smaller ball parks and swing for fences. Hope they can refrain from doing that and keep the pop ups down.
I totally agree. Hopefully, the team learned some lessons at Georgetown that can be applied this weekend.

Reaction Score
The Maryland field is not an absolute joke like the G'town field. Although 320 and 325 directly down the lines it goes quickly out to 360+ well before the traditional "power alleys" It is just as deep or even deeper to right center and left center than it is to centerfield. So there is a bit of a power hitter advantage directly down the lines and to straight away centerfield. The Georgetown field was maybe 350 to left and right center and the 375 to centerfield seemed like a bit of an exaggeration.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I can’t really tell the wind, feels like it’s blowing in from left or left to right but yes the field is playing small. Stock and Huber had no issue putting balls over the batters eye during batting practice today.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom