NBA playoffs | Page 32 | The Boneyard

NBA playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Tatum became the first player in NBA history with multiple playoff games of 35+ points, 10+ rebounds and 5+ assists with no turnovers.

I still feel like he's not quite good enough to be the best guy on a title team -- he's a Drexler or a Barkley or a Pierce or a Malone. But damn. And the fact is, the Celtics are so well constructed that he might get this team there anyway.
I think he’s more than good enough to be the best player on a title team. I think Brown is a closer comp to someone like Drexler.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
LoL. C's in 5 or sweep. First, Mavs will be lucky to have Luka and Kyrie both healthy the way they are going - if they even make it to the Finals. I'm not convinced yet they can make it through. Next, C's have 4 or 5 guys with length, physicality, speed and experience that can cover the perimeter. Next, the C's offense will run rough-shod over that Mavs defense. Finally, C's will most likely have Porzingas back for the Finals. He's arguably their most disruptive player on both ends. I'm "hoping" for a Cs/Mavs Final!
The Mavs actually match up pretty well against the Cs defensively.

DJJ and PJ have done a pretty great job on their defensive assignments with Harden/PG, Jalen Williams, and now Ant so far this round. Only guy who’s been able to play well against them is the one who was 2nd in the MVP race.

On the other end guards have been torching the Celtics (something I’ve talked about in-depth). Can’t imagine Luka and Kyrie won’t do the same.

Now watch out for Ant to go off for 40 tonight ;)

Reaction Score
Tatum became the first player in NBA history with multiple playoff games of 35+ points, 10+ rebounds and 5+ assists with no turnovers.

I still feel like he's not quite good enough to be the best guy on a title team -- he's a Drexler or a Barkley or a Pierce or a Malone. But damn. And the fact is, the Celtics are so well constructed that he might get this team there anyway.
Well he's 5 wins away from being good enough to be the best player to be the best guy on a title team.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Well he's 5 wins away from being good enough to be the best player to be the best guy on a title team.
Only had to beat a Heat team without Jimmy Butler, Cavs team without Donovan Mitchell, and Pacers team with Tyrese Haliburton to do it.

Maybe they’ll get a Mavs team without Luka or Wolves team without Ant to complete the mission.

Reaction Score
Yup. But if we're facing Luka in the finals I'm next expecting to win unless Tatum finds his "2022 vs. KD" form for 4 games.

Reaction Score
I didn't give the Mavs defense enough credit heading into this series, if you don't have high IQ players on offense you're gonna struggle scoring on them in the halfcourt

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I didn't give the Mavs defense enough credit heading into this series, if you don't have high IQ players on offense you're gonna struggle scoring on them in the halfcourt
Believed in this Mavs team since the beginning. Too bad the Knicks broke down. Smh

IMG_5182.jpeg

Reaction Score
The end of game shotmaking from Luka and Kyrie is just too much

Reaction Score
Yup. But if we're facing Luka in the finals I'm next expecting to win unless Tatum finds his "2022 vs. KD" form for 4 games.
Luka has that look, Jrue makes the Celtics different but Celtics could have trouble with Lively and Gaffard.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
KAT a shining example of why bigs should develop 3 point shots. Who needs guys like Gafford and Lively who can’t shoot outside of 5’?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
KAT a shining example of why bigs should develop 3 point shots. Who needs guys like Gafford and Lively who can’t shoot outside of 5’?
Can't tell if sarcasm... 4 for 32?

I didn't know Draymond Green was a guest analyst for the conference finals. And he's making good points.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Can't tell if sarcasm... 4 for 32?

I didn't know Draymond Green was a guest analyst for the conference finals. And he's making good points.
Definitely sarcasm. Just poking fun at some of the takes on this board that talk about how bigs need to develop that for the NBA, especially in DCs case.

He is but I also don’t watch Inside the NBA for basketball analysis. He needs to take that to ESPN or his podcast so we can get back to the jokes.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Only had to beat a Heat team without Jimmy Butler, Cavs team without Donovan Mitchell, and Pacers team with Tyrese Haliburton to do it.

Maybe they’ll get a Mavs team without Luka or Wolves team without Ant to complete the mission.
Blah blah blah. What a sad take I keep seeing. They won the East by 14 games and are playing without one of their best players as well. Halliburton did play the first two games.

Reaction Score
What, precisely, do they owe him an apology for?

He's had a great year. It seems like getting to Dallas has helped in numerous ways, including being on the court and playing basketball. But people were right to be skeptical of him given what's happened since 2019.
He’s been blackballed and vilified for being different, and he never committed any crime and there’s been a bigger backlash against him then guys who actually did commit a crime. Miles Bridges bet up a woman and somehow what Kyrie has done is worse.

He made a video he didn’t fully understand was later taken down does that mean he should be blackballed.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Proof's in the pudding. I've already stated my concerns about Tatum and my optimism that the Celts are good enough nonetheless. But if we win a title, it will do wonders for Tatum's rep. And if we don't, the question will be answered the other way.

The Celtics are much better than the Mavs overall. But Luka is a That Guy.

Reaction Score
Proof's in the pudding. I've already stated my concerns about Tatum and my optimism that the Celts are good enough nonetheless. But if we win a title, it will do wonders for Tatum's rep. And if we don't, the question will be answered the other way.
For now, at least. Tatum's so good -- and Stevens is so good at building around him -- that he could end up having a Dirk-like career where he misses his chance in his prime, but then comes back and takes it once he hits his 30s.

But yeah, I really want it to happen this season, because at that point the rest of the decade is house money.

Reaction Score
C's will roll the Mavs in the Finals like they did to them in the regular season. I have no idea what offense Minnesota is running, but its an absolute joke against this weak/average Mavs defense. Thats the biggest difference with these C's. They have 5 starters (assuming Porzinga is healthy) that can score 20+ a night and create their own shots.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Blah blah blah. What a sad take I keep seeing. They won the East by 14 games and are playing without one of their best players as well. Halliburton did play the first two games.
It’s one of the easier roads to the finals we’ve seen. Even though they may have gotten there anyways.

The only teams that had a legit shot was a healthy Heat or Knicks team imo. But man every team is breaking down in the East. Never seen anything like it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They don’t owe him an apology for that, they owe him an apology for saying he was going to bring down the Mavericks franchise and jump ship when he’s a FA. He resigned with the Mavs when things weren’t going smoothly in his first year there and made it work and became a model team mate and leader. Stephen A Smith told him to retire a year ago now he’s glorify Kyrie it’s fake, just say you were wrong a year ago about Kyrie.
Kyrie gets credit for recognizing his last chance and acting accordingly. Apology? Please, all the stuff those hot takes were based on didn't disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom