NC State Post Game Performance Art here... | The Boneyard

NC State Post Game Performance Art here...

Reaction Score
Overall it was about what we should have expected. With so many skill players out, our offense had no chance. Liked the effort in the 2nd half by our guys. Defense kept fighting despite getting beaten most of the night. Even that Rosa TD at garbage time took away some of the sting. Just glad the most brutal part of our schedule is almost over. Fresno St will be another really tough game next week. Still think we can win 2-3 games by season's end if we can get a little healthier.

Reaction Score
We can finally start to see who we really are...
With all due respect are you insinuating we have been playing as a placebo for five games? We are one game shy of half way through the season and you think we just might start to see who we are??????
No insult meant but you gave me a good laugh after a tough game to watch.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The defense minus the secondary is not terrible. The offense is one of the most inept I have ever seen.
Charlton has been saving the offense. No point in trying it out with in these games that we don’t have a chance to win.

Jason Bateman Cotton GIF

Reaction Score
I’m at a loss how we pass for a grand total of 39 yards. Last week it was 24. Syracuse was 105. You simply can’t hope to be remotely competitive doing that. Contrary to poplar belief, there are receivers open and there were open receivers today on several occasions. Zion is showing he is not capable of processing the field and finding receivers. He also is not that quick or elusive when he runs. At this point, I’d think anybody trying to win a game tries Millen in a run option scheme with Rosa getting good looks.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
We knew this was a likely result and NC St could have hung 50 or 60 if they wanted to do so.

Worst game of the season by OLine.

RT continues to be a major weak spot on the line. Guidone had his worst game of the season. That snap on the 3rd and short killed any chance of that play working. Speaking of which, what was the thought process on that play? Third and short, QB under center, you pull him out from center leaving a direct snap to 5th string RB/FB? Was Charlton expecting NC St to play for a pass when the only players receiving the snap are back up RB's?? Maybe try that with Rosa in case some team has a scouting report showing Rosa was a QB in HS (Even though Rosa ran it most of the time while a QB)?

Shearin got abused as a DB on passing plays but did have a few nice tackles. Overall DB's are still atrocious. It's interesting to listen to opposing teams' announcing crews to hear their thoughts on UConn players and strategies. Took the color analyst about one quarter to comment on how soft UConn's DB's play at LOS even on short yardage situations.

I would be ecstatic for a 6'2" 210 lbs WR. Or any WR over 6' and 200lbs. Seems like every other team has one or two of them, UConn has zero. Even when Fitgerald was healthy he was a non-factor.

Why even write about a non-existent passing game. UConn doesn't even game plan for it. As others have noted, we throw zero slants, TE's and middle of the field are completely ignored and we don't try to go vertical down the sidelines. There is no wrinkle or nuance. Yes, it is early and yes the depth chart on offense has been decimated but I still expected more creativity out of Charlton than what we have seen so far. Once again in first half they bring in Millen for two plays with no apparent rhyme or reason as to the purpose of those plays. Then they take him out on 3rd and long which puts Turner in a tenable position at best.

Stay within 20 points of Frenso next weekend at home, take a breath and figure out the rest of the season.

Reaction Score
I think the most enduring trait that UConn teams have have post 2011 is their ability to absolutely ruin their own True Frosh Qbs. They get thrown into the fire for various reasons (save job, no other qbs, whatever) and they get exposed.

For a team to have less than 50 yards passing in back to back games is basically impossible in modern College FBall with RPO, swing passes, screens, etc. Yet here we are.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Another game that I expected us to get destroyed. The true test now is how they respond coming out of that ridiculously hard start to the season. Next week will be hard as well and the injuries will add to this. However, the teams will and desire to win will be put to the test starting now. We have games against teams who are near the bottom quarter of the FBS, minus Fresno. We should be able to hopefully pull off a win, maybe two and stay competitive in the rest.

Rosa's TD and runs on that last drive were impressive and took the bad taste out of my mouth to end the game. The week before we couldn't score on Michigan's walk-ons.

Reaction Score
If the passing game is that bad, and I think we know where it stands, why even attempt certain plays if they have little chance of success and likely end up with a loss of yardage. Design plays that look like one thing but the plan is entirely different. Trickery. At least until UCONN is on the field with similarly and evenly matched players.

Maybe Victor Rosa could be our Wes Welker.

Reaction Score
I was there. We thought coverage was actually not bad. Their receivers were too big. They kept throwing the fade in the corner and it was just a bad matchup.

No pass rush. Nobody in his face.

Not sure that Carter would’ve made a difference.

Alumni tailgate was Great. Blue white and Phil Gamble were very nice. NC State fans very gracious. Gave us beers in route to Alumni Tent.

Reaction Score
If the passing game is that bad, and I think we know where it stands, why even attempt certain plays if they have little chance of success and likely end up with a loss of yardage. Design plays that look like one thing but the plan is entirely different. Trickery. At least until UCONN is on the field with similarly and evenly matched players.

Maybe Victor Rosa could be our Wes Welker.
Have you seen our trickery? We have a hard enough time executing plays under center let alone starting a play 7 yards behind the line of scrimmage. Unfortunately, we need to keep it simple with the current roster. My biggest issue is our inability to execute simple screens and slants without getting blown up.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Charlton has been saving the offense. No point in trying it out with in these games that we don’t have a chance to win.

Jason Bateman Cotton GIF
Let’s hope that’s true.

Calling 4 yard pass plays to the sideline on 3rd and 11 and bringing in Millen exclusively to run (only to get stuffed because the D knows this), certainly isn’t smart play calling.

I refuse to believe we don’t have a single athlete on this team, even if they aren’t a natural WR, who can’t be taught to lineup outside and run a route by a defender down the field to start stretching out our O. Let’s hope that’s what he’s saving.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Have you seen our trickery? We have a hard enough time executing plays under center let alone starting a play 7 yards behind the line of scrimmage. Unfortunately, we need to keep it simple with the current roster. My biggest issue is our inability to execute simple screens and slants without getting blown up.

Part of it is the UConn WR's are so small they cannot block on the edge on the WR screens. Plus, teams don't have to respect any downfield passing so they can play everything tight WRT covering WR's.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Let’s hope that’s true.
It’s pretty unlikely.

That isn’t to say the remainder of the season is without hope, but any improvement is more likely to be due to the incremental development of our young skill players coupled with a dramatically reduced level of opponent rather than Charlton holding back and any super secret plays.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom