NC st vs Ville reminder of recruiting misses | The Boneyard

NC st vs Ville reminder of recruiting misses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm now begrudgingly rooting for NC state since I'm about to finish my masters there, but worse than the fact that I have to root for NC state is the fact that we missed on two players that would have helped us a ton this year.

We've already had several mentions in threads about tough luck missing on Abu, but another one I didn't really think would turn out to be a loss is Quentin Snider. I've seen him a few times this year, and he's been a very solid player for ville especially after chris jones got shown the door. He would have been a huge help for boat seeing as he's got a good handle, and he's a pretty decent scorer. Would have been a lot of fun to watch him and hamilton play together.

Reaction Score
Abu hurts.

Don't think Snider ever wanted to go anywhere other than Louisville, so I wouldn't count that as a loss. Yeah, he ended up decommitting from Louisville originally, but only because Pitino took a commit from Jaquan Lyle. Snider committed to Illinois in the meantime, but the minute Lyle decommitted from Louisville, Snider decommitted from Illinois and returned to Louisville. Same thing would have probably happened if he came to UConn.

Reactions: caw

caw

Reaction Score
Abu hurts.

Don't think Snider ever wanted to go anywhere other than Louisville, so I wouldn't count that as a loss. Yeah, he ended up decommitting from Louisville originally, but only because Pitino took a commit from Jaquan Lyle. Snider committed to Illinois in the meantime, but the minute Lyle decommitted from Louisville, Snider decommitted from Illinois and returned to Louisville. Same thing would have probably happened if he came to UConn.

Yes. If there were a player on UL that UConn "missed" on it would be Aaron (who doesn't play).

Reaction Score
Scary that Rodney would play like RJ Evans minutes if he was still at NCSU with those guards.

Reaction Score
I'm still shocked how dark Pitino's hair is tonight. Is it 1998 again?

Insert "just for men" commercial...

Reaction Score
In person, Rick Pitino is one of the most disturbing looking people you'll ever run into.

It's unsettling how badly he's aging and how badly he's accepting how badly he's aging.
Pitino is an amazing coach but everything about him creeps me out, he's the John Travolta of the coaching ranks, creepy as hell.

Reaction Score
In person, Rick Pitino is one of the most disturbing looking people you'll ever run into.

It's unsettling how badly he's aging and how badly he's accepting how badly he's aging.
Just as you say that they show a close up.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It's so much worse in person.

Teeny body. Odd, no doubt surgically-altered turkey neck and then this big hair-dyed head teetering atop it all. The whole mess is botoxed to hell.

Reaction Score
rick-pitino-vampire.jpg

I'm waiting for news to break that he's been dead for 6 years, and his body has been controlled by one of those little alien dudes from Men In Black

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

You know I thought the same when they did the close up interview with him after the game. He did have that little spunk though for the blonde who interviewed him

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
We've already had several mentions in threads about tough luck missing on Abu, but another one I didn't really think would turn out to be a loss is Quentin Snider.
Yeah, as others pointed out we were never really in the running with him.

The guy who got into the Elite 8 tonight that we missed out on is Perkins. He hasn't played since December b/c of a broken jaw, but god**** was he absolutely what he needed - just a pure ball handler & creator with a reliable jumper. If we'd landed him & kept DeAndre, I think we end up with another 8-10 wins.

Oh well.

Reaction Score
OMG; Pitino one scary ass dude. He starting to look like Bruce Jenner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom