NBA playoffs | Page 29 | The Boneyard

NBA playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
cant inbound the ball cleanly, no hand in Brown's face on the 3. Haliburton rushing shots and not draining clock. Choke job

To paraphrase Groucho Marx, if Siakam was any closer to Brown he'd have been behind him. That wasn't a mistake, that was just a good shot. But they never should have been in that situation.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Can’t believe Pacers blew that. Hali played great but 2 REAL costly turnovers. Gotta close that for the steal on the road.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
both-why.gif

Lucky win there. Brown with a gigantic shot.
The shot and forcing the turnover that got them the ball to take that shot

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The Box Score from last night is interesting for the haters. I know +/- isn't an ideal metric, but Tatum was +20. Halliburton was -11. Pritchard and Hauser were very negative. Pacers destroyed the Boston bench. Holliday played a great game.

Reaction Score
The Box Score from last night is interesting for the haters. I know +/- isn't an ideal metric, but Tatum was +20. Halliburton was -11. Pritchard and Hauser were very negative. Pacers destroyed the Boston bench. Holliday played a great game.

We fell apart every time he came out. Sometimes +/- really does tell the story.

Reaction Score

Somethings that stuck out for me on Haliburton was just poor clock management. Was rushing shots early in shot clock toward end of game instead of trying to grind out time. Holiday played great defense on him. TJ McConnell is great, just an annoying guard who can also score. Turner is such an enigma. I feel like he should be taking it in more on Al Hartford but a lot of his game now is shooting 3s

Reaction Score
Mavs vs TWolves, I'm leaning to and hoping for TWolves in 6

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Viewership for 1st two rounds of NBA playoffs = down 11%
Viewership for 1st two rounds of NHL playoffs = highest ever
Discuss

Reaction Score
To paraphrase Groucho Marx, if Siakam was any closer to Brown he'd have been behind him. That wasn't a mistake, that was just a good shot. But they never should have been in that situation.
True, but if the Pacers had a good scouting report it would have said foul Jaylen Brown late. He’s been shooting FT around 60% so that nets to a 20% chance he makes all 3 and in reality with pressure I’d put it <10%. Up 3 you foul brown on the catch or earlier.

Reaction Score
Viewership for 1st two rounds of NBA playoffs = down 11%
Viewership for 1st two rounds of NHL playoffs = highest ever
Discuss
NHL is my 4th favorite sport. But, hockey has the most exciting playoffs. No doubt about it.
The combination of the 'surprise factor' that comes with some goals and sudden death OT... there's nothing like it.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Big time performances by Luka and Ky.

I’ve started to like Kyrie in this Dallas pairing. I’ve basically hated him at every other stop.

Reaction Score
Not relevant. NBA had 5x the viewers of NHL, but it's the trend that's significant.
Lol at the idea that hockey will ever surpass basketball in popularity, or ratings, or revenue. If the "trend" points to your remaining in 4th place in the US. major sports, then the trend is not significant.

It is a very cool sport, that's true. So is lacrosse.

If UConn were ever faced with the decision to drop hockey as the cost of admission to a P4 conference, they would cut it loose in half a heartbeat.

Reaction Score
Actually, it's more likely that soccer continues its ascent in the U.S. and bumps hockey to 5th place. We will probably see that in our lifetimes.

Also, a single season's variance is not a "trend". I think that's what triggered the "agenda" comment. You put two unrelated data points next to each other as if together they made some kind of point, when really they do not.

There, now it's been discussed.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
you brought up hockey ratings in an NBA playoffs thread, you tell us.
I also brought up NBA ratings in an NBA thread, or did you miss that part? No point in discussing further, you seem incapable of that.

Reaction Score
I also brought up NBA ratings in an NBA thread, or did you miss that part? No point in discussing further, you seem incapable of that.
I don't know why you're trying to play dumb here. The guy who openly doesn't watch the NBA shows up talking about NBA ratings being down and you're acting like everyone doesn't know what your goal is

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I don't know why you're trying to play dumb here. The guy who openly doesn't watch the NBA shows up talking about NBA ratings being down and you're acting like everyone doesn't know what your goal is
What's my goal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32