OT: - NBA Trade Deadline | The Boneyard

OT: NBA Trade Deadline

Reaction Score
Should be an exciting deadline day as a Knicks fan. Somewhat related, hoping to see some UConn related moves. Want to see Drummond traded and Adama given a chance with the Bulls

Reaction Score
Should be an exciting deadline day as a Knicks fan. Somewhat related, hoping to see some UConn related moves. Want to see Drummond traded and Adama given a chance with the Bulls
Think the Knicks are gonna make some more moves? All my buddies are die hard NYK fans, i’ve always been a lukewarm fan, more a player’s fan.

Reaction Score
Think the Knicks are gonna make some more moves? All my buddies are die hard NYK fans, i’ve always been a lukewarm fan, more a player’s fan.
I think they realize this is the time to do it, everyone in the East is vulnerable this year. Not expecting a huge move like Dejounte Murray, but I think they'll end up with either Bruce Brown or Malcolm Brogdon

Reaction Score
Im less optimistic that the knicks are going to do anything that moves the needle. It looks like they'll do something, but i dont think theres anyone available that will really move the needle.
What i hope they dont do is what they've always done, overspend on someone who ends up out of the rotation in a month, and end up with a salary cap anchor for the next 3 years.

Will the Pelicans move anyone and free up Hawk for playing time ? I dont think so, but it's possible. Everyone in New Orleans is screaming for Hawk to play more, and this is one way to make it happen.

Im dying to see Drummond moved though. I dont care where he ends up, i just want to see Adama get some time.

I cant wait to see what OKC does. I root for them because their coach Mark Daigneault (for anyone who doesnt know), is a UConn grad, and got his start under Calhoun. JC basically got him going in the coaching game.

From wiki: Mark Daigneault

Coaching career[edit]​

Before graduating from the University of Connecticut, Daigneault served as a student manager for the UConn Huskies from 2003 to 2007 under Jim Calhoun. After earning his bachelor's degree in education, Daigneault initially intended to go for a master's degree, but was urged by Calhoun and associate head coach George Blaney to pursue an assistant coaching position at Holy Cross, giving Daigneault strong recommendations.[1] During Daigneault's tenure, the Crusaders finished as runner-up of the Patriot League Championship in the 2008–09 season.[2]

Reaction Score
Im less optimistic that the knicks are going to do anything that moves the needle. It looks like they'll do something, but i dont think theres anyone available that will really move the needle.
What i hope they dont do is what they've always done, overspend on someone who ends up out of the rotation in a month, and end up with a salary cap anchor for the next 3 years.

Will the Pelicans move anyone and free up Hawk for playing time ? I dont think so, but it's possible. Everyone in New Orleans is screaming for Hawk to play more, and this is one way to make it happen.

Im dying to see Drummond moved though. I dont care where he ends up, i just want to see Adama get some time.

I cant wait to see what OKC does. I root for them because their coach Mark Daigneault (for anyone who doesnt know), is a UConn grad, and got his start under Calhoun. JC basically got him going in the coaching game.

From wiki: Mark Daigneault

Coaching career[edit]​

Before graduating from the University of Connecticut, Daigneault served as a student manager for the UConn Huskies from 2003 to 2007 under Jim Calhoun. After earning his bachelor's degree in education, Daigneault initially intended to go for a master's degree, but was urged by Calhoun and associate head coach George Blaney to pursue an assistant coaching position at Holy Cross, giving Daigneault strong recommendations.[1] During Daigneault's tenure, the Crusaders finished as runner-up of the Patriot League Championship in the 2008–09 season.[2]
OKC acquired Hayward, good move if he can stay healthy and actually play but I wouldn't bank on it

Reaction Score
I think they realize this is the time to do it, everyone in the East is vulnerable this year. Not expecting a huge move like Dejounte Murray, but I think they'll end up with either Bruce Brown or Malcolm Brogdon
Brogdon would be good. I think they already have a Bruce Brown with Hart, and they loveeee Hart.

Reaction Score
OKC acquired Hayward, good move if he can stay healthy and actually play but I wouldn't bank on it

I like this move. He's their type of player. Skilled and smart. If he can stay healthy, he'll be an upgrade probably off the bench for them. May take some of Giddey's minutes.

Reaction Score
Woj mentioning Bojan like he's a throw-in when he's the much bigger piece lol. not a Knicks fan but that's a nice move, their front office the past couple of years is a complete 180 compared to years past.
I expected them to get Burks, Thibs loves him for some reason. Wasn't really expecting them to get Bogdanovic. They haven't given up first round draft picks with any of their recent moves. Good stuff.

Reaction Score
Man, Grimes was almost an untouchable last season, and now he's moved for Burks.
What a world

Reaction Score
Man, Grimes was almost an untouchable last season, and now he's moved for Burks.
What a world
Definitely should have just moved him in the Mitchell deal last year. But getting Burks and Bogdonovic for him is still really good for a team going all in, and the path to a trade for a star is still there this summer

Reaction Score
Definitely should have just moved him in the Mitchell deal last year. But getting Burks and Bogdonovic for him is still really good for a team going all in, and the path to a trade for a star is still there this summer
Im glad they didnt do the Mitchell deal. I think they would have ended up with the same problem cleveland has now. 2 small guards with overlapping skillsets and defensive trouble in the playoffs.
Just my opinion though.
In college having 2 small guards doesnt matter that much because offenses rarely exploit mismatches, but in the NBA its pretty much all they do. Id rather they dont give other teams so many mismatches to exploit.
Plus the price for Mitchell was just more than i think he's worth.
again, my 0.02

Reaction Score
What a world
Grimes has been really poor this year and other guards have passed him up. He was good last season but he’s just not what they thought he was it seems.

Reaction Score
wow, I know Grant Williams gotta be sick, sign with a new team expected to be in the playoff mix and get moved to that mess in Charlotte

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
yes I think so as long as OG & Randle are healthy
Agreed. They have so much depth and they added some much needed scorers. Think it’s setting up to be a Celts vs Knicks series for the chance to go to the Finals.

Reaction Score
Knicks are legit contenders in the East after these moves? They have a really good roster top to bottom.
East is wide open this year so I feel like they have as good a chance as anyone. Celtics still scare me, and can never count out Giannis and Dame, but I like their chances

Reaction Score
Ryan Arcidiacano to Detroit! maybe they can make a play-in run :D

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
East is wide open this year so I feel like they have as good a chance as anyone. Celtics still scare me, and can never count out Giannis and Dame, but I like their chances
I have a hard time believing in the Bucks right now because their defense is just so bad. Think the Knicks matchup well. But if Dame can turn the clock back they could have a chance.

Celtics are the main threats. But again, think the Knicks matchup well and have the guys to control the paint in that series.

Robinson, Harthenstein, Precious, and Randle against Porzingis and Tatum is a matchup heavily in favor of the Knicks as far as defense and rebounding goes. They could be like the Heat on steroids somewhat.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom