NBA playoffs | Page 9 | The Boneyard

NBA playoffs

Reaction Score
Lakers had the players to win that series. Denver played poorly the whole series and the Lakers had large leads every game of the series. One team just executed great at the end of games and the other team didn't.

Reaction Score
Lakers had the players to win that series. Denver played poorly the whole series and the Lakers had large leads every game of the series. One team just executed great at the end of games and the other team didn't.
They don’t/didn’t. Big Reeves fan but he is rough defensively. DLo is one of the dumber players I have watched and is also a turnstile.

Prince, Hayes, Dinwiddie, Vincent, Wood, Reddish, etc have either been injured or pretty terrible all season.

The Nuggets were incredible in the second halves of these games, they sucked in the first and Lakers built their leads. But the better team, better coached team and more dependable players stepped up when they do. I mean MPJ was literally lights out.

Reaction Score
They don’t/didn’t. Big Reeves fan but he is rough defensively. DLo is one of the dumber players I have watched and is also a turnstile.

Prince, Hayes, Dinwiddie, Vincent, Wood, Reddish, etc have either been injured or pretty terrible all season.

The Nuggets were incredible in the second halves of these games, they sucked in the first and Lakers built their leads. But the better team, better coached team and more dependable players stepped up when they do. I mean MPJ was literally lights out.
Also, Lebron and AD had to work so hard to compensate for the shortcomings of the other players. In doing this, it made them more tired in the 2nd half. Also, the Nuggets are used to playing in high altitude so their conditioning was better. Everyone is focusing on the Lakers leading every game at halftime, but people need to look at the 3rd quarter. The Nuggets outscored the Lakers in every 3rd quarter except game 4 if I am not mistaken. Usually the tide turned in the middle of the 3rd quarter and then the 4th quarter the Nuggets were rolling.

Reaction Score
It did look like the Nuggets were saving their wad a little bit, or is it a sign of things to come because if that’s the case they won’t beat the Twolves.

Reaction Score
Also, Lebron and AD had to work so hard to compensate for the shortcomings of the other players. In doing this, it made them more tired in the 2nd half. Also, the Nuggets are used to playing in high altitude so their conditioning was better. Everyone is focusing on the Lakers leading every game at halftime, but people need to look at the 3rd quarter. The Nuggets outscored the Lakers in every 3rd quarter except game 4 if I am not mistaken. Usually the tide turned in the middle of the 3rd quarter and then the 4th quarter the Nuggets were rolling.
I mean LeBron played 44 mins last night, that’s just ridiculous. And it was necessary. The team is trash when just one of him or AD is on the bench.

Reaction Score

Of course the Nuggets are the better team, they've beaten them 12 out of 13 times. A great deal of that is because one team executes well at the end of games and is clutch and the other team doesn't execute well at the end of games and isn't clutch.

Reaction Score
Of course the Nuggets are the better team, they've beaten them 12 out of 13 times. A great deal of that is because one team executes well at the end of games and is clutch and the other team doesn't execute well at the end of games and isn't clutch.
Well that’s not entirely true. The Lakers were the most clutch team statistically this season. The Nuggets are certainly a better team. But their pieces also fit better and their coaching is in another stratosphere.

Plus they have the best player on the planet by a healthy margin.

Reaction Score
Well that’s not entirely true. The Lakers were the most clutch team statistically this season. The Nuggets are certainly a better team. But their pieces also fit better and their coaching is in another stratosphere.

Plus they have the best player on the planet by a healthy margin.
I'm talking about the Nuggets vs. the Lakers. One team executes and is clutch at the end of games over and over again and the other team isn't.

Reaction Score
This Knicks team is a joy to watch, they play so damn hard. Outside of Brunson there's not really much talent there but they run through walls. No Randle, no Mitchell Robinson, no Hartenstein for the last 20 minutes, Brunson and Hart banged up and they get it done. They get to every ball first and play outstanding defense. Props to Thibs and the Nova Knicks.

Brunson is a beast.
The unsung hero in that game was O.G. Basically guarded Embiid the entire 4th & he only scored one point.

I thought Brunson calling out Embiid at the foul line for his dirty play in the 4th quarter was also a turning point- think that got in EmBiid’s head- don’t see two great players typically call each other out like that in today’s NBA.

Reaction Score
I'm talking about the Nuggets vs. the Lakers. One team executes and is clutch at the end of games over and over again and the other team isn't.
Nuggets are better & do execute better at the end of the game, some of that I would think has to do with LeBron’s & Davis’ age- they are typically gassed at the end of games compared to the younger guys like Joker & Murray.

Reaction Score
Nuggets were +11 combined score differential in the series

They won 4-1 lmaoooo

Reaction Score
A lot of people are picking Minnesota to beat Denver. Not buying that at all, Nuggets match up well against them.
I think it comes down to the Murray/Ant, MPJ/McDaniels matchups, Jokic is going to get his 25pts at the minimum. But if Ant and McDaniels can win their matchups or in regards to McDaniels slow down or match MPJ then Minny has a serious chance. They're much better equipped to win the series this year simply by having McDaniels and Reid available and Denver's bench being weaker.

Reaction Score
Knicks blew that 6 point lead with a minute left. Why is Hart in on offense? I know he shoots 79% FT but this series he looks off. Hopefully the Knicks can win in OT.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The Knicks worked so hard to lose that game. So, so hard.

Andre looks absolutely lost in space so far in the Pacers-Bucks game.

Reaction Score
Knicks blew that 6 point lead with a minute left. Why is Hart in on offense? I know he shoots 79% FT but this series he looks off. Hopefully the Knicks can win in OT.
Should’ve put Devo in for Hart there but Thibs doesn’t think like that substitute a better ft shooter of course if Hart just hits 1-2 then we’re not having this conversation, Emeka made his ft against Duke because he’s a winner Hart is not. Also the 4 pt play anyone with half a brain just let’s Maxey shoot that.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Should’ve put Devo in for Hart there but Thibs doesn’t think that substitutint a better ft shooter of course if just hits 1-2 then we’re not having this conversation, Emeka made his ft against Duke because he’s a winner Hart is not. Also the 4 pt play anyone with half a brain just let’s Maxey shoot that.
It's just crazy they fouled Maxey on a three and Hart was on the court and ended up with the ball. Hart isn't even close on his free throws. There was a lot of dumb stuff and missed ft's from both teams but the Knicks gagged it away and Maxey stole it.

Reaction Score
It's just crazy they fouled Maxey on a three and Hart was on the court and ended up with the ball. Hart isn't even close on his free throws. There was a lot of dumb stuff and missed ft's from both teams but the Knicks gagged it away and Maxey stole it.
Brunson missing a bunch of fts and OG missing 1 that wouldve put Knicks up 7, Precious played great in game 4 was a DNP tonight.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
The Knicks worked so hard to lose that game. So, so hard.

Andre looks absolutely lost in space so far in the Pacers-Bucks game.
His only offense he’s confident in is his 3 point shot and… well yeah.

On defense he’s an energizer bunny who’s a little too aggressive at times.

His whole game needs serious coaching, development, and molding.

Reaction Score
Maxey has been destroying the Knicks all series, but this takes the bleeping cake. One second the Knicks looked like they had it in the bag, and then Mitch commits that horrific foul and enables the four-point play to make it a one-possession game. And then the missed free throw, and then the long three to tie, and then the blown lead in OT, thanks to a bunch of bad offensive sets. And still they came back, only to let it slip away one more time.

This is a tough loss to stomach.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
His only offense he’s confident in is his 3 point shot and… well yeah.

On defense he’s an energizer bunny who’s a little too aggressive at times.

His whole game needs serious coaching, development, and molding.

Tonight, he has no idea what he’s doing. They’re sitting so far off of him and playing five on four. Twice, he’s actually stopped someone on his own team from driving the baseline. I think they need to put the ball in his hands because he is a catastrophe without it.

He needs to take like 10 deep breaths and slow down.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Seeing Maxey do that, and Murray the night before, and Shai being an MVP-caliber guy, and Bam being so consistently excellent, and Booker one of the best scorers in the NBA, and KAT an all-time shooter among big men, and guys like Fox, Monk & Quickley being good-to-excellent NBA players...

And then you look at Calipari's trophy cabinet. :D

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Tonight, he has no idea what he’s doing. They’re sitting so far off of him and playing five on four. Twice, he’s actually stopped someone on his own team from driving the baseline. I think they need to put the ball in his hands because he is a catastrophe without it.

He needs to take like 10 deep breaths and slow down.
So he's the same guy he was at UConn it seems.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom