NC State Post Game Performance Art here... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NC State Post Game Performance Art here...

Reaction Score
Who expected 39 yards passing?

UConn's wide receivers actually block pretty well. That is reflected in the running stats. Zion is simply not accurate enough to hit swing passes and screens. The ball needs to be catchable and in front of the WR. In the NC State game it looked like Charlton had given up on those. Instead, short down and outs were the option.

You simply cannot win college football without competent QB play. It hurts the offense and demoralizes the defense.

Reaction Score
This defense could be pretty good if we can add a pass rush.

Offense needs to not have everyone injured.

Better times are ahead.
I thought our pass rush was ok last night, I counted at least one sack (maybe two) and several hurries on Leary, but our defensive backfield is so so bad that all Leary needed was a few seconds to complete his passes.

Reaction Score
Charlton has been saving the offense. No point in trying it out with in these games that we don’t have a chance to win.

Jason Bateman Cotton GIF
I have been thinking this as well, but haven't been able to convince myself its true. I'm still trying though.

Reaction Score
It’s pretty unlikely.

That isn’t to say the remainder of the season is without hope, but any improvement is more likely to be due to the incremental development of our young skill players coupled with a dramatically reduced level of opponent rather than Charlton holding back and any super secret plays.
1664118481225.jpeg

I like this strategy. Charlton is putting our passing plays on Double Secret Probation so we can beat FIU and UMass. Maybe Auburn will take notice and hire him.

Reaction Score
Have you seen our trickery? We have a hard enough time executing plays under center let alone starting a play 7 yards behind the line of scrimmage. Unfortunately, we need to keep it simple with the current roster. My biggest issue is our inability to execute simple screens and slants without getting blown up.
True, but keeping it simple is like trying beat them with a steady stream of 85 mph fastballs down the middle of the plate. Gotta go with the junk.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
True, but keeping it simple is like trying beat them with a steady stream of 85 mph fastballs down the middle of the plate. Gotta go with the junk.
Yeah but that’s only when you have confidence in the placement of the junk. It’s all about the. “execution” or so I’ve heard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom