NBA Summer League | Page 14 | The Boneyard

NBA Summer League

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting I couldn’t turn on the ga
Me until the 4th so missed it - good stuff!!!

Reaction Score
Whitmore isn't hitting his threes, isn't hitting his free throws, is turning the ball over a lot..........but is still having a pretty solid game. Finding ways to be impactful

Reaction Score
I’m not a huge NBA fan, but I’ve seen him do some insane things on tape. I think given his unique size and skills, if he stays healthy he will definitely be “one of the best players of his era”.

I also think Hawkins will be a top 3 player from this draft class, but that could just be my UConn bias…
It's not your bias. Hawkins is going to light stuff up this season, especially if Williamson is healthy. Zion has a ton of gravity on the block and trying to decide between death in the post and death from distance is going to be very very difficult for opposing teams to deal with.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Thanks for the info on the timing of Tyrese's 2nd year guarantee. He certainly has something to play for in the short term. He is in a tough spot with AJ Griffin being the 1st round pick last year, and another shooting guard (Bufkin) drafted in the 1st round this year as well as Lundy in the 2nd round. Just a crowded position for the Hawks. It will be tough to hold onto a spot with Atlanta.
fwiw, not that a couple of summer league games determine much, but Tyrese is holding his own so far.

from HoopsHype.

1689121545377.png

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Talking Hawk an average defender but tell you what he looks a heck of a lot better than the others. He is rushing his shots - they are not in rythym

Reaction Score
Hawkins is such a lethal shooter. Nails a 3 and then on the next possession gets fouled taking a 3 - for the second time this game

Reaction Score
Shot not going down for Hawkins 1-8(1-4 from 3) and 4-6 from FT for 7 pt.

Reaction Score
Credit to Hawkins for trying to be more aggressive but he is really forcing it right now. The shot hasn't been falling so he's been putting the ball on the floor and had a couple of turnovers in the last few minutes

Reaction Score
Credit to Hawkins for trying to be more aggressive but he is really forcing it right now. The shot hasn't been falling so he's been putting the ball on the floor and had a couple of turnovers in the last few minutes
He went into a funk early on in his UConn career. He just needs to relax.

Reaction Score
REALLY rough game for Hawkins. 1-12 shooting and 5 turnovers. Still not comfortable dribbling or facing heavy pressure. I’m sure it’ll get better with defined offensive sets to get him open, but that was a bad game

Really good defense though! Was active, switching, and keeping guys in front. Good way to get minutes when shots aren’t falling

Reaction Score
Brutal game for Hawk tonight. For the three games he was 14-42 fg, 5-22 threes, 13 turnovers. He did some other things but his role will be shooting, he needs to start making them. They're not going to let him put the ball on the floor much at all, he just doesn't have NBA level ball handling yet. Hopefully it comes with time but he's a major work in progress there.

Reaction Score
Brutal game for Hawk tonight. For the three games he was 14-42 fg, 5-22 threes, 13 turnovers. He did some other things but his role will be shooting, he needs to start making them. They're not going to let him put the ball on the floor much at all, he just doesn't have NBA level ball handling yet. Hopefully it comes with time but he's a major work in progress there.
REALLY rough game for Hawkins. 1-12 shooting and 5 turnovers. Still not comfortable dribbling or facing heavy pressure. I’m sure it’ll get better with defined offensive sets to get him open, but that was a bad game

Really good defense though! Was active, switching, and keeping guys in front. Good way to get minutes when shots aren’t falling

Really goes to show how impressive Hurley & Co.'s offense was this past year that they could design an offense that made Hawkins look elite / played to his strengths even when he couldn't really put the ball on the floor

Reaction Score
Bouknight a no show again. Hasn't been on the court since about 6 minutes left in the third quarter, and looks like he is done for the night. In the few minutes I watched he was playing good defense and hustling, but looked passive and unable to break down his guy on offense. Outplayed by every other guard on the court - seems to be a confidence thing at this point. Kind of sad to see really

Reaction Score
Blazers and Hornets was really fun. Shaedon Sharpe and Nick Smith Jr were going at it in the fourth. Smith with 32, Sharpe with 26 including the FTs to ice it. Brandon Miller with 26 as well

Bouknight had 2 points on 0-2 shooting in 15 minutes. He wasn’t part of the ending lineup for Charlotte. It seems like his opportunities have run out. We’ll have to wait and see if he’s still starting next game or if McGowens will take his spot

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Hawkins is really going to have to find some consistency in his 3 point shot. That’s what he’s there for.

He doesn’t do anything else at a high enough level to get playing time if he’s not an elite three point shooter come season time.

Reaction Score
Sanogo looking quite good. Defense not bad. Just took a charge on a drive. Positioning and decision making has been improved in drop coverage. Has been roasting the opponent on the glass all night (with his trademark physicality) and the guy just cheap shotted him in retaliation.

Has definitely looked better than Oturu, their other G league center.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom