NBA playoffs | Page 12 | The Boneyard

NBA playoffs

Reaction Score
Brunson the last 4 games of the series averaged 42 points & 10 assists- what a performance. As Thibodeau stated in the post game- Knicks just kept fighting & had great mental toughness.

Hart & OG had a good series as well.

Like the matchup verse the Pacers- not happy about the injury to Bogan because as we all know the playoffs come down to a war of attrition. Look for Burks & Precious to get some minutes in the beginning of the series- would imagine if they play well they’ll get burn throughout the series. A couple of storylines- OG guarding his former teammate in Siakam & Obi Toppin playing verse his former team. Think the Knicks matchup well verse Indiana & crossing fingers to see Knicks/Boston in conference finals, but first focus is on the Pacers.

Let’s go Knicks!!

Reactions: MJ1
Reaction Score
He’s insane. Shiftier than I ever thought a sub-athletic guard could be. One of the best tough shot makers in the league, up there with Kyrie.

My Dad is a bigger Knicks fan than I, I’m sure you all know I am a LeBron fan. He complains a lot that Brunson needs to trust his teammates more. I don’t disagree, he does get a bit tunnel visioned sometimes, but man, he is incredible either way. Should be 2nd team All-NBA at the very least.
I was going to like your post until you said you are are a LeBron fan, I can't stand that cry baby even though he has matured in that area. Brunson is Intelligent and very charismatic guy. He is a great face to have leading the NBA and one of my favorites next to Ant Man and SGA.

Reaction Score
Took more shots from midrange 10’ and longer than he did 3s. :rolleyes:

Just to continue to add to the case that real superstars lean on an elite mid range game more than anything. Him and Shai have their teams punching way above their weight class on it.

Knicks are a legit Finals contender.
Yea the whole "nobody shoots midrange jumpers" thing is up there with "all centers shoot 3s" as far as fake Boneyard narratives that posters peddle on here. If you're a superstar you better have a midrange game, especially in the playoffs when the game grinds down and you gotta get your own bucket.

Reaction Score
Yes, it was a joke. Greg Oden isn't really in a nursing home, he's in his mid-30's.
He was in the same draft as Durant, who is still playing.

But there were jokes about him being an old man even then. He once said in an interview, some fan heckled him asking him what it was like in WW2.

Reaction Score
I was going to like your post until you said you are are a LeBron fan, I can't stand that cry baby even though he has matured in that area. Brunson is Intelligent and very charismatic guy. He is a great face to have leading the NBA and one of my favorites next to Ant Man and SGA.
You can just keep things like that to yourself.

It’s quite bizarre.

Reaction Score
The contrast between how good the Knicks can look and how incredibly bad in the same game - is stunning.

Reaction Score
As a Sixers fan, I'm disappointed in last nights result. I really thought the Sixers would force a game 7.

It was a great series, two teams that never gave up. In the end the Knicks were better. I like their chances against the Pacers.

Reaction Score
Why bizzare? Not everyone is a fan of Lebron.
You can’t be a Knicks fan and be a fan of Lebron after he played them in 2010, when he had already made his decision to join the Heat in 2008.

On the Knicks real gm board you say you are a fan of Lebron you will have a ton of venom coming your way.

Reaction Score
Your not a real Knicks fan then and that’s ok.
I'm also a Knicks fan and a LeBron James fan. Didn't realize we were breaking the rules and that I'm not actually a real Knicks fan, thanks for letting us know.

I swear the binary world in which some of you live is just plain weird. It's like your life is one giant exclamation point.

Reaction Score
I'm also a Knicks fan and a LeBron James fan. Didn't realize we were breaking the rules and that I'm not actually a real Knicks fan, thanks for letting us know.

I swear the binary world in which some of you live is just plain weird. It's like your life is one giant exclamation point.
Again, bizarre.

Reaction Score
What I find bizarre is people that are "Lebron fans".

Not sure I'm quite as befuddled by the "binary" world, though. Imagine 30 years earlier saying you're a Knicks fan, but also a Michael Jordan fan. MJ was always awesome, but no way when he was playing, was I ever an "MJ fan". I was a Knicks fan. Period.

Reaction Score

Not sure I'm quite as befuddled by the "binary" world, though. Imagine 30 years earlier saying you're a Knicks fan, but also a Michael Jordan fan. MJ was always awesome, but no way when he was playing, was I ever an "MJ fan". I was a Knicks fan. Period.
LeBron didn’t terrorize the Knicks my guy. The Knicks rarely got to the playoffs for me to harbor any hate to LeBron.

He plays the game in one of the more aesthetically pleasing ways I have watched. I like pure basketball players. I like watching players at the highest level in any sport, and then seeing those that just make it even easier.

Plus, he’s a pretty swell guy in general for what he does off the court. If you disagree with that, you’re too far gone.

Reaction Score
LeBron didn’t terrorize the Knicks my guy. The Knicks rarely got to the playoffs for me to harbor any hate to LeBron.

He plays the game in one of the more aesthetically pleasing ways I have watched. I like pure basketball players. I like watching players at the highest level in any sport, and then seeing those that just make it even easier.

Plus, he’s a pretty swell guy in general for what he does off the court. If you disagree with that, you’re too far gone.
Incredible basketball player but I don't get your last sentence. He donates money and has charities as most incredibly rich public figures do and he's never been arrested but how does it make you "too far gone" if you don't like him off the court.

I've never particularly liked his personality off the court. Not a huge fan of how he's dealt with losing and I often think he sticks his foot in his mouth without knowing what he's talking about. There's a lot of people who don't like him off the court for a host of reasons. There's of course people who also don't particularly care for Jordan, Kareem, Kobe etc.

Reaction Score
Incredible basketball player but I don't get your last sentence. He donates money and has charities as most incredibly rich public figures do and he's never been arrested but how does it make you "too far gone" if you don't like him off the court.

I've never particularly liked his personality off the court. Not a huge fan of how he's dealt with losing and I often think he sticks his foot in his mouth without knowing what he's talking about. There's a lot of people who don't like him off the court for a host of reasons. There's of course people who also don't particularly care for Jordan, Kareem, Kobe etc.
Agree to disagree.

Off the court wise, harsh to group him in with Kobe/Jordan.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

I agree with this.

But, frankly, the LeBron haters are just as weird.

Reaction Score
Agree to disagree.

Off the court wise, harsh to group him in with Kobe/Jordan.
I think Jordan handles himself much better than Lebron and has a much better/more interesting personality, that's why he's the most popular athlete ever and why people are still so drawn to him

I wasn't comparing them just bringing up other superstar players to point out there's people who don't like them either and it doesn't mean they're "too far gone." I don't understand why you would say someone is too far gone if they don't like an athlete you like.

Reaction Score

Knicks fans hate MJ far more than they hate Lebron as they should. They view Lebron as a phony knowing he was never serious about joining the Knicks in the first place. Making recent comments saying the Knicks were a serious destination for him in 2010, that’s a lie.

Lebron made the right choice to join the Heat as far as winning championships. There is far more hate for Riley and Dwade for orchestrating the whole 2010 FA charade when Lebron, Wade and Bosh had already agreed to play together in 2008.

Reaction Score
I think Jordan handles himself much better than Lebron and has a much better/more interesting personality, that's why he's the most popular athlete ever and why people are still so drawn to him

I wasn't comparing them just bringing up other superstar players to point out there's people who don't like them either and it doesn't mean they're "too far gone." I don't understand why you would say someone is too far gone if they don't like an athlete you like.
Not what I was referring to. If you don’t like him as a player, because he challenges the throne, for whatever reason on the court, I don’t care. Off the court, being in the public eye for nearly 25 years, he has a pretty near flawless resume.

We all deep down know where the hate comes from, that’s fine.

We’ve also discussed this ourselves countless times, I won’t change your opinion and you won’t change mine, so we can leave it at that.

Reaction Score
Not what I was referring to. If you don’t like him as a player, because he challenges the throne, for whatever reason on the court, I don’t care. Off the court, being in the public eye for nearly 25 years, he has a pretty near flawless resume.

We all deep down know where the hate comes from, that’s fine.

We’ve also discussed this ourselves countless times, I won’t change your opinion and you won’t change mine, so we can leave it at that.
Again, what does this mean? You've completely lost me.

What do you mean when you say someone is "too far gone" if they don't like a player off the court?

What does it mean when you say we all deep down know where the "hate" comes from?

I don't know if you dislike Jordan on and or off the court (kind of seems like you don't like him off the court) but I would never say you're too far gone if you don't like him off the court? I would never say deep down we all know where the hate comes from.

Reaction Score
It’s been 15 years. Move on.
Ok let’s say Calipari gets a commitment from a 5 star recruit as a Jr, but it’s a behind closed doors agreement and he uses the rest of his jr season and senior year to take recruiting visits even though he’s already agreed to join Squid, he announces his decision in a gym in CT. You don’t even get a call saying I have joined Squid, leaving UConn in limbo whether you’re joining or not and wasting their time. Now get over it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom